1.    #1  
    Hi.
    Looking for another IM option, just in case that Google closes gtalk suddenly, yesterday I tried to login on a ICQ account.
    My first attempt was with the messaging patch with no luck. Then I tryed IM+ with no luck again. After those attempts I began to surf the web and finally readed that ICQ has login problems with passwords that are more than 8 characters (well, really old clients have the problem). Logged in through the PC, changed the password for one "lesser equal" than 8 chars and tried again to login...
    And now I'm on ICQ with my Pre3 but I've no buddies so I can't know if it's working right or no but is good to know that there're more options.

If any of you have one account and want to try it'll be great to confirm that ICQ is working right.
    Well I'd like to activate account icq, I changed it to 8 character password, but I not get autenticaione. To access Gtalk I have patch Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch I enclose a picture of the settings for ICQ keep trying anyway :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How do you add this? I see AIM, Google, Skype, Yahoo & 'Find more' (in the App catalog!)
    There isn't a generic option - I guess there's no such thing for IM.

EDIT: Ah, I see Luigi's post, so it's AIM!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    Well I'd like to activate account icq, I changed it to 8 character password, but I not get autenticaione.
    There're 2 messaging patches. The one I'm using is "org.webosinternals.messaging_3.0.6_armv7.ipk" and there's another whith version number 0.95 (I think, I don't remember now).
    With the second one I can't autenticate in any service. With the first I could login into gtalk and ICQ (I havn't tested the others).

The patch:
    Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)

p.s. I don't know how to take a screenshot on my pre... but I've the ICQ account listed on the messaging app so theorically is working

OK, here is the screenshot:
    Last edited by juanma_1980; 10/27/2015 at 11:34 AM.
    I do not know try to have several alternatives for messaging, I aim, Gtalk, Skype but nor I add icq
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    I do not know try to have several alternatives for messaging, I aim, Gtalk, Skype but nor I add icq
    I think that you've the "other messaging patch" installed. Donwload the one I linked below and try whit it. The icons are more "reallistic" in the patch I say. In the other the icons are with "more plain colors"

p.s. I've both patches installed, I'm unable to uninstall the wrong one but doesn't matter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by juanma_1980 View Post
    I think that you've the "other messaging patch" installed. Donwload the one I linked below and try whit it. The icons are more "reallistic" in the patch I say. In the other the icons are with "more plain colors"

p.s. I've both patches installed, I'm unable to uninstall the wrong one but doesn't matter at all.
    I can not find the link working
    well i installed plugin "org.webosinternals.messaging 3.0.6_armv7.ipk" problem is that does not appear the login button
  9.    #9  
    Uo uo, sorry. I forgot to mention the fix:
    You must edit the file /usr/palm/applicatons/org.webosinternals.messaging/app/views/wizard/wizard-scene.html (I used the text editor from internalz) and add a missing ">" on line 79.
    It reads
    <div id="xfire-version" x-mojo-element="TextField"></div

And should read:
    <div id="xfire-version" x-mojo-element="TextField"></div>

Sorry for the inconvenience

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    You must edit the file /usr/palm/applicatons/org.webosinternals.messaging/app/views/wizard/wizard-scene.html (I used the text editor from internalz) and add a missing ">" on line 79.
    It reads

And should read:

ok thanks I'll try to do it
    It reads

And should read:

I have to follow this link?

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...st3259452.html
  12.    #12  
    Yes, I've the instructions on a txt so I did'nt search the original post. It's really easy, only add the ">" at the end of the line and you're ready.

If you can confirm that ICQ works it'll be great (I've no buddys so I don't now if it works right)
    I active ICQ account, but I think is not working In synergy messaging not present and even though I activated im+ does not work
  14.    #14  
    Hi.
    I've added my icq account to one of my contacts (IM field of the contact's data) and on messaging app I see it as offline and I can select "ICQ" from list but messages don't delivery, it shows ever an error.
    On "accounts" I select the ICQ account but I'm unable to login.

There'll a problem, if I can I'll make some more tries through the day. Perhaps it's malfunctioning or perhaps it doesn't work at all.

EDIT

I've been trying whith distinct ports/servers/tls combinations and no one seems to connect. The account is enabled but when you try to login at the moment pops a message saying "unable to connect to server". I suspect that there's a bug or something because the error messange shows instantly. IMHO it's not attempting to connect to any server, the error must be before the connection attempt. If I've time I'll take a look to the sources (if I could find them, of course).

When I try to connect I can see errors in lumberjack (see attachment)
    Last edited by juanma_1980; 10/29/2015 at 07:26 AM.