Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to start a new thread for this issue that just popped up the other day and was mentioned in the Pandora thread. As of Dec 2, the Spotify app for webOS is not working. Error messages and screen shot below. It appears they have made a breaking change, as it is still working on iOS and Android.

It has been reported to @Spotify and @SpotifyCares on Twitter, but feel free to make additional reports so they know how many users are still using Spotify on webOS.

This is the error that shows in the logs. Playlists show, but all songs are grayed unless you happen to have the song in your local media files. If you tap a song in a playlist, it says something like "streaming requires a connection to spotify".

If you remove all Spotify data from settings, it displays the error 102 message on the login screen after you try to log in. If you restart Spotify after that, it appears you are logged in, but it can't download your playlists. I also got a 404 error trying to log in, but only one time.

Code:
    [2015-12-04 05:53:18] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.spotify: Error: Unhandled status message: {"error": 102, "returnValue": true, "type": "unknown", "type_id": 26}, palmInitFramework383:2569
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/03/2015 at 11:59 PM.
    I haven't started using this service, because it will require me to set up playlists on my PC before it's of any use to me on the mobile app.

BUT -

i WILL join in the complaint rally if it helps notify them that WE are out here still, and would appreciate continuing support.

WebOS must stand together! WHO'S WITH US!?!?!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I haven't started using this service, because it will require me to set up playlists on my PC before it's of any use to me on the mobile app.

BUT -

i WILL join in the complaint rally if it helps notify them that WE are out here still, and would appreciate continuing support.

WebOS must stand together! WHO'S WITH US!?!?!
    Click to view quoted image
    You can (could have) created the playlists on the phone.

I will join the complaints
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I wanted to start a new thread for this issue that just popped up the other day and was mentioned in the Pandora thread. As of Dec 2, the Spotify app for webOS is not working. It appears they have made a breaking change, as it is still working on iOS and Android.

It has been reported to @Spotify and @SpotifyCares on Twitter, but feel free to make additional reports so they know how many users are still using Spotify on webOS.
    Can you edit your post to specify the fault?

I assume it's a connection problem. At login? Do playlists display / update? Or is it solely music transport?

Any error messages?

Presumably, local files still play.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Can you edit your post to specify the fault?

I assume it's a connection problem. At login? Do playlists display / update? Or is it solely music transport?

Any error messages?

Presumably, local files still play.
    Sorry about that. I had been sending details back and forth and forgot to post them here. Will post them here in a bit.
    Local files play fine
    Man this is my second go round with spotify. While back all of a sudden Spotify can't connect in my fav desktop browser (olde opera). They were very responsive and suggested many potential causes but in the end was unable to fix it and suggested switching to new opera or chrome, etc.

Really hoping this does not end up in a dead end again

Edit: Seems like they have always had connection issues, Sometimes trying to sync local files fail because it don't recognize internet connection, then after I give up they sync
    Last edited by laingman; 12/04/2015 at 12:01 AM.
  8.    #8  
    This time around, we may not be so lucky. I got the typical "not supported anymore" reply from them today on Twitter:

We're afraid we don't officially support webOS. We'd recommend giving a reinstall a try: https://support.spotify.com/learn-mo...on-of-spotify/, but the app isn't currently optimised for webOS. We'll pass on your feedback regarding this directly to our developers /J
    My reply:
    I'm not surprised to hear that you don't support webOS any more, but you did release a webOS app years ago, and it's a great app (that's malarkey saying it's not currently optimised for webOS - it most definitely is, as it only works on webOS, and until yesterday it worked quite well). It is a shame it was not kept up with new features, but it did the job. The webOS community gave you lots of praise when the app was released, and clamored to have it updated for the Touchpad, which never happened thanks to HP pulling the plug on webOS. There are a number of us still using it that don't want to drop our subscriptions, but that's exactly what will happen if the app or the back end cannot be fixed so that the app works again. Please have the devs or someone representing them contact me directly - I am a dev and would like technical answers, and if I can help keep Spotify alive on webOS, I'll be glad to help.
    Their followup:
    We haven't supported webOS for a few years now, but it seems a change was made meaning webOS no longer functions. Sadly we're not able to revert that change, but we'll pass on internally the fact that we have some users who'd love it to be brought back at some point /A

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    hmmm....

Not looking good then. I guess this is going on the Zombie list, though I wish you luck fixing this.

There is a web player, I can only wonder if the webOS browser is up to it and maybe it would be blocked on mobile (UA spoof..?)
    https://play.spotify.com/browse

I'm using a Linux version of Spotify that could maybe be run on webOS, though of course the desktop UI would be no good, so even if hackable, that would be a lot of work.

I think they might have some forums. I'll have a look. Oh, it needs a login to view - might do that later, but I very much doubt I can fix anything!

Oh, one more idea: Maybe a 'pre-Dec 2' copy of say, the android app can be found and a MiTM examination carried out then compared to the same process on a 'post-Dec 2' version. If there is a change, perhaps it can then be pin pointed and adjusted in the code..?

There is some API and developer stuff...
    https://developer.spotify.com/

Other apps? Firefox? Sailfish? Might offer clues at least.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=Spotify+for+Firefox+OS
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Spotify+fo...t=lm&ia=videos

Actually, my desktop version hasn't updated and works. Of course the mobile apps might connect differently.

Random ideas:
    Could it possibly be a certificate issue?
    If there is a device ID process (there probably is), what if you use an iphone spoof? I kind of think that if they were blocking webOS, they would have done it before now, and as long as the old app works, why annoy users by blocking? If a tech change means losing webOS users, then it's a big shrug to them, but there's no reason to deliberately block.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/04/2015 at 06:10 AM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I am almost certain the person Grabber was communicating with has no idea if a change was made or not. Like I said in another thread, spotify and newsG went down the same day, I wonder if it's a coincidence or both events have something in common.

Anyway, might as well put both on the zombie list
    I used Spotify once a while back, but don't have a premium account so I just uninstalled.

Yesterday I re-installed it just to see what happens and the log-in screen just kept refreshing (rather quickly, I might add). I couldn't even begin to type anything in to the user name/password fields because of it.

- Veer 2.2.4

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Well this is frustrating. I enjoyed using Spotify from time to time and the app looked great on my Pre3. I guess four years is a long time to let an app on a "non-supported" OS continue running for but I can't see what it hurt to let it keep working. I don't imagine it was a change they made this month for other devices more than randomly flipping a switch to disable API access or something.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  13.    #13  
    I've been listening to Spotify a lot on my Go while I work, so this sucks. I prefer the playlist format of Spotify and being able to save albums, artists, etc. If it can't be fixed, I am going to probably cancel my premium subscription and explore my options.
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    I used Spotify once a while back, but don't have a premium account so I just uninstalled.

Yesterday I re-installed it just to see what happens and the log-in screen just kept refreshing (rather quickly, I might add). I couldn't even begin to type anything in to the user name/password fields because of it.

- Veer 2.2.4

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Check the zombie thread for patches to fix that - not that they'll fix the new issue. I think the app was issued for webOS 1x. It's been community updates since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I've been listening to Spotify a lot on my Go while I work, so this sucks. I prefer the playlist format of Spotify and being able to save albums, artists, etc. If it can't be fixed, I am going to probably cancel my premium subscription and explore my options.
    Did you already cancel? Is it something like XM, where you must call to cancel? You may get farther by initiating you cancellation now, in direct response to their recent change as the cause.

Sometimes these companies have retention departments, people more concerned with keeping your paying account active. Standard CS reps only care to clear their hold queue.

If you could reach one of their techs, they may be able to reveal the nature of the change, which, they may not care to make a fix, but our community (aka: YOU) might be able to.

I don't have a premium account to leverage or i would attempt this.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I will cancel before I get billed again. The reason I liked spotify is also the reason I can live without it. I like to listen to only good songs or only songs I like, not really into the pandora and "radio" apps cause if I am playing music I don't want to hear anything I don't like.

So a regular music player will do, And there is youtube in case I want to hear a song that's not on my phone. Spotify is just easier and was one of my most used apps. but I will be saving money

Now newsG, that's a big problem for me. I am not aware of a good substitute, that thing was crazy fast. Maybe someone who knows how will take up the challenge. I believe a google news reader client is doable as the api is probably readily available, unlike spotify.
    Last edited by laingman; 12/04/2015 at 01:47 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Did you already cancel? Is it something like XM, where you must call to cancel? You may get farther by initiating you cancellation now, in direct response to their recent change as the cause.

Sometimes these companies have retention departments, people more concerned with keeping your paying account active. Standard CS reps only care to clear their hold queue.

If you could reach one of their techs, they may be able to reveal the nature of the change, which, they may not care to make a fix, but our community (aka: YOU) might be able to.

I don't have a premium account to leverage or i would attempt this.
    No haven't cancelled yet. They keep saying they'll pass my info to the devs, but I doubt they'll contact me. I discovered that there is an API, but I don't know of it's something capable of solving the problem. It certainly looks like playlist management is possible, along with playing samples, but I haven't looked enough to know if playing full songs is possible.
    Tried to reinstall spotify but like poster above said can't even type in login fieds, and locks up the phone. It has happened before and worked eventualy, but this time seems to be permanent

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Try this one https://app.box.com/s/uh1dm3ohc1tck37ki6zijdmvgcphb69c

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Try this one https://app.box.com/s/uh1dm3ohc1tck37ki6zijdmvgcphb69c

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I can type in this one but unable to login. Error(102) try again
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast