1.    #1  
    Had to completely resurrect my TP recently. Have everything back - even my gmail, calendar and contacts. However, the App Catalog is not working. (I know it is no longer HP supported.) My App Catalog now has a big wheel spinning in the center as if loading, with the "select a country" page grayed in the background.

Since many apps in the webOS Nation Apps Gallery take my TP directory to a non-functional App Catalog, I'd like to know if there is either a way to bypass the "select a country" spinning wheel OR if there is a way to download apps (AccuWeather is an example) without using the App Catalog?

New to posting but have been a reader here and had TP since 2011. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kward46 View Post
    Had to completely resurrect my TP recently. Have everything back - even my gmail, calendar and contacts. However, the App Catalog is not working. (I know it is no longer HP supported.) My App Catalog now has a big wheel spinning in the center as if loading, with the "select a country" page grayed in the background.

Since many apps in the webOS Nation Apps Gallery take my TP directory to a non-functional App Catalog, I'd like to know if there is either a way to bypass the "select a country" spinning wheel OR if there is a way to download apps (AccuWeather is an example) without using the App Catalog?

New to posting but have been a reader here and had TP since 2011. Thanks
    The HP App Catalog is gone forever. The ones from the App Gallery here you can find in Preware or download the IPK file from the site here and install it using WebOS Quick Install. (WOSQI).
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

You don't say if you've reset. If you followed the instructions on this forum for backing up your apps, you can reinstall with Preware. If you've simply 'woken' your TP, There are ways to back up:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

You could join efforts to recover former catalog apps if you want.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

You don't say if you've reset. If you followed the instructions on this forum for backing up your apps, you can reinstall with Preware. If you've simply 'woken' your TP, There are ways to back up:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

You could join efforts to recover former catalog apps if you want.
    I will be doing some kind of backup now... everything was wiped but don't want to have to reconstruct everything ever again. I hadn't backed up anything previously... not very smart of me!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The HP App Catalog is gone forever. The ones from the App Gallery here you can find in Preware or download the IPK file from the site here and install it using WebOS Quick Install. (WOSQI).
    It hadn't occurred to me to download the IPK file and use WOSQI. Sometimes it is so easy to miss the obvious!