Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree51Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vara4111 View Post
    Hello all,

I've been a webOS fanatic since Day 1. My obsession culminated to new heights as senior editor for webOSRoundup. I have owned just about every webOS device out there, save for ONE: the HP Veer.

Call me nuts (you don't have to tell me), but I have a hankering for picking this device up on eBay just to play around with. I've been reading this thread, so let me make sure I have this straight: with some bypassing and some magic on these forums, I should be able to get it up and working?

I have no intention of making the Veer my daily driver... just want to have some fun. Would greatly appreciate the help (where do I even start, for example?!), and would love to interact with the webOS community again.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan
    @creepingmee may still have some Veers for sale...

The links in my signature should also be useful for background reading...

Also, pivotCE is always looking for writers if you ever want to write about webOS again.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/19/2015 at 08:16 AM.
    Hello,

please help me:

- I have PRE 3, WebOS 2.2.4

- I use Grabber certificate, but no resutts, certificate manager broken, I must installed certificates manually

- I use RootCertUpdate
    - I delete (with InternalzPro) certificates gmail1, gmail2, gmail3 and 2 other ćertificates (***imap, ***smtp, previously added manually

Now I have often problems with browser (error 2028, 2035 or very slow), with Preware (very slow or no updated feeds).

The last mail in my Gmail application is from 28. oct 2015

The Gmail in web is function sometimes...

All internet aplications are slow or not function...

Please can you help me?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richarddo View Post
    Hello,

please help me:

- I have PRE 3, WebOS 2.2.4

- I use Grabber certificate, but no resutts, certificate manager broken, I must installed certificates manually

- I use RootCertUpdate
    - I delete (with InternalzPro) certificates gmail1, gmail2, gmail3 and 2 other ćertificates (***imap, ***smtp, previously added manually

Now I have often problems with browser (error 2028, 2035 or very slow), with Preware (very slow or no updated feeds).

The last mail in my Gmail application is from 28. oct 2015

The Gmail in web is function sometimes...

All internet aplications are slow or not function...

Please can you help me?
    Are those the only modifications you tried? They should not affect your browser. Did you install any other patches or apps?

You can reset the certificate manager using internalz Pro. Delete these 2 files and reboot your phone:

/var/ssl/index.txt
    /var/ssl/serial

I don't know if that will help your browser or other internet problems. But it will let the cert grabber app work. Are you sure you are not having network problems?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Are those the only modifications you tried? They should not affect your browser. Did you install any other patches or apps?

You can reset the certificate manager using internalz Pro. Delete these 2 files and reboot your phone:

/var/ssl/index.txt
    /var/ssl/serial

I don't know if that will help your browser or other internet problems. But it will let the cert grabber app work. Are you sure you are not having network problems?
    Thank you very much.

Answers:
    1) I only work with Grabber certificate, Root cert update and delete old certs with Internalz Pro. I do not install apps or patches

Network problems I think I have not

I can write here installed programs and patches

2) Now I delete the 2 files you wrote

3) The application Gmail still not worked ("Requested encryption....")

4) I try install and launch Grabber certificate again:
    "Done.
    Curent certificates:
    none found."

Launch Certificate manager:
    "Your certificatef list is empty."

Launch RootCertsUpdate:
    - nothing-

What I can try now?

Richard
    You don't state that you rebooted. Did you do that?

/var/ssl/index.txt
    /var/ssl/serial
    You need to patch for secure transport or use C+DAV I think. See the service pack link.
    frantid likes this.
  6.    #46  
    @Richarddo did you restart your phone? As Preemptive states that's a requirement.

Which certs did you delete with Internalz Pro? You didn't mess with the /var/ssl/trustedcerts directory did you?

edit: I will PM you my email address you can send me your message files:

/var/log/messages
    /var/log/messages.0.gz
    /var/log/messages.1.gz
    /var/log/messages.2.gz
    /var/log/messages.3.gz
    Last edited by frantid; 11/28/2015 at 08:53 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Hello,

- yes, I rebooted
    - it is possible temporary network problem, it is better now (internet)

- I deleted previously manually installed certificates (gmail1, gmail2, gmail3 - certificate manager broken) and certificates googleimap (google error: requested encryption not supported by server) and one more (installed probably by GrabberCertificate - name contains "smtp"???)

= I deleted 5 certificates (what was visible in Certificate manager)

- the Gmail function always some time with these certificates

- next I use UpdateRootCerts (not helpful), and I decided to delete old certificates (root cert updater app)

I do not understand: "You need to patch for secure transport or use C+DAV I think. See the service pack link."

-???the patch I can install with Preware???

You didn't mess with the /var/ssl/trustedcerts directory did you?
    - I think, I nothing next deleted

The files I will send to frantid email

Thanks a very
  8.    #48  
    Richarddo was able to resolve his problem with cert grabber 5.5
    How I can install ? I have dealt with Webos Quick Install and do not see it anywhere on the device.
    It affects the C + DAV App ?

Thanks in advance.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Razeta View Post
    How I can install ? I have dealt with Webos Quick Install and do not see it anywhere on the device.
    It affects the C + DAV App ?

Thanks in advance.
    It should be listed on the webosnation feed. There is nothing to run once it is installed. It does itīs thing on install only.

Hello, two days ago I decided to correct the deficiencies of my Pre2 . After the closing of the HP web services, without finding out such closing , I made a doctor to my Pre and I lost all the information. I have come since then gradually correcting this and two days ago I worked hard trying to make ready the Pre and I found it very useful this thread. The pre2 is again working well : calendar, contacts and email synchronized perfectly .
    An apology for my bad English .
    Thank you very much to all.
    Preemptive, frantid and Mutoidi like this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123