Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Hi, does anyone have the download link of the A-Browser QML (test) app? the link seems to be broken.

    Thanks!!
  2. #2  
    A-Browser Qt (test) - Preware Catalog

    Are you planning to do something with Qt? Or just want to test the browser?
  3.    #3  
    just test the browser. because the webos browser hase some problems with crypto and cant login at web.telegram. when i tryed the qt browser it works so i wanted to try the QML.
  4. #4  
    I tried it a while back on a phone. It's fast and stable, but the UI seems to be a simple desktop type - not very easy to use on a small screen. Maybe it would be better on the TP, but then if you're using that, you could add Android or LuneOS... (and LuneOS has a Telegram app)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I tried it a while back on a phone. It's fast and stable, but the UI seems to be a simple desktop type - not very easy to use on a small screen. Maybe it would be better on the TP, but then if you're using that, you could add Android or LuneOS... (and LuneOS has a Telegram app)
    I recall it lacks symbol key support so it wasn't very useful. The layout is indeed desktop. That's why I said, if someone could get the newer QT building on legacy webOS, backporting the LuneOS browser shouldn't be too hard!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I recall it lacks symbol key support so it wasn't very useful. The layout is indeed desktop. That's why I said, if someone could get the newer QT building on legacy webOS, backporting the LuneOS browser shouldn't be too hard!
    I think someone tried that, but the issue was free space to install QT. D:
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I think someone tried that, but the issue was free space to install QT. D:
    You don't need a full fledged QT install. A-Browser packages in a binary package that has everything on board. I was able to get that working based on the instruction on Ports wiki with 4.6 or 4.8 QT but not with newer. My knowledge of linkers, compilers etc is very limited so that's probably the reason
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  8. #8  
    I meant to add this earlier: I read an article on Qt and apparently 'modularity' was introduced with Qt5, so perhaps it will be possible to port a stripped down version with only the needed parts?

Similar Threads

  1. Broken link
    By cornbread in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07/09/2011, 09:22 AM
  2. How to open a browser link in a new browser Card
    By FJKB in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06/27/2009, 11:02 AM
  3. A broken link and a broken function
    By chriz in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/16/2005, 09:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions