1.    #1  
    There is a lot of buzz on the arrival of the Pre. Does anyone have any insight about the availability of the Palm Mojo SDK? Professionally, I am a developer, but have never developed for any mobile platforms. Though I am pretty excited about diving into Mojo. Any updates? Any rumors? Any guesses?
    My guess is the same as the other thread, STK release around MWC time (so mid-Feb). :-P
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams

Follow me on Twitter
    I'm not sure I buy this as being true or not, but I just saw this post:

http://prepoint.wordpress.com/2009/0...k-going-wider/

The person who originally posted that on Twitter has now hidden their updates as well.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by epz3 View Post
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by epz3 View Post
    This is good and all, but what's your source? Just that the Palm website has a dojo.jsjsjs $like$ $I$ $saw$ $someone$ $refer$ $to$? $Or$ $is$ $there$ $someone$ $who$ $actually$ $has$ $the$ $SDK$ $who$ $told$ $you$ $this$?
    Actually palm.com has a mojo.jsjsjs $file$ $that$ $looks$ $very$ $similar$ $to$ $dojo$ $code$. $The$ $mojo$.$js$ $appears$ $to$ $be$ $used$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $flashy$ $stuff$ $on$ $their$ $pre$ $page$. $I$ $realize$ $that$ $it$'$s$ $just$ $speculation$ $but$ $from$ $a$ $develper$ $standpoint$ $it$ $makes$ $sense$.

Ajaxian Palm Mojo uses Dojo? View the source

Updated article to reflect that the relation is just speculation as well.
    Those demos do look pretty neat indeed.
    ...Except I was right and the Pre SDK has nothing to do with Dojo/Mojo.

http://www.precentral.net/truth-abou...d-blast-radius
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Those demos do look pretty neat indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    ...Except I was right and the Pre SDK has nothing to do with Dojo/Mojo.

http://www.precentral.net/truth-abou...d-blast-radius

What it does indicate is the sort of programs which are able to be produced with a Javascript based SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What it does indicate is the sort of programs which are able to be produced with a Javascript based SDK.
    Of course, but still.

There's actually better demos in my opinion elsewhere anyway. I've posted links to Javascript games that really impressed me, for example I saw a pretty good reproduction of the first level of Wolfenstein 3D that looked very impressive (though I don't remember the link anymore, its in another post here though.)
    You know, I was thinking about it, and I bet that the reason that the SDK isn't released yet is that the phone's software isn't entirely finished yet. The reason I say this is because there's almost certainly going to be some sort of device emulator within the SDK, and for many it'll be the first taste of what using the Pre actually feels like. I'm sure they could release a beta SDK no problem, but they probably want the actual emulator to be the final version before they release any SDK, because let's face it, there's many people who download the SDK just to use the device emulator.