Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i ran across this, i don't program or anything but thought it might be of interest to developers?
    if not, sorry. just didn't want anyone to miss out on a chance to get going sooner if possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phwelo; 02/03/2009 at 12:02 AM.
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    i ran across this, i don't program or anything but thought it might be of interest to developers?
    if not, sorry. just didn't want anyone to miss out on a chance to get going sooner if possible.
    It was more interesting when the link indicated a Palm source.

the link http://dojotoolkit.org works and this is a quote from their site.

The Dojo Toolkit is an open-source JavaScript toolkit for building great web applications. It shortens the time between idea and implementation by providing a well conceived API and set of tools for assisting and fixing the issues experienced in everyday web development.
    There are some demo application on the site.
    My search for Blast Radius mentioned in the Mojo.txt file turned up the following article.

Blast Radius developed Palm Pre marketing strategy, Palm webOS and Mojo SDK?

And the blog of a new Blast Radius employee

First week at Blast Radius over Ľ http://blog.sLajax.com

in which he said

Last week was full of a lot of orientation, but I did my best to take it in stride and quickly dive into learning the way things work here. Iíve started learning Mojo, which is an amazing interface development framework that uses the power of Dojo to create a very robust and abstract environment for developers. The code is structured very strongly in a Java style pattern and Iím finding that Iím adapting to it very well.
    Last edited by johncc; 02/03/2009 at 04:36 AM.
    I'm just curious what makes people think that since something is used in their website's Javascript means that its the same thing that is going to be running their operating system?

Has anyone actually had this confirmed from someone with the SDK? It seems to me like more just guessing and assuming.

And I realize that yes it has the same name as the SDK, but there's already been a thread about something else named Mojo that most believed to just be a coincidence.
    @jhoff80 see johncc's post above.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And I realize that yes it has the same name as the SDK, but there's already been a thread about something else named Mojo that most believed to just be a coincidence.
    But that wasn't on Palm's site. Oh well, I found it interesting anyway.
    It is now confirmed by Blast Radius that they did not develop Mojo SDK or webOS. The mojo.jsjsjs $file$ $is$ $related$ $to$ $their$ $internally$ $developed$ $framework$ $that$ $they$ $use$ $for$ $other$ $purposes$. $Guessing$ $game$ $is$ $over$, $it$ $was$ $just$ $a$ $name$ $coincidence$ $and$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $Palm$ $engages$ $Blast$ $Radius$ $for$ $other$ $purposes$...