Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'm not giving up.

Since my old content from my webOS 1.x days is still there, I installed the Facebook app onto my old Sprint Pre, and I can't log in - it gives me some kind of account manager error. I tried restoring my save/restore archive from 2012, and it fails to restore, but I don't get any useful errors. Anyone here still using the Facebook app on 1.4.5?
    yeah I just tried to revive an old palm pre 1.4.5 for nostalgia - FB doesn't work gives the acctMgr error mentioned above. Any fix?

What would be nice is if we can get webosdoctors made that are preset to include preware and the whole shebang so you can just flash it to get it work esp post deactivation in Jan 2015.

fb-web works but dang is it slow (I don't remember it being that slow to load).
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    yeah I just tried to revive an old palm pre 1.4.5 for nostalgia - FB doesn't work gives the acctMgr error mentioned above. Any fix?

What would be nice is if we can get webosdoctors made that are preset to include preware and the whole shebang so you can just flash it to get it work esp post deactivation in Jan 2015.

fb-web works but dang is it slow (I don't remember it being that slow to load).
    [How To] Create a backup of your device when in recovery mode, including apps
    Does anybody have any news on this problem? This thread Facebook account login is broken also reports the same (well, maybe not exactly the same but very similar). It's been almost 2 weeks since some of us reported the problem on facebook but no reply
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I've not seen any change. Facebook won't contact us either. We need to keep after them to fix it.
    Facebook hasn't replied to my help requests.
    Maybe we should try contacting HP? (only half joking...)
    Pcworld is working on a solution for his quickchat for facebook app. If he can get a free moment perhaps a similar solution might apply to cb synergy.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by hangover#WN View Post
    Facebook hasn't replied to my help requests.
    Maybe we should try contacting HP? (only half joking...)
    HP... perhaps... or maybe a place like Ars Technica, if they will be kind enough to publicly shame Facebook for deleting hundreds of photos and status updates without warning, explanation or any recourse
    I've posted this in the HP support forums: HP Facebook app for WebOS is gone from facebook along with a... - HP Support Forum - 4684196

Feel free to chime in
    Remy X likes this.
    Tweeted and submitted two more bug reports to Facebook tonight. Not going to give up. Here is my last report:

"I'm getting very frustrated that my requests for help seem to be getting ignored. I, and many other users of webOS phones and tablets, have recently had all of our content posted from the webOS Facebook app disappear (or as I suspect, just hidden from Facebook due to privacy controls kicking in due to the HP webOS Facebook app been removed from our approved apps again. Even if HP contacted you (and I'm speculating here) to notify you that they were ending webOS support and cloud services, that does not mean that our content posted from the app should be suddenly invalidated. Please respond to us and restore the app's permissions and our missing content. Thank you in advance."
    vgg and Remy X like this.
    This is interesting - I just submitted another bug report, using the desktop website. This time I selected 'General feedback' then picked photos from the product list. I rated my experience as poor/1 star. When I submitted my feedback, this time instead of saying they don't respond to most reports, it said I should receive an email reply soon - perhaps because I rated my experience as poor? I don't know, but maybe someone will actually read the bug report this time.

A bunch of my photos are missing from Facebook that were uploaded using the official webOS Facebook app on my Palm Pre2 and Pre3. The app is also missing from my approved app list. Please restore my photos and app so I can continue using it.
    Edit: nevermind.. it was a totally generic email response. More than I got all of the previous times though I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This is interesting - I just submitted another bug report, using the desktop website. This time I selected 'General feedback' then picked photos from the product list. I rated my experience as poor/1 star. When I submitted my feedback, this time instead of saying they don't respond to most reports, it said I should receive an email reply soon - perhaps because I rated my experience as poor? I don't know, but maybe someone will actually read the bug report this time.

Edit: nevermind.. it was a totally generic email response. More than I got all of the previous times though I guess.
    Just did the same but in spanish. The response is:

Formulario enviado correctamente
    Gracias por ponerte en contacto con Facebook. En breve recibirás una respuesta por correo electrónico.

I really hope my photos and status updates are recovered!! It would be hepful if everyone affected by this reports the problem on FB... The previous times this has happened FB solution came fasteeerrrr
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I agree it definitely seemed faster the first time (or two) that this happened. I'm going to keep badgering them until I get a response. Since we can't tell what is missing, we can't restore them even if we wanted to. I found the originals for my album that shows as completely empty, but only because the album had an obvious name. I'm missing dozens of pics from 'Mobile uploads' which could be anything from the last 4 years!
    I contacted Facebook about this also. A few days ago for no reason Facebook made me change my password and it logged me out of Facebook on my TouchPad Go. Also around the same time I got a new Pre3 and of course am unable to log in with it. For the most part both apps still worked fine so I'm pretty unhappy. >.<

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I contacted Facebook about this also. A few days ago for no reason Facebook made me change my password and it logged me out of Facebook on my TouchPad Go. Also around the same time I got a new Pre3 and of course am unable to log in with it. For the most part both apps still worked fine so I'm pretty unhappy. >.<

Ugh. I guess we know what's in store for the rest of us now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post

Same here...damn it!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    We need to all keep asking Facebook to restore the app I'd and our content. Maybe it won't work, but at least then they will know we are still here. I feel they owe it to us to restore our content.
    Remy X likes this.
    I don't know if this is relevant, but:
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/upgrading (All Facebook-enabled apps will be automaticaly upgraded to API v2.0 on April 30, 2015.)

Note that this next post is over a year old, so the apps mentioned here may have same problems as webOS:
    Seven Social Apps For Jolla, With Native Sailfish OS Support | LinuxG.net
    I think that's definitely true of the Whatsapp client, but it is apparently based on Yappari(?) which is said to be working and there are plans to combine Amoralico's 1.70 code with that.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/javascript
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/12/2015 at 08:53 PM.
    I appreciate you guys keeping on Facebook about this matter. I'll do the same to see if the chorus can grow noticeable.

Alex
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    The last time all of our media went out from Facebook, I directly contacted a guy that I know from before webOS who works at Facebook.. the next day, our problem was fixed (for the time being), but he unfriended me. so... i'm out of help for that. But if we have a correct channel to go through, I'll be happy to message them
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    xandros9 likes this.
    Well that sucks Eric!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast