Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
    If someone can provide me with a working APK from Android I can have a look to see if I can figure out at least what the URLS and parameters are they are sending there. Maybe the current app can be patched.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Interestingly, (maybe) I'm running a beta version of the Spotify client on Mint. I think I installed it before the webOS problems were reported and the nature of the install may mean there have been no auto updates - I know on windows, the client would happily auto-update. I've had no problems with it. Perhaps it is a mobile only thing.

Finding differences between the webOS apps and working examples to patch is probably the best approach, but we have a Linux device and a Linux client - of course, it's a desktop UI, but we already have a mobile UI in the original app.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to 'Frankenstein' a desktop Linux program and webOS app UI.

Anyhow, if anyone knows how to find what my setup is sending let me know and I can try to get data / logs.

Update: It seems I have Version 0.9.4.183.g644e24e0 The copyright notice is 2013..? I installed it last year.

http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-spo...ative-systems/
  3.    #43  
    I'll call it, for practical purposes, impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    OK. I was assuming there was a bit of code that dealt with the streaming and searching, then there was the code to present it in the UI. Spotify streaming is very robust (I think I've had a windows machine crash and continue to play music!)

But of course the only stuff that can be patched (because it can be read) is the javascript...

I assume the Spotify client is closed -source. In fact, I think their API only allows stuff around searching, linking and maybe playlisting - Nothing about playing (though I could be wrong). No chance of a LuneTube-style player.

Does webOS TV have a Spotify app?
  5.    #45  
    The code could be useful for reference, but I think it would be impractical to try to use it to b build a new backend, which requires using the hybrid plugin architecture on webOS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Yesterday I tried, if by coincidence, app could work again. I noticed the tracks of the "stared" playlist flickering and I could play one. This makes me believing that it could be a minor issue possible to fix for whoever know how to debug the app. Is there a log file somewhere?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by manu-palmpre View Post
    Yesterday I tried, if by coincidence, app could work again. I noticed the tracks of the "stared" playlist flickering and I could play one. This makes me believing that it could be a minor issue possible to fix for whoever know how to debug the app. Is there a log file somewhere?

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    I managed to play a few songs once and had hopes that it would just fix itself. Never happened and I already changed my data plan since I don't have to account for spotify any more
    Last edited by laingman; 01/10/2016 at 03:37 PM.
    One more interesting experience. I switched to "low quality" for offline sync and went back to the stared list and played one of the tracks I have on my device (not streamed from Spotify). Then it became possible to play most of the spotify tracks of that list, and even simultaneously on my Pre and Touchpad. I guess it is sort of work arround to play tracks I did sync offline when service was available. Still I am convinced issue can be solved...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    kayphoonstar likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123