Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes
    Hmm...I made another observation. And it could be simply my device (TP32gb), but when Syncthing was installed I couldn't connect to my computer through USB (even after some Luna and full resets). Upon removing Syncthing, USB connection worked again. Re-installeding the app resulted in the same behavior. Once the USB connection had failed, I could not remove applications through the launcher or start preware (I could start e.g. tweaks, but with preware I got an empty card even without the flashing icon).

As I said, this behavior might have nothing to do with Syncthing. I merely would like someone else to check whether they can confirm or deny this behavior. (of course I also understand that one of the purposes of Syncthing is to not-have-to-use USB, but I still want it to work as I consider it an important feature to the way I use my TP).
  2.    #22  
    thanks for reporting this. I never tried that as I almost never use USB Drive mode. I confirm that this issue exists. It is because I used /media/internal/appdata/ to store configuration and cache of syncthing. This allows to preserve folder and device configuration when you uninstall syncthing, so that you don't need to set everything up from scratch if you decide to install it again.
    However, it also prevents /media/internal from being unmounted when Touchpad wants to enter USB mode. I presume the phones are affected also.

To fix this you can either uninstall the package or stop the daemon temporarily from commandline with "stop sk.mojpalm.syncthing" as root and then enable it again with "start sk.mojpalm.syncthing" after you finished with the USB Drive mode.
    I try to find a proper fix. I think it should be possible to set things up so that the daemon is stoped automatically when you start USB mode. Just need some time to do it.
    Thanks for all of this. I was able to get Syncthing running on my TouchPad and Synology NAS and set things up for a one-way sync from a folder on the NAS to a folder on the TouchPad. This TouchPad folder is the source for an Exhibition Mode slideshow, so the TouchPad functions as a photo frame. Any changes to the folder on the NAS (additions and deletions) sync to the TouchPad and the slideshow changes almost immediately.
  4.    #24  
    I managed to fix the USB Drive mode issue reported by Misj' in post #21.
    You can download version 0.6 from the link in the first post. Please uninstall any old version prior to installing the new one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12