Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  1.    #1  
    XO, the Subsonic Commander is now available on github, under the same modified 3-clause license that I use for SynerGV. (basically - do what you want with it, but give credit where credit is due)

https://github.com/ericblade/xo

The source has been sitting here collecting dust for quite a while, so I haven't had a chance to verify that any of it is working, but I would expect that it would -- there really haven't been any compatibility issues in the app that I'm aware of, just issues with legacy webOS that refused to deal with secure http .. sigh. It looks like I was in the middle of working on getting HTTP Live Streaming working, although the support for that was brand new in Subversion at the time, and I know there were quite some problems with it on the server side at the time. I don't know if those issues have ever been resolved satisfactorily.

Theoretically, it should also package up for Android and PlayBook as well, although there are probably pieces missing from that.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Thanks for sharing your code. Will definitely give someone the oppertunity to learn from your code.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
  3.    #3  
    ... or at least learn what not to do ;-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I was going to ask if you could put this on FireFoxOS, but now I can give it a go myself!

Prepare for emails and IMs :P

Oh god, what have I done?

Halp.

Edit: Got the source, made the webapp.manifest, pushed it to the device. Blank screen.

Saw PhoneGap Build Cloud Serivce, uploaded it there, it got updated to the latest 3.6.3 PhoneGap API level.

No FFXOS output target, kind of confused at this stage.
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 11/09/2014 at 01:06 AM.
  5.    #5  
    haha. Well, I have absolutely no idea, myself.

My first thought, is that the repo doesn't have Enyo packaged in there. SO, probably need to grab Enyo 1, put it in there, and make an index that points to the correct thing.

It has index-android and index-webworks which point to enyo in a subdirectory just called "enyo". .. so that's probably the best place to start. You could probably use index-webworks.html as a starting point, my understanding is that FFOS should be pretty compatible .. although I have NO idea if Enyo 1 works in Gecko.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    Yeah, stuff like Picross works flawlessly and so do some of the LunaCE apps that run Enyo like Messages.

I've been busy busy trying to see if there is an easy way to join FFXOS and webOS.

I'll try what you suggested, I hadn't even thought about the need for Enyo. And this is why I'm not a programmer :\

Grabbed Enyo Bootplate, copied the enyo directory from the archive, put it under my FFXOS project, changed the index-webworks.html line to point to /enyo/enyo.jsjsjs, $and$ $nothing$ $still$.

Halp?
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 11/09/2014 at 09:01 AM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Bootplate is Enyo 2.0.. you'll need Enyo 1.0 .. https://github.com/enyojs/enyo-1.0

I suspect there may be quite some work involved in getting it to work in Gecko.. but I may be pleasantly surprised.

Worst case, someone may have to spend time seperating all the UI stuff from all the "backend" stuff and then we can build a new UI in Enyo 2
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    "Someone"

Haha. I'll give it a go with Enyo 1.0 and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    I just posted to the github repo a copy of my blackberry playbook branch for it. Looks like it should be identical, but it includes the enyo repo submodule. Looks like it also has some android code, it may have been where I built my Android test from.. although I never released on Android, because the official client worked there, and I wasn't really trying to compete.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    "Someone"

Haha. I'll give it a go with Enyo 1.0 and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.
    haha. yeah, it's probably not going to be me. I'll help, but I'm not going to be able to sink hours upon hours into this like I did when I was living on app income.

If anyone wants to go that way, and are serious about it, I'll share the mockup I was working on of an Enyo 2 UI that I built with a really early build of Ares 2...
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Progress?

It never gets past this.

I changed all the script src things in the html files to point to /enyo/framework/enyo.jsjsjs ($which$ $is$ $the$ $correct$ $path$) $and$ $that$ $gets$ $me$ $to$ $where$ $it$ $is$ $currently$.

It won't even render in Chrome until I pass the --disable-web-security flag on chrome.

Doing the equivalent for Gecko doesn't seem to help/change anything. What exactly am I running into here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 11/10/2014 at 03:20 PM.