Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3443509
    Interestingly, even though only 1 person made a paypal donation for the webOS version, that single donation is more than I made from all those BB10 users ;-)
    But where is the donation link? You might get more money if it was a bit more obvious.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I did put a note in the first post of this thread.

Note: I'm not trying to guilt people into paying, I just thought it was an interesting point :-)
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Oh, right. Was looking for a button.

I'm of the opinion that all developers should offer at least a voluntary payment option. At the moment, all webOS / LuneOS developers (who are left!) are doing it for fun, a challenge or due to their enthusiasm for the OS. The income isn't going to buy much more than a few doughnuts, but the occasional reward and feedback that a donation represents probably encourages devs to make bug fixes or updates from time to time. This keeps the platform useful for users and maybe eventually there are enough users for devs to get something resembling an income or to justify a catalogue for paid apps.

A small or part time income from a niche OS with an enthusiastic community might actually be more likely than being lost in the vastness of the Android / iOS catalogues, so that might be enough for a webOS / LuneOS eco-system to be maintained into the future. (ever the optimist! )
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the in-app stats. Like it, because it saves time not having to go to the online stats. Some feedback ;-) :
    - I compare the in-app stats with the server stat's page it shows the same results for global stats/hall of fame. As expected.
    - when i compare the stats (in-app) and records (server) for poehoes that is also the same (just checkin')

- but my stats say my longest word is 'oppressed', but the global stats state Christina played that word! (I'm sorry but i don't know who actually played it (but i think it is Christina indeed.))

also check post #77. may be related....
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I'll check the database.

Of course, it might be that you both played it, but she got there first...
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    And regarding the remark made by pivotce about a donation button. I do agree this is difficult for potential donators. Maybe you should make something like a Donate-button: ComicShelf HD: Now in the App Catalog!

Or the Donate button in the post from Grabber5.0 below this post....
    Last edited by poehoes; 11/20/2015 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Button from Grabber is closer by....
    I've been enjoying this game (aside from always losing!) If I could make one suggestion, it would to display the total score for completed games in the app. Unless I missed it, it only displays the scores for the individual rounds. I hope everyone is enjoying beating me.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Hmm.. well the total score is not usually relevant.

The vs. games are "best of 3", so as long as you won 2 of the rounds, you won the game.

The only time the total score is taken into consideration is if you drew (e.g. won 1 round, drew 1 round, lost 1 round, which has happened very occasionally). Then the winner is decided by total score.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    Hmm.. well the total score is not usually relevant.

The vs. games are "best of 3", so as long as you won 2 of the rounds, you won the game.

The only time the total score is taken into consideration is if you drew (e.g. won 1 round, drew 1 round, lost 1 round, which has happened very occasionally). Then the winner is decided by total score.
    Oh, I figured the winner was by total score.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    - but my stats say my longest word is 'oppressed', but the global stats state Christina played that word! (I'm sorry but i don't know who actually played it (but i think it is Christina indeed.))
    "OPPRESSED" was played by Cristina in game 1312, poehoes in game 1528 and Victoria in game 2323.

So Cristina is credited with the record because she was the first player to get a 9 letter word.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    "OPPRESSED" was played by Cristina in game 1312, poehoes in game 1528 and Victoria in game 2323.

So Cristina is credited with the record because she was the first player to get a 9 letter word.
    Cool! I didn't think of this possibility.

So Oppressed is definitely a winner-word
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    This truly is a nice pastime. Like the game a lot. Unfortunately, the connection to the server is not very reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    This truly is a nice pastime. Like the game a lot. Unfortunately, the connection to the server is not very reliable.
    Yes, I notice this too, but logging in is fine and while a game is sometimes slow to start, it's not a big problem. But what happens a lot is completing a round, then the app reports problems connecting to server and trying and failing to connect to server in a cycle that sometime causes me to dismiss the app. I doubt it's my connection - especially as this tends to happen at a particular point in the game.

@kulf: I haven't had a lot of sleep lately, so that's definitely the reason you totally thrashed me recently.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I'm aware of the issue (and see it too), but haven't managed to fix it yet.

Rest assured that it is an issue I want to fix.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Enjoy the game and would like to play against someone here, but only poehoes comes up when I select to play against a random player, and they haven't completed the game I started against them. Anyone out there ready to compete? My game name is the same as my webosnation one, eTreo.
    OK, I stepped into that one! Clearly there are some very accomplished players out there who proceeded to trounce me. Well played mazzania and rich_the_VII, well played. I'm definitely going to have to bring my game up!

Thanks for the challenge!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    OK, I stepped into that one! Clearly there are some very accomplished players out there who proceeded to trounce me. Well played mazzania and rich_the_VII, well played. I'm definitely going to have to bring my game up!

Thanks for the challenge!!
    Games like Gridword (Ruzzle is pretty popular I think) do a good job of making me feel stupid. Perhaps we would be a good match.

Edit: wow, reading that it looks like I'm calling you stupid! I'm totally not doing that! I just meant I also find myself outmatched in games like this. When we play Boggle, my oldest daughter kicks everyone's ****.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/21/2015 at 11:49 PM.
    From the two games we played, we do appear to be fairly closely matched. Except for the fact that you beat me both times!!

Not offended though. Thanks for the fun!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Yeah that one game was quite a comeback. I was sure I was going to lose.
    I have been enjoying the game. I would donate if I could find the donation link. I looked at the beginning of the thread I have haven't found it.

I agree with Preemptive, I have not problem with donations. Anything to keep the developers, who are hobbyists, making new apps and programs for WebOS.
    Xeron likes this.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast