Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree50Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hfGermany View Post
    What would be the gain of that?!? The part of the Internet we have problems with (post 2012/2013) doesn't work without JavaScript and the pages which do work without JSJSJS $also$ $work$ $perfectly$ $with$ $the$ $Browser$ $we$ $have$ $already$. :-/
    But if that's all you're seeking feel free to start your own thread to find someone helping you with this. Perhapes such a patch already exists?
    That's easy, if all one wants to do is mostly read articles (like me) then disable JavaScript and I can have as many browser cards open and never have them reloading all the time. Then when I need JavaScript I turn it on. So a toggle would be nice instead of going to preferences.

I also use a discontinued desktop browser and my default is state is JavaScript off , but I have a button to turn it on when I need it. Pages load way faster without it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  2.    #62  
    Well then you are perfectly fine with what you have now. I'm not. Everything has been moving towards WebApplications, a discipline WebOS was way ahead of its time. A fact that could help WebOS with the miserable lack of apps situation. But we need a Browser capeable of useing the Web of today. So please stop pretending everything would be ok. It we want to keep the small amount of people in this Community from shrinking further, that one goal should be highest priority. Otherwise LuneOS is doomed too, as there is no one waiting outside of this Community for an alternative OS, that lacks most of modern MobileOS features. IMHO if there are no WebOS users left one day, it will be the death of LuneOS. And by users I don't mean people who are collectors and fans like me or developers. We need people just useing the devices and by not giving them the Tools they need, we push them a way and they will never come back! That's why I started this thread and that's why I'm willing to pay a significant amount of money for it!
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Hf has a point. I'm forcing myself to use this Android turd because even if i built another FrankenPre, I'd be stuck with lousy web access and questionable email access. It's just not practical for me to start from scratch. So unhappy about this, because i despise this droid. I haven't wanted to smash a phone like i want to with this GS4, since i destroyed a Nextel i1000 in '03.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Hf has a point. I'm forcing myself to use this Android turd because even if i built another FrankenPre, I'd be stuck with lousy web access and questionable email access. It's just not practical for me to start from scratch. So unhappy about this, because i despise this droid. I haven't wanted to smash a phone like i want to with this GS4, since i destroyed a Nextel i1000 in '03.
    I am surprised to learn that you gave up on the pre and webos. I totally understand tho, I have to carry around two phones because of the browser problem, just in case I need to do something important.

I am now using a pre3 which I never really considered until Grabber suggested it, I really like this phone and will not give it up to use no android phone, its just a better phone-phone to me, and I got some help to get my most favorite phone app patch to work with 2.4 which I will share shortly. Plus I am enjoying the ability to browse and talk at the same time ability to hang up just one call.

As for the browser thing, I am not only only wishing for javascript toggle, but all the browser is good for now is some simple browsing reading some sports and politics and wikipedia. The reality is that since I don't have the ability to fix the browser (or practically anything else) I will wait patiently for some progress and will gladly donate handsomely if and when the time comes.

Another thing that really bothers me is that even when some sites display properly some are still unreadable with the tiny font size and no text wrap functionality. I have the minimum font size 16 patch installed, works on some sites and no effect on others. I have no idea why the manufacturers shy away from implementing test wrap, especially palm with their comparatively small screen size. Maybe its not easy to do but some third party browsers know how to do it.
    Grabber5.0 and KURT B like this.
    After javascript on or off, I posted a third option here: Some web pages not opening up

Maybe it will help. YMMV.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234