Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Anything new regarding the Facebook problem? Since a few days login does not work.

Kind regards

Fred
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Another idea: Is the login into Facebook via CalDAV possible? Contacts and events is all I need...

Thank you and best regards!

Fred
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    It seems that CalDAV does not work with Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    We need to all keep asking Facebook to restore the app I'd and our content. Maybe it won't work, but at least then they will know we are still here. I feel they owe it to us to restore our content.
    Don't look now, but I was just checking Facebook a few minutes ago, and noticed my 'empty' photo album had thumbnail again, so I clicked on it, and the pictures were back!* *Of course, not completely good news, as I still can't view them from my Pre2 Facebook app, but I think that is because the app ID is still gone, maybe. There are other pics from that same time in other albums that I can see now, but this album was unique in that it only contained photos uploaded from my Pre, and so showed as empty when this problem, whereas other albums just had pics missing. Now may be a good time to re-download previously missing things, if you can remember which ones they were.. It's not quite what we're after, but maybe it's progress?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/13/2015 at 12:55 AM.
    you are right! photos uploaded previously from webOS devices are back! it just took four months for facebook to fix that!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Hey hey hey!!!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Don't look now, but I was just checking Facebook a few minutes ago, and noticed my 'empty' photo album had thumbnail again, so I clicked on it, and the pictures were back!*
    Good spot! My timeline seems substantially more complete as well.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    But when I try to log in with the Facebook App I get the error message:
    Error: 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Facebook login failed 1: [400]: Wenn in development mode, only application owners and test accounts can use this method.

I am just going to disable the developer mode and test again.

Edit: The error is the same. It does not work.

Best regards

Fred
    They're talking about something different. Pictures that were uploaded to facebook with the facebook for webos app (when it worked) were hidden from view on facebook when they changed their login security. The pics are back. The facebook app for webos is broken for good.

Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    But when I try to log in with the Facebook App I get the error message:
    Error: 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Facebook login failed 1: [400]: Wenn in development mode, only application owners and test accounts can use this method.

I am just going to disable the developer mode and test again.

Edit: The error is the same. It does not work.

Best regards

Fred
    Exactly what I have been getting. No problems on the Touchpad though.
    you mean the touchpad client still works ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    you mean the touchpad client still works ?
    yep, just as good as it it ever did!
    Only if you were logged in prior to the security change. I've doctored since. New logins are denied. Logs show unauthorized.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudsaki View Post
    Exactly what I have been getting. No problems on the Touchpad though.
    On my TouchPad I experienced the problem either.

I think my problem was, that I have been logged out from Facebook and had to change my name. After that the re-login failed on each of my devices. Due to the fact that the battery was drained by the permanent login attempts I erased Facebook from the Pre 2 and Pre 3.
    Last edited by gsfx; 03/17/2015 at 05:45 AM.
    Maybe this has been previously raised - not following this closely. If existing accounts can log in, but not new ones, could this be another root certificate or token issue?

i.e. Old accounts, with a token created with an old certificate = Authorised.
    New accounts, without an updated cert, can't make the token = locked out.

I'm sure it's more complicated, but maybe new accounts are forced to authorise in a new way the app can't handle (maybe more than just the cert), but old accounts are allowed to 'degrade' to the old way of connecting?
    It's more difficult than that. The built in authentication protocol is based on SSL. Facebook discontinued using it and switched to TLSv3. That is when everything broke. The app uses it for first login to authorize the app access to view facebook much like other 3rd party apps require it as well. Think QuickChat for Facebook. So those that authorized the app for the first time prior to the change have continued access to it. If you log out, reinstall the app, doctor, or change your password you'll be denied. The apps would have to be updated to use the new security. Or patched from a very very smart person.

Follow me on Twitter
    Right, well if that's the case, I doubt there's anyone here with the skills AND the motivation to fix the app, though I wonder if a work-around for those who still have access might be to retain the device token (as recommended in the webOS-internals survival guide).

Save your token now and maybe a reinstallation after any doctoring issues could preserve your login?
    On top of all that, the app key was deleted, so a new one would have to be created and the app would likely have to be modified to use the newer Facebook APIs. It would be a major undertaking. Without (fully functional) Facebook on my phone, I waste a lot less time on there.
    so in fact there is no solution for the usage of the facebook app, right? apps are fading more and more :-(
    cannot the touchpad app be forced on a phone ? I mean, if the touchpad app works normally... as long as the issue is the UI we could tweak the html....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast