Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By davodego
  1.    #1  
    Hi

I have a pre2 with 2.2.4. What are my options when it comes to using it as an XMPP client? I am using Ejabberd as my server.

thanks
    You'll want to look at Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Hi

I have a pre2 with 2.2.4. What are my options when it comes to using it as an XMPP client? I am using Ejabberd as my server.

thanks
    you can use xmpp in webOS with synergy. Packeges for the messaging plugins available here: https://github.com/filmor/webos-messaging/Downloads

You have to test which one works with youre Pre2 and your server.
    In my case 0.9.2_gw_yh works with my Pre3 and my veer with 2.2.4. and ejabberd 15.07. For my TouchPad works 0.9.4.

You have to be carefull with the security options on the server. Also certificate issues are possible when you cant connect from the plug-in to the Server.

Another tipp, use 'Name@server.tld/Ressource' as jabber id. Otherwise libpurple will create a random ressource for every line you write.

Daniel

from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    hfGermany and dkirker like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Another tipp, use 'Name@server.tld/Ressource' as jabber id. Otherwise libpurple will create a random ressource for every line you write.
    That is a great tip! I get a sneaking feeling that is part of the reason XMPP seemed so slow? (I am sure there is more. Namely chatthreader.) Anyway, not to derail the conversation. Thanks!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  5.    #5  
    @davodego

The link to the downloads is dead ;(
    @davodego

The link to the downloads is dead ;(
    Try this one:
    https://github.com/filmor/webos-messaging/downloads

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7.    #7  
    @Herrie Thanks for the link. I was able to download them.

I tried the 9.2 ones and I am not getting any success. I can see that the client initiates a connection to the server however the "sign in" process never finalizes, the singing in keeps going and going without an end.

thanks
  8.    #8  
    I also have a account setup menu error

"template load failed: ../emplates/row-list.html"
    Quote Originally Posted by katalonyan View Post
    I also have a account setup menu error

"template load failed: ../emplates/row-list.html"
    I remember that some templates had issues that needed manually fixing. This might be one of them.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I remember that some templates had issues that needed manually fixing. This might be one of them.
    How do I manually fix it?
    @Herrie Thanks for the link. I was able to download them.

I tried the 9.2 ones and I am not getting any success. I can see that the client initiates a connection to the server however the "sign in" process never finalizes, the singing in keeps going and going without an end.

thanks
    The form was never my problem. Jid and pwd is enough.
    Remeber, the most errors came from selfsight certificates or security settings of the server.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe