Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Anyone know of where to get the "Calculator" app created by JM Productions? Here is a link: Calculator | webOS Nation

I bought this way back when and it was the best calculator I have had. Any one know anything about this app?
    As no one else has replied...

1. I'd expect this app to be available from this site, but I can't check. It says login to download (I'm already logged in, but it used to be that it had to be done again for the app gallery). When I click the link, I get an error. The link is
    Code:
    http://www.webosnation.com/<?=?>
    which doesn't look right to me. Is anyone else seeing this? If so, we should report it to the management (Done). It may mean that no one can download anything from this site.

2. So what about the feed? Seems not: Search: Calculator - webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog (other calculator options here). It's not on the Preware app either.

3. Probably not an issue, but I'd guess 'Calculator' is the name of the system app - a possible conflict (I expect the system name will be different).

Hmmm. My ISP seems to be blocking archive.org for some reason - I guess they don't want my business anymore. So why not try http://www.jmobileapps.com/ in there yourself (circa 2010)? Maybe you will find a contact for the developer. Whois has nothing much - but the domain is valid until 2018.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/21/2017 at 01:33 PM.
    Yes @ 'Preemptive' ~ 'Connection Timed Out'.

Perhaps the old download links were not also updated when the forum format was changed comparatively recently?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips. I found the developer's email address at HP Palm webOS App Support and sent him or her a message. Now I just hope the developer is still around...
    Thanks for the tips. I found the developer's email address at HP Palm webOS App Support and sent him or her a message. Now I just hope the developer is still around...
    I had a look at the public FTP with webOS apps that was posted on PivotCE a while ago. There are a few other apps from this developer but not this one.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Be kind to share the ipk if you get it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I emailed the person but haven't heard back yet...

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    :-( I haven't heard back from the developer. Why doesn't anyone have access to Palm's/HP's app store database???!!!
    :-( I haven't heard back from the developer. Why doesn't anyone have access to Palm's/HP's app store database???!!!
    We pulled everything from HP's catalog we could pull. This one wasn't included :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I logged out of the forums, logged back in, then reloaded the page for this app in the hope it would recognise me as logged in and let me download the app.
    The connection has timed out

The server at developer.palm.com is taking too long to respond.
    So there's the problem. The link is to an app hosted at Palm. I think this site linked to the free apps there until sideloading & WOSQI / Preware became possible.

If no one got that app back then, it's gone and the original developer is your only hope.

UPDATE: It seems I do have RPN Calculator v1.10 by the same author. It looks like a scientific calculator with green buttons, so it's not the same app. RPN is Reverse Polish Notation.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/01/2017 at 09:24 PM.