Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By NCCaniac
  1.    #1  
    hello!
    If I try to buy an app ftom the catalogue, just before the end of our hp world, it gives me an error. Do you know if it is still possible?
    Thank you very much.
    Purchasing an app is no longer possible. Free apps can be downloaded as can paid apps you have purchased in the past. HP no longer wants our money.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Purchasing an app is no longer possible. Free apps can be downloaded as can paid apps you have purchased in the past. HP no longer wants our money.
    This is all so terribly silly...
    Tell us your wanted app, perhaps your app can be found here: App Gallery | webOS Nation
    Some app developer of formely paid apps moved them for free into the preware app catalog.

Also be sure to check out this thread DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes and search in for your app, as some devs put their apps on other websites for free download.

If you can't find it, ask developer to put the app into Preware ( App Gallery | webOS Nation ) or to checkout the thread DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    creepingmee likes this.
  5.    #5  
    well I have assumed that our webos world is dead, but there are two apps that I would really like: Japanese Study Tools by AIS and Exhibition Earth by calql8.com
    :'(
    There are ways to offer paid apps - free is not a requirement. I think this is one way to incentivise it - no one will get rich, but offering an app behind a donation or paywall means the possibility of a little money might cause some to make their apps available and also make some support efforts.

LuneOS may also broaden the number of people looking for apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanjpm View Post
    This is all so terribly silly...
    Inconvenient for us end users, yes, but not silly when you realize it costs HP more to maintain and process the systems for those sales transactions then their cut they would make on the small number of sales. The fact that they are leaving the app store up until March 15 for download of free apps or apps you already purchased is something that amazes me. They could have just shut it off with limited notice. They are out of the webOS business.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
  8.    #8  
    I meant "silly" for what HP did to webos. So powerful, so elegant, so easy, so loved.... And killed with no glory at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanjpm View Post
    I meant "silly" for what HP did to webos. So powerful, so elegant, so easy, so loved.... And killed with no glory at all.
    Ah, then we are in complete agreement! :-)