Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Anyone knows is there's any weather app still working?
    I've tried all the apps at preware but none of them seems to work...
    Dash Weather or Dash Weather Plus
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    At least for me none of them are working. Dash weather was working since 2-3 months ago, now it won't boot and when launched stays forever with a grey screen and a blinking icon but won't boot anymore. I've reinstalled a couple times but nothing changes...

I'm from Spain, perhaps for any reason it 's not working here.
    Accuweather works with a patch.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Yea. Many thanks!! It works like a charm!
    The weather channel app still works and is my favorite. The actual weather map does not work, but the forecasts and the warnings all work. For the weather map, I have a browser shortcut that opens my town.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    The weather channel app still works and is my favorite. The actual weather map does not work, but the forecasts and the warnings all work. For the weather map, I have a browser shortcut that opens my town.
    correct... the weather channel app works on all my webos devices. unfortunately i do not see it in preware
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I'm using AccuWeather daily on my TPad.

To work on telephone, does it need a patch? I'm unaware. Is this patch available in Preware?

I gave up on TWC when the radar stopped working. Can this be fixed?
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    No, not really. What i did is create a shortcut to my local radar for the web browser. I thought you were the one who listed the link?
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    No, not really. What i did is create a shortcut to my local radar for the web browser. I thought you were the one who listed the link?
    ha i may have. i lost all my bookmarks in the last doctoring. i've been using the android twc app on my tablet instead.

thanks for reminding me. i'll try to reestablish it.
  11.    #11  

To work on telephone, does it need a patch? I'm unaware. Is this patch available in Preware?
    I installed accuweather from a package I found on the net and the patch from the forum. I think that any of them are available in preware.

The patch is attached here:
    [Patch] Accuweather connection fix
    i tried to install the accuweather ipk i have on hand, but apparently it's for Tpad only because the image was huge.

i tried to install the free patch on top of it and it failed. so i don't know what to do here.

also tried some weather.com stuff but it seems ANY weather.com address redirects to their main page with a bunch of blank grey boxes. so they're identifying my browser and locking me out? i tried bookmarking addresses directly to the jpg's of the radar images, but i don't know if those expire with new images.

NO AT LEAST I HAVE WXRAD APP. well that's something.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 10/29/2015 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juanma_1980 View Post
    I installed accuweather from a package I found on the net and the patch from the forum. I think that any of them are available in preware.

The patch is attached here:
    i would like to do this too. does the patch fix the giant resolution? or is it a different ipk for phones?
    i would like to do this too. does the patch fix the giant resolution? or is it a different ipk for phones?
    Phone and Touchpad apps are very different, well beyond resolution.
    The Where App stopped working after the company got acquired and turned off their servers, except for the weather portion which still works. It's from Accuweather and apparently didn't go thru Where's servers. I find its presentation better than using the Accuweather App directly.

BTW, gas prices used to be another useful part of the Where App -- now I use a link to Gas Buddy's mobile site. It works pretty well -- sometimes the GPS option even works and it finds stations near you w/out having to enter your zipcode.

See the Zombie app link below. I'm not saying it's complete, but it's fairly comprehensive on broken apps and fixes thanks to contributors on this forum.

I'm seeing weather radar on my phone with Accuweather. There are different versions for phone and tablet, with a patch for each.
    EDIT: As per mazzinia's comment below, it seems that the TP Accuweather is a different version (Enyo?). I think the icon is different - maybe it's just resized mojo, I don't know but the phone version needed a patch & mazzinia based it on the TP & iphone versions. Logic suggests that if the TP version provided a basis for the patch, then it is in some way, a different version.

Also note this useful link which I'll post here as it's relevant to the subject...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pre...ut-its-ok.html
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/30/2015 at 01:06 PM.
    I fixed the phone version of accuweather, only (paid, and free variants). Didn't know that the touchpad had a different version
    Quote Originally Posted by asafian View Post
    The Where App stopped working after the company got acquired and turned off their servers, except for the weather portion which still works. It's from Accuweather and apparently didn't go thru Where's servers. I find its presentation better than using the Accuweather App directly.

BTW, gas prices used to be another useful part of the Where App -- now I use a link to Gas Buddy's mobile site. It works pretty well -- sometimes the GPS option even works and it finds stations near you w/out having to enter your zipcode.
    I forgot about where and the weather portion of it. Used to use the gas prices a lot while it worked. Before I found it I used gas buddy shortcut. Guess need to go back to it:-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums