Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By dsimonse
  • 2 Post By pcworld
  • 2 Post By dsimonse
  • 2 Post By pcworld
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

As of today I'm unable to connect with QuickChat - just get the "reconnect/remove" pop-up.
    Tried to reconnect numerous times and alsp to remove the account (the I got a re-login page once but no luck - removing more times just does nothing). Tried to uninstall/install the app but still get the "reconnect" pop-up.

Any thoughts?
    katkiller likes this.
    I am having the same problem it says: Disconnected (3). I think the 3 is the error number but I do not know what it means, maye someone else can help??
    Quote Originally Posted by katkiller View Post
    I am having the same problem it says: Disconnected (3). I think the 3 is the error number but I do not know what it means, maye someone else can help??
    Same here. It worked when I used it a couple of days ago, but now "Disconnected (3)".
    Only got aware of this because someone e-mailed me. (Next time please post in the existing thread or even better e-mail me, I don't monitor the forums).
    It looks like Facebook stopped accepting SSLv3 connections as a result of a publication of a new attack on SSLv3.
    I have fixed the app and will submit an update to the HP webOS App Catalog. Since HP will soon shut down the App Catalog I'm also considering making my apps available on Preware in the future.
    Last edited by pcworld; 10/18/2014 at 07:07 PM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    katkiller and sshaka like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Only got aware of this because someone e-mailed me. (Next time please post in the existing thread or even better e-mail me, I don't monitor the forums).
    It looks like Facebook stopped accepting SSLv3 connections as a result of a publication of a new attack on SSLv3.
    I have fixed the app and will submit an update to the HP webOS App Catalog. Since HP will soon shut down the App Catalog I'm also considering making my apps available on Preware in the future.
    thank you so much, will be waiting for it!
    Ah, the SSLv3 POODLE attack vulnerability. That makes perfect sense Facebook made that change. Thanks for updating your app!
  7.    #8  
    Hi,
    The fix doesn't seem to show up in the app-catalog? Could you make it available in Preware?

//Dennis
    cbosdell and katkiller like this.
    v1.0.12 has been released which fixes the current issues. A download link has been added to the first post of the official thread, it's unclear whether HP will publish the update in the App Catalog.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    eblade and virox like this.