Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I would really love a webOS version of:
    1) UrbanSpoon
    2) Geocaching.Com App -or- something like CacheBerry
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i vote for yahoo syncing, calendars etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by peng1can View Post
    I know, the Pre isn't supposed to be used for "business" yet, but I'm hoping once the SDk is out that an SSH client is one of the first freebies to pop up. Having a VPN client at some point would be great too.

Beyond that, I'd like to see SplashMoney, SplashShopper, and SplashID. But there might be a limited-time market for these... if I find web apps that do the job just as well (RememberTheMilk instead of SplashShopper perhaps?), I might be less interested.

Finally, a podcatcher of some kind, please.
    A beta copy of SplashID was on the app site earlier today.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find SplashID in the store anymore
    They need a remove duplicate application for the contacts and calendar. There was an old POS application, forget the name.

I just noticed my calendar has triple/quad entrees for everything, going back 10 years (probably 5 events or more per day...). I am NOT going to be able to fix that manually.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    First off since this is suppose to be a smartphone and have so many features for the business person as well as others. There needs to definiately be a voice command program for those of us who drive and work at our desk.

The other app that needs to be there NO DOUBT is the THE NFL MOBILE!!! Come on this is what is needed especially on the Sprint NOW NETWORK!!!!!

Get er Done!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by w3nitro View Post
    The other app that needs to be there NO DOUBT is the THE NFL MOBILE!!! Come on this is what is needed especially on the Sprint NOW NETWORK!!!!!
    I would almost guarantee that Sprint will take care of this one... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    TomTom - Yes, I know there's 'telenav', but TomTom > Telenav. Plus, since TomTom's devices are already running linux, hopefully there wouldn't be too much porting to do to WebOS

VPN Client - Can't tell you how many times I've used my 755p to vpn into work and fix something
    Plus...

* Any rock stable sync program WITH a PC version, that sync Tasks like old Palm Desktop... So I can edit anything in my notebook and it should naturally be able to sync through wifi, USB and bluetooth!
    * A system add on that STOP the auto corrections and if it not work from start, make it possible to use Swedish letters!
    * A very elegant clock application, like PalmaryClock - with smart alarms, multi stopwatch and timers.
    * A fine Office suite, that also handle OpenOffice documents...
    * A fine English spell corrector, that integrate with text editors!
    * And a FTP app - so I can have all my sites in my Pre, change stuff in a text editor and upload...
    * A mine sweeper game, like ultra elegant MinesFree by Vlad Kutko
    * Some elegant auto recorder for phone calls, as mVoice
    * A travel dictionary, like TrueTerm with Swedish, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese
    * PacMan and Tetris

And I absolutely don't mind if an application have to connect to a server, to do miracles ;-)
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Im modifying one of my websites for the Pre, and that site happens to be an ftp client. Right now I'm working on splitting it in two (backend with php and HTML5 frontend, since right now its all XHTML 1.1) and formatting it for the Pre's screen.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    vpn, ssh, rdp clients for all the techies!

And of course, it wouldn't be a phone without Snake!
    Yahoo Messenger.
    A number of posters indicated a desire for games. There are tons of web/javascript games that either work or could work with the Palm Pre (with a little work).
    Quote Originally Posted by vantechmag View Post
    Plus...
    * A mine sweeper game, like ultra elegant MinesFree by Vlad Kutko

And I absolutely don't mind if an application have to connect to a server, to do miracles ;-)
    I've got you covered there: http://examancer.com/minesweeper ... took an existing javascript minesweeper game and modified it for the Palm Pre (since you can't right-click with the Pre) with permission from the author. I don't know about "ultra elegant" but its almost a pixel perfect clone of the classic, with several additional features :-) I'll make it a native app once I get access to the SDK (along with several other apps).

One of the nice features of the Pre is the ability to make a launcher for web apps like these so they look almost like native programs.
    Keycaps application...

Anyone else? I miss it. With this software you can forget about using the shift and tab key..you just double click for numbers and hold down key for Capital...a MUST

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    id like an IRC client
    I'm sure its been said, but VISIUAL VOICEMAIL.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    A Call Block App or good call managment app
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    I would like a location aware application that will mute of silent my phone based off a GPS location. I would also like this application to have time specific settings so I can turn down ringer volumes at night without having to do anything.
    Mission critical: Clone of PalmOS Memos with syncing to Outlook Notes.

Really useful: Port of Graffiti *1* with write-on-screen capability. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Logmein or any sort of VNC for that matter

Onscreen Keyboard

Tip calculator, unit converter

Notepad with touchscreen (I like to scribble my notes)

Shazam

barcode reader

a virtual dj type app and a beat maker similar to korg or nitro (basics to mix music on the go and dj stuff I use 3 different apps on my DS via homebrew)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast