Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

given the app purchase countdown I was thinking of purchasing one or two racing games for my Pre3 and was thinking of Asphalt 5 and/or Driver from gameloft.

Can anyone tell me, if they are working ok on a Pre3? The (very old) comments to Driver say, that it does not work on a Pre3, so I'd like to know if that is still the case before spending the money.

An answer before Nov. 1st is apprechiated

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    I'm gonna try asphalt, Shrek kart and assassin's creed. On a Pre !? How foolish !

Guys ! At least this "end of service" has some fun...

(Results are supposed to come in a few minutes...)
    All of the three files failed to install on my Pre3, giving "file transfer failed" error with webosQI. The palm-install command finished with no error, but the apps weren't in my apps menus after the end of install.

I don't know if there's another way to try and how to get logfiles. Maybe it would help
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    All of the three files failed to install on my Pre3, giving "file transfer failed" error with webosQI. The palm-install command finished with no error, but the apps weren't in my apps menus after the end of install.

I don't know if there's another way to try and how to get logfiles. Maybe it would help
    Thanks for trying!

Which Asphalt did you try? I think Asphalt6 is for Touchpad as is Assassins Creed. I have them both on the TP and they are working good.

Asphalt5 is the version for the Pre3, according to the Appcatalog. Maybe I'll try them anyway, before the end.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Ouch, misunderstood (and misread "Asphalt _5_") ! I thought you wanted to try Touchpad versions on the pre, as certain "Touchpad-only" software sometimes run on Pre3...
    As far as racing games go I have Need For Speed Underground working great on my Pre3. I don't think I had much luck in the past with any of the other ones.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Asphalt 5 works , but only up to a certain point. Halfway in career mode can crash (aspen duel)
  8.    #8  
    So, I bought Asphalt5 for my Pre3 and it does not work

It installs and runs, but when the race starts, the screen si almost completely black, like only the shadow textures are displayed. Can't see my car, can't see the other cars even though driving works.

@mazzinia: do you have a pre3 or another pre?

Anyway, this didn't work for me

Regards,
    UW

P.S.: I think I don't try "Driver" now and concentrate one racing on the TP
    pre3, but likely had to modify a json and maybe the index.html

I'll attach the notes I saved in a folder on the phone. more detailed info are on this forum
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HerrSchwarz5 likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    pre3, but likely had to modify a json and maybe the index.html

I'll attach the notes I saved in a folder on the phone. more detailed info are on this forum
    Wonderful! The metadata did the trick!

Thank you very much.

UW

Edit: I also downloaded Driver, but here the metadata did not do the trick. It improved the graphics, but it is still unplayable
    Last edited by HerrSchwarz5; 10/27/2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added Driver info
    maybe a different metadata number ( not 101 ) or such could help. I'm not sure if anyone tried more numbers (by example)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    maybe a different metadata number ( not 101 ) or such could help. I'm not sure if anyone tried more numbers (by example)
    I tried the ones that are menioned in this posting Some games doesn´t work in my pre3 with no success.

But the metadata helped me fix two other games, so Iam quite happy

At least I have one more ipk to contribute (for non pre3s)

cheers,
    UW