Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #21  
    Ok, 1.3.1 is uploaded into the app gallery. I hope everything is working well this time
    Soory, but no. Same status.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Just loading ticker.
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/c...or-donezk.html

4.    #24  
    I'm getting a little confused now. You are using a Pre3?

I took my Pre3 installed v1.3.1 from Preware and inserted your URL - did work on my device.

Can you please check the app-version in the menu of the settings-stage (About Goooal...).

But I had an issue that didn't happen to me before on my regular devices:
    When opening the settings-stage a second time, the refreshing interval was set to "unkn" instead of 60. This happened only once but prevented the ticker to load.
    Please check this value, too.
    Sure have a PRE3, v2.2.4. The version says 1.3.1 and the value 60sec.
    /Dennis

6.    #26  
    Hi,
    maybe there is not much I can do at the moment ...

So far I know that kicker.de is delivering different html-code for different devices so it is hard to tell the app where to find the important information.
    It is possible that there may be delivered different content for different countries. If this is the case it is very difficult for me to find the error since I have no chance at the moment to see the same content you're getting.
    This morning I had an idea of implementing a "Support"-button to send an e-mail with the important parameters and responses out of the app to me. This would make further development much easier for me, too.
    Unfortunately this may take about another three weeks for me to implement.

Is there anybody outside of germany using this app with kicker.de successful at the moment?
  7.    #27  
    New version available (1.3.2)
    I found a major bug in displaying results in the notification bar (don't know why I didn't see this in the last testing period).
    There's a new help button in the settings stage which can be used to send an email for better analytics if there are problems with this app.
    If help is needed the ticker has to be loaded once to get the complete html response into the email, so I can check for the reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Preemptive likes this.
  8.    #28  
    New public version 1.3.4
    I'm only using sportschau.de so I didn't notice that kicker.de wasn't working any more for probably several weeks. The new kicker-desktop-site isn't designed that way that my app could use it. The mobile version is perfect. So for the TouchPad I finally gave up - I believe that I'm the only regular user of my app anyway

This means:
    You can use my app with sportschau.de and kicker.de on all phones
    You can use my app only with sportschau.de on the TouchPad.
    Preemptive likes this.
  9.    #29  
    New public version 1.4.0

1. It is possible to use Speech Dispatcher v0.7.1-14 so that after the notification (whistle or goal-call) the event is read by the speech dispatcher. This is very useful if you are in a situation where you can't have a look on your device to see what happened (e.g. driving in your car or on your bike). I haven't managed it to install a working Speech Dispatcher v0.7.1-14 on a Touchpad so far so this option is diabled on the Touchpad.
      Speech dispatcher will try to read the events in german on german devices and in english on devices of other countries. Sometimes that may not sound like expected because kicker.de and sportschau.de deliver german names, so for example it will try to read "Frankreich" (France) the english way on english devices. On the other hand it will read "Wales" the german way on german devices.
      But hey - most important is that you know what happened
    2. If you have a localization other than german you will get a "Goal" call instead of a "Tor" call which may be the right word in many countries.
    3. You may now insert your favorite team in the settings page. If the opponent of your team scores there will be a "Boo" call - thanks Preemptive
    4. There was a bug so far that the whiste-sound was always followed by the notification sound. After I made this sound 0.3 seconds longer the additional notification is gone now.

I would recommend to uninstall the old version before installing the new version.

If you're interested in a version in other languages or with a international sports site then have a look into /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/de.schdefoon.toooor/resources/de_de/strings.json (these strings have to be translated) and feel free to contact me with a site suggestion.
    I won't promise to implement something but I will at least have a look if it's easily possible to add it.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thank you for your effort in developing for webOS.
    Although one could prefer a more "easy to use" app, you explained it perfectly.
    Two things though:

1.- How do I put my "favorite team"? I mean, what do I do, write its name?

2.- Is it possible to have more than 1 match going? It would be so great to have a list of games one could be interested in.

Oh! And where can I find the "Speech Dispatcher" v0.7.14-1? I only see the v0.7.1-11 on Preware.

Again, thank you VERY MUCH!

Last edited by ajguns; 09/24/2016 at 12:44 AM.
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Although one could prefer a more "easy to use" app
    This is depending on the webservices I'm using at the moment. If there would be an "easy" way to autogenerate the ticker-url then it would be possible for me to make this easier. At the moment this is too complicated and time-consuming for me to improve getting the url automatically.
    I know this is a main problem of my app

How do I put my "favorite team"? I mean, what do I do, write its name?
    You have to insert a unique part of the string of the team's name as it will be delivered in the match (or matches) you have selected. So for example: If you like "Manchester United" you would insert United. Because of Manchester City you should not use Manchester. If your ticker only delivers "MenU" then use MenU.

Is it possible to have more than 1 match going? It would be so great to have a list of games one could be interested in.
    Yes, this is possible. That is the way I like to use this app, too
    I'm living in germany, so I can use the sportschau-ticker. There will be five matches at the same time at 3:30 pm (MESZ) and I will be informed of all major events of all five matches.
    If there are tickers of more than one match on one site, then you will be notified of events of all matches on this site.

As noted in my posting before I might add additional tickers of other countries. So you may suggest me a ticker you would like to be notified. Of course there a technical restrictions: All necessary data must be delivered in the html source of the ticker (goals, breaks, game end, game start). I can't use flash tickers.

Feel free to post me a url of the ticker you like to use. In addition I will need a url of a "start-page" where I can select the url (this is the page that is opening when tapping on "get ticker id").
    If it fits to my system then I may integrate it
    Of course a really big international site with many conference tickers of many international leagues would be perfect.
    kicker.de is not bad, but I didn't find conference tickers yet and the standings of other sport events e.g. like NHL and NFL are not delivered on the mobile pages that are delivered for webOS phones...

And where can I find the "Speech Dispatcher" v0.7.14-1
    I don't really know what might happen if you do something wrong, so please read this really very carefully. If you agree, you will find it in http://testing.preware.net/alpha/apps/ armv6 or armv7 depending on the device you're using.
    You see, this feature is a little bit risky. I had no problems so far - but I can't give informations why speech dispatcher v0.7.14-1 never made it's way to a stable release...
    Last edited by Nafetz; 09/24/2016 at 03:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    This is depending on the webservices I'm using at the moment. If there would be an "easy" way to autogenerate the ticker-url then it would be possible for me to make this easier. At the moment this is too complicated and time-consuming for me to improve getting the url automatically.
    I know this is a main problem of my app
    First of all, let me be clear on one thing... Your app is AWESOME! And you effort greatly appreciated.
    Second off all, I don't know why but I have a feeling that you think your taking to a "tech-savy" guy. Not the case, sorry to say XD

You have to insert a unique part of the string of the team's name as it will be delivered in the match (or matches) you have selected. So for example: If you like "Manchester United" you would insert United. Because of Manchester City you should not use Manchester. If your ticker only delivers "MenU" then use MenU.
    What if I want to fallow Real Madrid? There are a lot of clubs with the "Real" distinction and also Atlético of "Madrid". Normally its name is resumed to RMD, but I really don't know if that'll work with your app.

Yes, this is possible. That is the way I like to use this app, too
    I'm living in germany, so I can use the sportscha u-ticker. There will be five matches at the same time at 3:30 pm (MESZ) and I will be informed of all major events of all five matches.
    If there are tickers of more than one match on one site, then you will be notified of events of all matches on this site.

As noted in my posting before I might add additional tickers of other countries. So you may suggest me a ticker you would like to be notified. Of course there a technical restrictions: All necessary data must be delivered in the html source of the ticker (goals, breaks, game end, game start). I can't use flash tickers.

Feel free to post me a url of the ticker you like to use. In addition I will need a url of a "start-page" where I can select the url (this is the page that is opening when tapping on "get ticker id").
    If it fits to my system then I may integrate it
    Of course a really big international site with many conference tickers of many international leagues would be perfect.
    kicker.de is not bad, but I didn't find conference tickers yet and the standings of other sport events e.g. like NHL and NFL are not delivered on the mobile pages that are delivered for webOS phones...
    So, the web page (Ticker) defines the sports events that one would be notified of? You are notified for all events at certain time or you "select" which ones you want to follow up?
    Would it be possible for you to allow one to insert several "LiveTicker ID"?
    If it was possible to "select" and "save", being the app able to add them to a list of matches/events to follow, I think it wouldn't be necessary to search for another webpage/Tickers. With the one you already have (Kicker.de) would be fine. One would only have to go on "selecting" sports matches/events and "saving" them.
    And maybe change the "Save" green button for a "Enjoy" or "Finish" or something alike to execute the follows.

I don't really know what might happen if you do something wrong, so please read this really very carefully. If you agree, you will find it in http://testing.preware.net/alpha/apps/ armv6 or armv7 depending on the device you're using.
    You see, this feature is a little bit risky. I had no problems so far - but I can't give informations why speech dispatcher v0.7.14-1 never made it's way to a stable release...
    Well, better yet... Can you make it work with the one available in Preware?
    As I already made it clear before...no "tech-savy" here

Hope I was able to explain myself.

ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
  13.    #33  
    Thank you very much - I'm glad you like the app

What if I want to fallow Real Madrid? There are a lot of clubs with the "Real" distinction and also Atlético of "Madrid". Normally its name is resumed to RMD, but I really don't know if that'll work with your app.
    I just checked the way Real Madrid is delivered from kicker.de to my app. In my opinion the correct substring to mark Real Madrid as your favourite team is indeed: Real Madrid

So, the web page (Ticker) defines the sports events that one would be notified of? You are notified for all events at certain time or you "select" which ones you want to follow up?
    I'l try to explain
    Let's take the example from yesterday: 5. Spieltag - Ticker - sportschau.de
    When you have Javascript disabled you will see that there are nine matches in a list at the end of the page. My app will recognize that there are nine matches on this page because of defined markers. Now the app will check every minute if there is a change in the game stats of these nine matches. At this moment 3 pm (MESZ) seven of these nine matches are over yet and are marked as finished in my app. In the following 3 hours I will get notified of goals that are scored in the left two matches. If all nine matches would be at the same time I would be notified of events of all matches.
    So my app notifies of all matches that are listed at one ticker site.

Kicker.de has only one match on a ticker site so you get notifications of one match.

Would it be possible for you to allow one to insert several "LiveTicker ID"?
    If it was possible to "select" and "save", being the app able to add them to a list of matches/events to follow, I think it wouldn't be necessary to search for another webpage/Tickers. With the one you already have (Kicker.de) would be fine. One would only have to go on "selecting" sports matches/events and "saving" them.
    And maybe change the "Save" green button for a "Enjoy" or "Finish" or something alike to execute the follows.
    I think this could be possible but I don't know yet how hard it would be to implement without beginning from scratch. I like the idea but I have to think about it and wait if I will get some time and inspiration how to implement this.

Well, better yet... Can you make it work with the one available in Preware?
    No I can't - I'm sorry. I'm using the Javascript service that was implemented starting with version 0.7.1-14. There were some promising hints when I had a discussion in the forums here but I couldn't make things easier than they are now.
    The Goooal-app is of course also working without SpeechDispatcher 0.7.1-14 but then you only get a Goal sound and have to look on your screen to see who scored
    I hope is not that hard to implement.

Also, do not know what a good "Ticker" would be, but here's one football web page I use.
    http://www.livescore.com/

For other sports, would big Sport Sites like ESPN or FOX Sports or AS.com work?

Last edited by ajguns; 09/27/2016 at 01:13 PM.
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
  15.    #35  
    livescore.com and livescores.com look very good. I only found one disadvantage in one match where penalty shooting is not in the final result: So you won't get a notification of the penalty shooting...

Hockey and Basketball should work too.

And I have new ideas for kicker.de

Motivation and inspiration are here at the moment - but I will need time
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    And I have new ideas for kicker.de

Motivation and inspiration are here at the moment - but I will need time
    I can only send you all my good vibes and wish you success!

Thank you for your effort!

ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    gameshacker likes this.
  17.    #37  
    The Goooal app 1.4.0 isn't working on sportschau.de any more, so I made a new version 1.4.1 to fix it.
    Seems like it isn't possible to upload the file to webosnation.com. In the app store I get a HTTP error occured every time. And in the forums the file is too big (Limitation is 1 MB, I have 1,5 MB).
    So if anybody needs the new file I would send an email at the moment.
    It could be possible to use the pivotCE Preware Feed, but there's a hint:
    I have not and will not have submitted this package in another Preware Feed (e.g. webOS Nation App Gallery). It causes issues if packages are in multiple feeds!
    So I didn't...

BTW:
    I'm working on a completely new version. Below are screenshots of the current standings. It still may take some months to get ready :-)
    Goooal1.pngGoooal2.png
    Last edited by Nafetz; 11/20/2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Another try to upload - still no success
    gazaud and gameshacker like this.
    Hello,

Many Thanks for this app!

You write that you've a new Version wich you can send per Email?

I'm very Interested in this. How can I get this?

Gameshacker
  19.    #39  
    Still not possible to upload the update to the app gallery ...
    You may get it from my webspace: https://blog.schdefoon.de/wp-content...1_all.ipk_.zip
    Checksums are 11a95506d77dcb5fe126f55c80294b8e (md5) or b4c8e026c26e1894d2e545b8d65154aedc1f6246 (sha1)

As written above:
    Version 1.4.0 is still fine if you're using kicker.de as service. If you're using sportschau.de you will need version 1.4.1
    gazaud likes this.
  20.    #40  
    Hi,
    spent some additional evenings to get ready with the new version before end of european soccer season. Last weekend I finally got ready and tested the recent days.
    I decided to rename the app into Goooal 2 so it is possible to use it together with Goooal on a device. If you still want to use sportschau or kicker then the "old" Goooal app is the only way to do this.
    The new app and a documentation is submitted to the PivotCE Feed so I hope it is available soon.

What's new:
    • No need to search for a ticker url any more. Select a provider out of a list and tap on the matches you like
    • Events and results will be shown as marquee text. No need to tap several times to see all results

For early testers here is the link to the ipk
    Checksums: 5fad62f95505de724a7d0784c2866223 (md5), 3abca253be8bbef1b59023315b27b1162a5f0420 (sha1), 417ae8492918bde9c96f652922e951b307e00078d4766745e0dc3af1bb9bf6f4 (sha256)

Below some screenshots. Hope you like it, too :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12