Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    As I mentioned elsewhere, one person in China is active at the moment, and one of his projects is relative to ACL
    Here's the link to the discussion, use your preferred translator
    ACL for WebOS¨TouchPad and Pre3

and here is a copy of the modified ipk for a pre3 (it took some days to finally manage to download it.. kept blocking at various stages)
    http://1drv.ms/1B7qSlN

As far as I understood, is not yet fully working ( it should still require to masquerade the pre3 kernel to show it being the touchpad version ) and it requires / benefits from having a touchpad with acl on it, since 2 img are to be copied from a touchpad installation. As it is, it launches, it allows to register and de register the license, and to see the installed programs (I think).
    Maybe someone here will be interested enough to try to fix the missing parts
    Mutoidi and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    well at least the one Screenshot there I do understand and it looks very pleasent. Would be great to see Android finally on Pre3.
    Last edited by GoJoe2; 12/02/2014 at 01:55 AM.
    Will there actually be enough memory for this to run properly?
    Very interesting. Would be nice to run some Android apps to supplement the major missing ones. I honestly would find this more useful than ACL for the TouchPad was. Wondering about the memory also though. Too bad they didn't have the foresight to ship the Pre3 with say 768MB.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  5.    #5  
    The memory part is a valid concern, I guess. But given that it has a 0 cost (aside the time to tweak it to get it fully working.. aka able to bypass the kernel check and launch an app) for who has acl on a touchpad (and has also a pre3), since the license was paid on the touchpad... given all that, the concern about available ram is relative, imo
    It's very disruptive on the touchpad and indeed I leave it disabled these days all the time. Not worth the hassle. It would be worse on a pre3. This to me is totally useless.
  7.    #7  
    Disruptive how ? ( I don't have a touchpad / it was too hard to obtain from my location ) On the chinese forum, the OP mentioned the need for overclocking, and to add rooting to acl, to be able to tailor active processes, but that's all he mentions
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Very interesting. Would be nice to run some Android apps to supplement the major missing ones. I honestly would find this more useful than ACL for the TouchPad was. Wondering about the memory also though. Too bad they didn't have the foresight to ship the Pre3 with say 768MB.
    768 MB???

Until where I know, the Pre³ have 512MB; share 128 MB to modem and use only 384 MB...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Disruptive how ? ( I don't have a touchpad / it was too hard to obtain from my location ) On the chinese forum, the OP mentioned the need for overclocking, and to add rooting to acl, to be able to tailor active processes, but that's all he mentions
    TP got slow, even running on 1.5Ghz, frequent reboots and apps that stopped working to mention a few...
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    TP got slow, even running on 1.5Ghz, frequent reboots and apps that stopped working to mention a few...
    oh joy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    768 MB???

Until where I know, the Pre³ have 512MB; share 128 MB to modem and use only 384 MB...

Best Regards...
    I know that lol. I was just saying it's too bad they didn't have the foresight to ship them with more ram. :P
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quite possibly 'They' (HP) & 'Foresight' used in the same sentence, is simply - in hindsight - a total non-sequitur!!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/04/2014 at 07:56 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.