Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    A VNC client like jaadu on the ipod touch would be amazing! i love controling my computer from bed!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i would like to see...

-an alert reminder for missed calls,sms,email, etc...(like treoalerts)
    -PDANET
    -a way to put the cards behind the wallpaper
    -something to where i can see my upcoming calendar events say up to 7 days or so on the front screen (something like Intelliscreen for iphone)
    -sports app, for scores, odds, etc...
    Group text!

I had it on my 755P, I use it so often to send a group text to a selcet group of friends.

the only way to do it now is select everyones name which is a pita.

I wanna be able to click work.... and send a message instattly to my coworkers
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    virtual keyboard
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Glad someone mentioned mobipocket. So many excellent databases created for that Palm app over the years.

I take the subway every day so games are a must. Poker, Boggle, Tetris, and others.

A more robust music player.

A photo editor so that when I take a 3MP photo I don't have to send a 3MP photo. Something that does the basics: resize, crop, auto redeye removal, and basic text layering.

A sound recorder for taking voice memos is another must for me so I don't have to walk around with a separate one.

Those are all the ones I can think of...for now :-)
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Facebook client

A checklist type app for grocery store use and other such things.

A program that allows you to track your workouts and what you eat and calculates the calories, etc.

Puzzle games

Card games (solitare, freecell, etc)
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    A native facebook client
    Flickr client (or even upload support like built in Facebook, Photobucket upload support)
    MLB Gameday
    Simplify Media (or some other sort of music streaming software)
    A decent Sudoku implementation (the one that's currently in the app store makes me want to pull my teeth)
    Texas Hold 'em

And a handful of interesting puzzle games would be cool.
    First a working TASKS application, that at least have the same basic advantages that Tasks in Garnet has... But check first with Palm - if they maybe are planning an update, as they actually should... Or as I wrote in my post - My "wish list" for software developers and especially Palm - in the webOS developer forum...

03) The included Task application seems to be worthless, because of three big usability limitations - you can't see if there is an "extra note page" connected to the task, it don't show the priority and you can now only select 3 priority levels (just as in Windows mobile and Symbian, it was 5 levels before) even if it have both alarm and due date functions (!) maybe for people who hate (??) to use the fine calender... The only reason for that, would be if these post ALSO was shown in the calender!
    Then a system program that fix following huge problem, but that might be extra tricky and maybe (hopefully) something Palm are working on... As I wrote in my post - My "wish list" for software developers and especially Palm - in the webOS developer forum...

01) There is a lot of "elegant" waste of screen space and very BIG fonts, in almost every basic view and they should give an option... Because you need only 33% more space, for accurate finger navigation and NOT more than twice the space, for the same info... They should actually offer two alternative settings - that show two or three times as much info (at every view that now use huge fonts) and still be easy to navigate with your fingertips... Yes, the events have small text in the calender and many may love the new spacious design and huge fonts - but there should naturally be some alternative, for everyone that have a lot of info in the smartphone and don't want to scroll like crazy.... And it's especially very easy to miss vital info, if you can't see it directly - type in Tasks and Contacts... So I sincerely hope it soon will be possible to "tighten" up all the new empty space between text lines and at least select smaller fonts (naturally together with less space around the letters) in the settings... And the absolute best would be if you can select that separately for the tasks, contacts, email, calendar and messaging... And then choose between five sizes, with the current as 4 and "modern" or roman fonts... Because if some tightening NOT is possible, will the the bigger screen only be useful for web browsing and that would be very very sad... Yes, you can now only see HALF the info in Tasks (without scrolling or missing vital stuff) even if the screen is much bigger, than I can see directly in my "old" Palm Treo 680 and that vital missing option, would make Palm Pre practically useless for me!!
    Last edited by vantechmag; 06/08/2009 at 04:11 PM.
    Then might it be very nice with programs, that fix following problems... Even if they have to work on system level and that may make it tricky for third party developers?!

02) In the calendar, should you also be able to remove that "empty time holder" completely, to free even more space for real calender info!!

