Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    You have to make the filesystem writeable before you run ipkg remove. I always have to look up the command for that because I can never remember the syntax. Here it is:

Before, make writable:
    mount -o rw,remount /

After removing, change back to read-only:
    mount -o ro,remount /
    Nonononoki likes this.
  2.    #22  
    That's weird. I've never had to do that.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    If you check, you'll probably find that it is already mounted as rw then. I haven't had to do it on every device, but a number of them.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/02/2015 at 08:32 PM.
  4.    #24  
    It dawns on me that master mode in internalz pro is what does this for me which I always enable. So that's why I didn't have to do it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Can ya believe I hadn't enabled master mode on my latest FrankenPre2 build?
    after fixing youtube successfully being followed the method of post 1 , now I'm in totally abandons situation : the video do not start , how can I fix it? I can re-run the entire procedure of the new ? thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got a bit of spinner for maybe 15 secs, but this video DID play on my Pre3 at the first attempt - so it should be possible.

I have youtube-quality-fix224-v2theoneillfix patch installed.

Ho avuto un po 'di filatore per forse 15 secondi, ma questo video ha giocato sul mio Pre3 al primo tentativo - quindi dovrebbe essere possibile.

Ho cerotto "youtube-quality-fix224-v2theoneillfix" installato.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/23/2015 at 03:51 PM.
    I have another pre 2 and that everything works well and the video plays, perhaps made pies, I will try with a doctor, thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    OH! See this... Maybe there is a new issue!
    YouTube no longer working?

OH! Vedere questo ... Forse c' un nuovo problema!
    mahh ! The phone works well except. youtube , so be waiting for some time to take him to the doctor for a checkup
    Does this keep working and pre3 pre2? Best misses
    edit.

Working in pre2.
    Last edited by joshua764; 10/11/2015 at 08:38 PM.
    Has anyone tried this LuneTube app from MAMISHO? Apparently there's some bug on 3.0.5, but I don't know what it is.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/11/2015 at 09:00 PM.
    wow works perfect in pre3 It would be super to download videos. there any way to download?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Really? Works on Pre3? I guessed it would be tablet only. I sent the author a tweet suggesting a thread here would be good.
    Well, I sorta works on the Pre2, but I don't think it shows the full video frame. It didn't play audio over Bluetooth, so I can't confirm I had audio.
    Wow, it uses the Moonstone theme used on the TVs! Works pretty well on 3.0.5, though I haven't tested all functionality yet. Ok after installing on LuneOS, I can see what the issue is on 3.0.5: it does not render the controls. It played a couple videos, but would not start some - perhaps similar issues to what we've already seen. The videos I played were impressive though, as there was no lag or stuttering once they started playing.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/11/2015 at 09:53 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Wow, it uses the Moonstone theme used on the TVs! Works pretty well on 3.0.5, though I haven't tested all functionality yet. Ok after installing on LuneOS, I can see what the issue is on 3.0.5: it does not render the controls. It played a couple videos, but would not start some - perhaps similar issues to what we've already seen. The videos I played were impressive though, as there was no lag or stuttering once they started playing.
    So on legacy it will open from a link and just play? I'll give it a go - tomorrow!

I wonder how easy it would be to do an onyx version...
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So on legacy it will open from a link and just play? I'll give it a go - tomorrow!

I wonder how easy it would be to do an onyx version...
    I seriously doubt that.
    Is this still the best way to get youtube running on a veer 2.1.1?
    - still loving webOS -
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    Is this still the best way to get youtube running on a veer 2.1.1?
    This thread starts with discussions of patches for the youtube app & ends with Lunetube. This app is written to comply with the new Google API. It still needs work to be a good experience, but it works & is the solution for Youtube on webOS (& LuneOS)

Now I notice the mention of 2.1.1. I don't know why people try to use older OS versions - as if things aren't difficult enough, though I understand there wasn't an official 2.2.4 release for the Veer. You may as well just try the app and see. If there is an issue on 2.1.1, you might then want to consider the unofficial upgrade. I'm sure Veer owners will comment with better information than me.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/10/2016 at 05:04 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast