Since the first publishing this app has had some major changes. Please read the description on the app gallery.
here is another app I'm already using for a year now as a great fan of german "Bundesliga" (soccer). Hockey or other sport events with goals or points are possible, too. I don't think a translation of this app is necessary because it fetches data of a german sports website, so I think only german webOS users might use this. If there are international users interested in this app, just leave a note
The app runs in background in the notification area and fetches match results from internet (ARD Live-Ticker) regularly all 60 seconds. At the beginning and end of a match there is vibration and a whistle sound. If the match result changes there is vibration and a goal call. You can view all events on the lock screen without having to unlock your device.
TorAlarm will prevent your device from sleeping. If you forget to close the app after the match by wiping the notification out of the screen your battery will be empty some time earlier than you are used to it.
But TorAlarm doesn't seem to use much resources. I really never had any problems even when running this app for five hours (three matches in a row).
Details (see pictures below)
- The app starts with a notification symbol and an empty stage (toralarm01.png)
- Tap on the symbol. Then tap on the little gear on the right to open the settings stage (toralarm02.png)
- Edit the tid-value and insert the tid of the ticker you like to watch (toralarm03.png). You can get it by looking into the URL of your browser when you open an event listed on Tickervorschau - Live - sportschau.de. For example if you like to follow the U21-European Championship between Germany and Portugal this saturday you have to insert 2589.
There are some additional input fields which were intended to make this app really flexible for multiple services but this was too difficult for me. Please leave the other fields as they are. You might change the field with the update interval of 60 seconds to another value you like. but 60 seems a good value for me.
- After storing the settings the app will completely close and you have to start it again. Wait for about two update intervals until all values are loaded. After this you can tap on the notification area and look for match results. On the left side you can tap on the triangle to tap through all the matches of the ticker you're following (on "Bundesliga" you might have 9 matches running at the same time).
If the match has not begun yet, you will see no result at the right side (toralarm04.png)
- If the match is already over you will see a result in white colour (toralarm05.png)
- If a match is running at the moment you will see a result in orange colour (toralarm06.png)
- You can see all results on the lock screen without unlocking the device (toralarm07.png)
- If a goal is scored you will have a notification at the lock-screen for 60 seconds (toralarm08.png) - depending of the update interval you have set in the settings scene.
- If you tap on the world icon in the notification area the website of the ticker is loaded so you can read further information (toralarm09.png)
On phones you can wipe the empty stage out of the screen without problems (toralarm01.png). If you do this on a TouchPad it will probably cause a luna reboot. To prevent this tap on the gear icon in the notification area and press the red button (Abbrechen / Cancel). This will close the stage without a reboot.
Tapping on the little triangle at the lock screen to skip through all running matches isn't always successful. Sometimes you have to tap several times until it works.
I have no idea how to solve both problems (Problem with Mojo-App without stage)