Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  • 2 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Found an interesting thread on bbs.zoopda.com

http://bbs.zoopda.com/thread-353733-1-1.html

related to extracting from a doctor and creating the ipkgs of all the included bits and parts. It's including a small archive with all the required scripts, the full list of ipks for 2.2.4, and 2 links to repositories having those ipks stored (att version)
    Sumy likes this.
    Is this difficult to do? I.e. Is this big deal?

I can see the convenience. For instance, for adding mojo to LuneOS (assuming it will work 'as is').

But I was already under the impression that this was possible.
  3.    #3  
    mah, it's 20 kb of scripts that analyze a doctor and repackage every single component, so there's a bit of effort in it.
    (example output 2.2.4 att Index of /WebOS/ROM-ipkgs/2.2.4-official )

The OP on zoopda is the same owning bioinfoserv.org, and apparently very active "now" (he did/is doing a lot of things in the past few months, including original modifications to add sms import/export by extending heavily listview-assistant.jsjsjs

His approach for part of the "changes" is not by patching, but by providing an updated ipk (an extended calculator in place of the stock one, extended logging), thus having the base ipks to fall back to has its importance. They may have their utility to refresh parts that are in a quirky state after various patches, too

He is trying to get ACL to work under a pre3... too. Right now it installs, it registers the license, it activates it, and can see the apps downloaded
    Mutoidi and Sumy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    mah, it's 20 kb of scripts that analyze a doctor and repackage every single component, so there's a bit of effort in it.
    (example output 2.2.4 att Index of /WebOS/ROM-ipkgs/2.2.4-official )

The OP on zoopda is the same owning bioinfoserv.org, and apparently very active "now" (he did/is doing a lot of things in the past few months, including original modifications to add sms import/export by extending heavily listview-assistant.jsjsjs

His approach for part of the "changes" is not by patching, but by providing an updated ipk (an extended calculator in place of the stock one, extended logging), thus having the base ipks to fall back to has its importance. They may have their utility to refresh parts that are in a quirky state after various patches, too

He is trying to get ACL to work under a pre3... too. Right now it installs, it registers the license, it activates it, and can see the apps downloaded
    Does this script works also on TouchPad / TouchPad Go doctors? mazzinia do you have a script you are referring to at the beginning ?
  5.    #5  
    Should work on any doctor. I didn't think to attach the archive, since it was provided on the linked website... anyway I've attached it to this post
    Attached Files Attached Files