Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dsimonse
  1.    #1  
    hI,

Asked Companionlink to upload the app to PREware but got this instead:

Dennis,

You can download the application from the following link.

http://companionlink.com/palmapp/com..._1.2.5_all.ipk

Below is also a link that will help with the installation of the application.

WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0

> Hi,
    >
    > The HP app-catalogue har seized to exist. Is it possible for you to publish your webOS-app at https://pivotce.com/2015/04/22/new-p...-our-own-feed/
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Dennis

Thank you,

Michael K.
    Technical Support
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    CompanionLink Technical Support
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    Good to know. CompanionLink is one of the best PIM sync apps. Of course you will need to buy their desktop program to complete the process.

One question I have is have they been keeping the webOS functionality intact as they have been updating the desktop program regularly for Android Blackberry, etc. Or will you need to obtain an older version of the desktop program to work. In my case I have the older version, but just curious for those who would be first time adopters.
    Some info: USB Sync with HP webOS

So are they saying you can post that link to the feed?
  4.    #4  
    Hi,

I started off with that question got this:

Dennis,

Yes you can still choose to sync to WebOS using our version 6 of the product.

> Hi,
    >
    > Do the v6.0 support WebOS-devices sync with Outlook?
    >
    > I have v 5.0
    >
    > Regards
    > Dennis Simonsen
    >
    >

Thank you,

Michael K.
    Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by evacaf View Post
    Good to know. CompanionLink is one of the best PIM sync apps. Of course you will need to buy their desktop program to complete the process.

One question I have is have they been keeping the webOS functionality intact as they have been updating the desktop program regularly for Android Blackberry, etc. Or will you need to obtain an older version of the desktop program to work. In my case I have the older version, but just curious for those who would be first time adopters.
  5.    #5  
    Hi,

I don't know if that's whats they are saying.

//Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Some info: USB Sync with HP webOS

So are they saying you can post that link to the feed?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Hi,

I started off with that question got this:

Dennis,

Yes you can still choose to sync to WebOS using our version 6 of the product.

> Hi,
    >
    > Do the v6.0 support WebOS-devices sync with Outlook?
    >
    > I have v 5.0
    >
    > Regards
    > Dennis Simonsen
    >
    >

Thank you,

Michael K.
    Technical Support
    Perfect! Thanks for asking.
    Alas, the link no longer seems to work. Do you know if the IPK is still "out there," or downloadable from elsewhere on Companionlink's site? (Side note: I don't know if it ever did work with WebOS 2 devices--did it?)
    That is so helpful! Thank you! I see the app there and have it on the Veer. Now I'm finding that I can't create an account (similar to what dsimonse describes here: Accounts and Companionlink), since of course the servers for Palm profiles no longer exist.

I'm considering using Impostah to create an account, but worried that this will hose the data / apps I have on the device now (which, since I set it up post-Palm-end, is a "Dr. SkippedFirstUse" device). Can anyone advise on whether using Impostah to create an account might help with this and / or if it will make existing data or apps not work?
    Dr Skipped Use is a fill in for a real Palm Profile account (well, really it IS a Palm Profile account, it just wasn't connected to their servers, and probably had other things disabled too). I think it was required for all of the data structures to work correctly. I never used Companionlink, so I'm not familiar.. Does it sync the data into the Palm Profile account? I so, that part should work. I feel like I read that there was something required on their website (CL's) that was no longer there. Or maybe that was a different sync app...

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/26/2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Well, I'm not sure what the mechanism is for CL's sync. But here's what I tried: I tried to create a new Palm Profile with Impostah, and of course it failed as there are no servers any more for Palm Profiles.

Subsequently, I tried again with CL USB Sync (CompanionLink). The opening screen has a button that says "Create Account" ("CL USB Sync needs to create accounts on your device before you can synchronize."). Tapping "Create Account" produces this error: "Account Creation Failed: Not permitted to send to com.palm.accounts."

Does anyone know of a workaround?
    By some google-fu, that error usually appeared using the ipk that was not yet updated for webos 2.x/3