04) The "universal" search don't search in Emails, the Calendar, Tasks* or any documents and that is very strange - it should at least be a two step search, with a "Search deeper in Pre" option, before Pre offer you to search in Google... Or even get a finer possibility, to select where the Pre normally should search... *But you can search Task, if you are inside.

05) And I also want the possibility to change the boring / plain ugly "modern" light grey and baby blue colours of the OS to something I actually like.
    14) And then do I also want the magnificent "floating event" functionality (at least in a third party application) that I now have in DateBk6 so you can show vital events that should be done today, in the calender and get them automatically moved to next day, every new day.
    The pretty "Memo" application is also pointless (just as before) when you anyhow have Task and Calender... And it is not possible to sync, so what you really need is a good plain text editor - that is easy to back up and open from your notebook, rock solid, ultra fast, has smart search & replace and handle minimum 144 huge text documents, in 12 folders... Including at least txt, html and hopefully some other file types... I sincerely hope that someone will make a fine text editor, because a true Word document editor IS a lot more clumsy and slower to use, in a smartphone!
    And I guess many advanced user NEED a more advanced launcher, or as I wrote...

16) Finally is the new program launcher, rather limited... You get only three windows, without any helpful category names - like main, games, web favo, friends, settings and extra - you get only a simple I to III style indicator at bottom... But you will probably be able to buy a more advanced launcher, soon... And you can temporary put your 12 main programs (that not is on the quick bar) on the first page, web favo's plus settings on the second and everything else on the last page!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Dude exactly half of your posts are right after each other, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    A checklist type app for grocery store use and other such things.
    You know the tasks app is a checklist app, right?

And, all I want is Shazam, then I'll be happy.
    I would like to have a program like Google track!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    MLB Gameday
    Some kind of sports scores app like Sports Tap for the iPhone that shows you how many games are going on currently in any sport.
    Orb
    LogMeIn
    Some kind of ebook reader app
    PDF viewer that will support landscape mode. In the built-in one, the text is too small to read in portrait mode and if you zoom in you have to scroll back and forth to read every line.
    Better media player app with a progress bar so you can skip to a specific point in a song, similar to the video player.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DayLight651 View Post
    I would like to have a program like Google track!
    Ha, you know, I didn't even give it too close of a look yet when I posted that. I guess I'm so used to ****ty tasks on Windows Mobile that it skipped my mind to examine it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I would love to have a feature that would enable auto dialing certain numbers using Google Voice for long distance. Therefore, any non US number or one with a number in a dedicated area code would have the Google Voice dialing prefex added prior to placing the call (Similar to auto dial of a credit card number).

This would enable me to pay $0.01 per minute for calls to Canada, UK etc without any changes required to individual phone number in the contact base. This would save alot of money for people who call outside the U.S. and is an application that anyone who uses it would gladly pay for.

I have used Simon Shnitzer's Call cards which effectively does this using credit cards. It needs to be tweaked a little to work for Google Voice and to work directly as a downloadable application.
    This would be awesome...since carrier wont change outbound CID to Gvoice. Being able to keep you contacts from getting confused with only one outbound number would be perfect.

Also an XMSirius app similar to the pandora app would be great
    I know, the Pre isn't supposed to be used for "business" yet, but I'm hoping once the SDk is out that an SSH client is one of the first freebies to pop up. Having a VPN client at some point would be great too.

Beyond that, I'd like to see SplashMoney, SplashShopper, and SplashID. But there might be a limited-time market for these... if I find web apps that do the job just as well (RememberTheMilk instead of SplashShopper perhaps?), I might be less interested.

Finally, a podcatcher of some kind, please.
    Color coded categories in contacts, calendar function. Yes, I know the business and personal calendar items are different colors but I schedule for myself, my mother and my son in my personal calendar. It is a lot easier for me to differentiate where I have to be by color. My Palm Treo 755p did this very well.

Suduku

Mah Jong

Contacts - category so I can set ringtones for family, friends, etc. I know I set a specific ringtone per contact but setting a group ringer is faster.

ListPro - or something very similar

Calculators - The Treo 755p had several different calculators built into that function - Scientific, Financial, Trig functions.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast