1.    #1  
    Hi, first post. I would like a calculator for my Palm Pixi Plus that does square roots, which is helpful for calculating roof rafters and stairs. The installed calculator does not have this function. I tried to install the RPN Scientific Calculator and followed the instructions here:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....rpnscientific

"Alternately, you may send yourself an email with the HP App Catalog link to this app. When you click on the link from your device, the App Catalog will display the app details and allow you to install it."

All went well until the download was complete and I got this message:

"RPN Scientific Calculator - Install Failed"

No further explanation was given. Can anyone clarify what I might have done wrong or is this app not compatible with the PPP? If the latter, are there any calc apps that do sq roots that are compatible?

Thanks, Jack
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack6128 View Post
    Hi, first post. I would like a calculator for my Palm Pixi Plus that does square roots, which is helpful for calculating roof rafters and stairs. The installed calculator does not have this function. I tried to install the RPN Scientific Calculator and followed the instructions here:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....rpnscientific

"Alternately, you may send yourself an email with the HP App Catalog link to this app. When you click on the link from your device, the App Catalog will display the app details and allow you to install it."

All went well until the download was complete and I got this message:

"RPN Scientific Calculator - Install Failed"

No further explanation was given. Can anyone clarify what I might have done wrong or is this app not compatible with the PPP? If the latter, are there any calc apps that do sq roots that are compatible?

Thanks, Jack
    UPDATE:

After being informed that the update failed, I checked the app Launcher in the Pixi. An icon for the RPN Scientific Calculator was there with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle superimposed on it. When I tap it, the My Applications portion of the App Catalog opens with the icon for the RPN calculator and the yellow triangle with the exclamation point off to the right. When I tap on it, I receive the following message:

"You must connect to a network to use this application"

I normally have the data turned off because the Pixi apparently blows through it quickly and I use the Page Plus $80 Pay-As-You-Go Plan and data is very expensive with this plan.

Anyway, that's all I got. Thanks for any help.

Jack
  3.    #3  
    After more searching for a solution I found the sticky that addresses the problem I was having with failed app installations:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...se-sticky.html

After updating the App Catalog. Everything went without a hitch.