Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Luigi Paternostro
  1.    #1  
    I realized I have not saved ipk of : WorldClock . I can not save her now that catalog out . Can be recovered in some way ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If the app is installed...

Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

Starting to wonder about all the things I thought I'd saved...
  3.    #3  
    I own two palm on an installed app , I wanted to have it on the second device
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    I own two palm on an installed app , I wanted to have it on the second device
    If you have it on one device (but not 'saved') and you want to install it on your second device, you could TRY this method (from another thread somewhere here!):

"..Obtain Jason's IPKPackager utility from ipk-packager - Cross-Platform webOS Ipk Packager - Google Project Hosting (Attached below).

Use Internalz Pro to browse to:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

You'll see folders for each of the applications that you currently have installed on your device.

Tap-and-Hold on the desired folder, and COPY it to:

/media/internal

Afterward, connect the phone in USB mode and copy that folder to your PC's desktop.
    Jason's IPKpackager can then be used to point to the copied folder and create an IPK from it, which should install from WOSQI *most* of the time.

I recently got a Pre 3 and wanted to have both it and my Pre 2 functional without the Pre 2 having it's Palm Profile wiped, so I created a new profile for the Pre 3 and was able to move applications from the 2 to the 3 in this manner.

I did encounter at least a couple of occasions where an IPK wouldn't install via WOSQI, but I then lucked out by copying the IPK to the usb partition on the phone and using Preware to install successfully.."

Hope this helps...

Attached Files Attached Files

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  5.    #5  
    I'll try this method
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    If you have it on one device (but not 'saved') and you want to install it on your second device, you could TRY this method (from another thread somewhere here!):

"..Obtain Jason's IPKPackager utility from ipk-packager - Cross-Platform webOS Ipk Packager - Google Project Hosting (Attached below).

Use Internalz Pro to browse to:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

You'll see folders for each of the applications that you currently have installed on your device.

Tap-and-Hold on the desired folder, and COPY it to:

/media/internal

Afterward, connect the phone in USB mode and copy that folder to your PC's desktop.
    Jason's IPKpackager can then be used to point to the copied folder and create an IPK from it, which should install from WOSQI *most* of the time.

I recently got a Pre 3 and wanted to have both it and my Pre 2 functional without the Pre 2 having it's Palm Profile wiped, so I created a new profile for the Pre 3 and was able to move applications from the 2 to the 3 in this manner.

I did encounter at least a couple of occasions where an IPK wouldn't install via WOSQI, but I then lucked out by copying the IPK to the usb partition on the phone and using Preware to install successfully.."

Hope this helps...

Worked perfectly, thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Mutoidi likes this.