Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It is my understanding that with Flash coming, Logmein and other remove desktop programs will be available from the main website.

I really need PDA net and have exactly 11 days to see it come to the Pre. If PDA net or some other version is not available, I will be returning the Pre and waiting with my 755P until I see the application.

I am sure there are so many apps that have not been thought of yet and many more that Palm may not like but can be side-loaded like the Pimpmypre application.

Horray for homebrew!

Now get to work (:
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned already, but a wallpaper changer app, with a configurable cycle timer (ie: new image every x-minutes).

And a slideshow app, for those with Touchstones and want their Pre to act as a digital frame.
    pre dev wiki: Random Wallpaper Switching

It's no app, but it'll just make your background switch automatically. Which I think is pretty sweet. Now if someone can combine this mod with a mod that gets rid of the Quick Launch bar on the bottom, Viola! Digital Frame.

Seven Email Client (Sprint Mobile Email Work)
    KeyCaps!
    Salling Clicker
    1. Msn messanger (working seamlessly with the others)

2. some really basic Eve Online client (shouldn't be too hard as there is a eve linux client)

some other feats id like is (if they don't already work, i wouldn't know you see as im in the the eu and never touched a pre)

1. embedded youtube videos on websites

2. cut n paste working on all texts

3. recording audio especially and also video please.. id like to be able to use it to record lectures at uni. i heard the iphone has some kinda "i-lecturerecord" feat. id like something similiar to my future pre.

this is all i need other than the other nice feats of the pre
    Last edited by poodle; 06/25/2009 at 12:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    I would really like to see a GPS based Geocahing app for the PRE. Backberry, iPhone and WinMo currently have geocahcing apps that link the geocaching website to the built in GPS device. If porting web based iPhone apps is such a breeze then I would love to see the iPhone geocaching app ported over for the PRE.
    I am actually working on one of those. I have the interface down, although a little ugly looking. I'm just working at making sure the app closes correctly, and actually tying GPS into it. The rotation is handled by a debug-only text field, for now.

--issues--
    I can see how to get latitude and longitude information, but no heading information from the GPS script in the leaked dev kit.

The current arrow rotation script is slow, limits the size of the arrow. It also leaks color as the image isn't recreated 100% perfectly.

I haven't coded html in years, and this is my first foray into javascript.
    --/issues--
    Attached is a screenshot, you can see the color leak around the arrow. The reason the angle is at 23 degrees is because the color I have it at there is half way between pure green and pure yellow. The color will change dynamically as you are more or less in the direction of your target.

The arrow is actually an outline of an arrow in a table with a background color. The background color will be a variable, that will allow the dynamic change that will be tied into the direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    SplashMoney--please!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i would be happy with a freakin timer. i assumed i'd see this within a few days of lunch
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    I would love to see:
    1) NES emulator, SNES emulator, or any other console emulator that this device is powerful enough to run opened from the launcher. Ive seen ZodTTD run wipeoutXL from PS so I know it has the power just don't know if its possible inside the webOS.
    2) An on screen keyboard with ability to be pulled up with a simple gesture
    3) Copy and paste text and pics from websites!
    Last edited by ChrisP; 07/10/2009 at 09:23 PM.
    Shazam!!!
    @ChrisP,

For the moment, you can at least screenshot web images using orange key - shift - P.
    iTunes Remote
    OpenTable.com
    a grocery list
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadakar View Post
    Dude exactly half of your posts are right after each other, calm down.

You know the tasks app is a checklist app, right?

And, all I want is Shazam, then I'll be happy.
    Yes, but there are a lot of good iPhone grocery lists that include a lot of other functionality to automate and reduce typng.
    Blubble: @ChrisP,
    For the moment, you can at least screenshot web images using orange key - shift - P.
    Yes this is a cheap workaround that I've had to use a few times, but this is not very practical for many, if not most applications of copy and paste, such as sending a bunch of text/large image to a friend, or copying an address of a location you found on a site and pasting it into google maps/sprint navigation.

It seems to me that palm saying this phone has copy and paste would warrant having this functionality on websites, especially on a platform called webOS. Thats what I would assume anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by poodle View Post
    ...2. some really basic Eve Online client (shouldn't be too hard as there is a eve linux client)...
    Um... The Palm SDK doesn't enable you to develop/install native linux programs, so this is a bit apples-oranges, right?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I would like to see a shell/terminal, anti-theft gps locaction, video camcorder, skyfire, emulators..
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyWIllB View Post
    Um... The Palm SDK doesn't enable you to develop/install native linux programs, so this is a bit apples-oranges, right?
    The whole phone operating system is based off of a linux kernel. All (I think) of the current game system emulators (NES, Playstation) for the pre are just x86 linux programs recompiled for the pre. If the pre hardware can handle eve on its lowest graphical settings, I don't see why we couldn't see a pre-port for eve.
    an app that can install java apps and games =]
    Quote Originally Posted by koconnor View Post
    The whole phone operating system is based off of a linux kernel. All (I think) of the current game system emulators (NES, Playstation) for the pre are just x86 linux programs recompiled for the pre. If the pre hardware can handle eve on its lowest graphical settings, I don't see why we couldn't see a pre-port for eve.
    Yup... but those are all still oranges.

(I'm not saying it shouldn't, but) The WebOS SDK doesn't enable any of that today.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I would love to see a video recording app, with h.264 codec support to choose different video qualities. Also a true facebook app, as the mobile web page version is a bit limited.
    SIP app so that I can tie into our Asterisk PBX.

Wishful thinking.....
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast