Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bbito
  1.    #1  
    Today before HP closes the app catalog i wanted to buy the Preware Homebrew Documentation for 1.01Euro in German HP appcatalog.

    Using my Credit card - but the purchase fails with Code PMTPAMS3006 ..
    (Kauf nicht möglich. Der Artikel konnte nicht gekauft werden. Versuchen Sie es später erneut. PMTPAMS3006.)
    - I don't want to pay through my phone carrier account.

    The same did not work for other apps too.
    I think HP has to fix this before they can take the service offline.
    ( I very much assume if need to reinstall some paid app now that it would fail. Too bad )

    BTW - I forgot where to configure/check my credit card information on the device or at the HP webos server or where ?
    Somehow HP has to know my credit card information and I would like to verify that information.
  2. #2  
    It is in the app catalog's Preferences and Accounts section of its app menu. On my frankenPre2, when I first opened the app menu Preferences and Accounts was grayed/disabled, but I chose Help and then returned to it and Preferences and Accounts was then available.
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #3  
    thanks - but for me the app catalog's Preferences and Accounts section of its app menu is grayed out at all times.
    I see no way to enable it. - strange ..
    I'm located in Germany and use a Pre3 (AT&T).

    EDIT: one day later for some reason everything worked for me again on my Pre3: menu is enabled and purchase did work.
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 10/19/2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: problem is solved for now
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    thanks - but for me the app catalog's Preferences and Accounts section of its app menu is grayed out at all times.
    I see no way to enable it. - strange ..
    I'm located in Germany and use a Pre3 (AT&T).
    You may have some luck using GMMan's "app catalog country changer" to switch to the US and then back to DE, and the menu may become unblocked. Just a suggestion
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the hints.

    But finally today - the app catalog's Preferences and Accounts section was enabled for me on my Pre3 and now some time (day) later I was able to purchase the Preware Homebrew Documentation for 1.01Euro in German HP appcatalog.
    At least I wanted to make sure this works - and to acknowledge the work of all the Preware / Homebrew people - before this app catalog goes away. Hope HP is still giving the money to the app providers.

    ---
    BTW - I had some troubles with purchasing from my TouchPad 3.0.5 which is bound to the same webos account. Looks like I lost contact to my profile after I change my email at that webos account. Now I used impostah to change the email on the TP too and I was able to connect to the same profile again. Great impostah - if you understand how to use it.
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 10/19/2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: EDIT: I fixed my TP issues with connecting to my profile
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    You may have some luck using GMMan's "app catalog country changer" to switch to the US and then back to DE, and the menu may become unblocked. Just a suggestion
    Actually, I have this "Country Picker for App Catalog (Web)" installed on my TP. But it fails to work at this time now:
    This is not a valid HP webOS application
    (German: Dies ist keine gültige HP webOS application)
    The URL is: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...=COUNTRYPICKER

    I just tried to install this patch with current Preware on Pre3 and TP GO but I can not find this patch in the preware app ! ?
    Where to find this patch ?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 10/19/2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added URL
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Actually, I have this "Country Picker for App Catalog (Web)" installed on my TP. But it fails to work at this time now:
    This is not a valid HP webOS application
    (German: Dies ist keine gültige HP webOS application)
    The URL is: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...=COUNTRYPICKER

    I just tried to install this patch with current Preware on Pre3 and TP GO but I can not find this patch in the preware app ! ?
    Where to find this patch ?
    App Catalog Country Changer [PC]
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    THanks!
    This is quite different from the tool "Country Picker for App Catalog (Web)" that I used before.
    I checked all my devices in the webos profile (Pre3, TP, TP GO) and all seem to work for payments.
    I the App catalog I can visit my credit card details.
    Unfortunately on the TP GO the app catalog content remains empty.
    So I could eventually paid for apps - but as there is no app in the catalog for TP GO - so I can not select any.
    I somehow need to change the TP GO to pretend to be a regular TP.

Similar Threads

  1. Unlock code fails after NextGen unlock
    By Jonny.A in forum Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11/20/2012, 09:38 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10/03/2011, 03:09 PM
  3. Appcatalog app updates?
    By warlord9159 in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/16/2010, 08:23 AM
  4. Not able to buy anything in AppCatalog...
    By mjoschi19 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04/08/2010, 02:17 PM
  5. Anybody purchase this or would purchase? (Brando Treo 650 Music Dock)
    By infinitemethod in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07/31/2006, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions