Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Looks like Spotify is dead on webOS. Anyone tried it in the browser?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    The player url directed me to a 'join spotify' page. Maybe a UA spoof that made it look like a PC would work...
    I tried and it is not supported by webos browser; player not displayed

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Something interesting; via a desktop Spotify App, WebOs devices are identified when started. This means that WebOs App passes the authentication but fails to access data in a later step.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hi folks,
    It could be a more general problem for Spotfy. When looking in their FB-flow I see a lot of people running on different platforms complaining on the same issue.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Could be good news for us...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Good news if there is a general fault! A fix for others may fix it for us.
    Spotify works again

Preemptive likes this.
    What did you test it on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  10.    #30  
    Not working for me on any device. I got a text from laingman saying it wasn't working for him again too.
    What's happening now is sometimes the tracks are available (white) and then gray out before I can even play one. Anyway maybe there is hope

Not working on none of mine either. Checking on iOS and Android no pb...

Nothing happening, everything grayed out. I have been checking constantly before cancel, time to pull the plug its seems.

Thing is if we all cancel how will we know if it starts working again? It don't work on phones without premium subscription right?

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    It don't work on phones without premium subscription right?

Spotify will play local files & I think you can play-list them, but no streaming without premium.

I think this may be different on other platforms - you might get random or radio play for instance.
    The old Spotify app that I had installed in Android doesn't work anymore and I had to install a new Spotify (not an upgrade) app with a slightly different colored icon in order to stream. They've apparently created an entirely new app/security system to log in. Someone smarter than I might be able to check the differences in the login protocol but I'm guessing the old app is going to stay broken on webOS - very sad I didn't set more playlists for offline play before this happened!
    Anyone investigated the free streaming service that comes with an amazon prime subscription?

THIS would be the thing to hack onto webOS. Commercial free, unlimited skips. And part of a service worth paying for. It should crush all music-only subscriptions.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I have Spotify Premium and it too is broken on all my webOS devices. The webOS Spotify app won't retrieve any new playlist and won't stream music. It shows a "Must connect to Spotify to stream error." It will still play local content. Shame to see this one go.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Even before the total collapse a lot of songs were not available for some reason. Any way I can still play music the old fashion way and its not a big deal like youtube would be, and I save the ten dollars. But in general its bad for the platform not to be able to do what smartphones supposed to do
    Same here. All Songs are greyed out and I get the message "Streaming required and active connection to Spotify"
    Will open a Ticket at Spotify, we will see
    I did,

And after some arguing back and forth they concluded that they couldn't reveal the changes they've made and that webOS is an unsupported platform.

//Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    Same here. All Songs are greyed out and I get the message "Streaming required and active connection to Spotify"
    Will open a Ticket at Spotify, we will see
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast