1.    #1  
    Hey all,

One thing I miss from my android phone is a good remote client. I know splash top used to be available and now it isn't. Is there any alternative? Anyone have an ipk handy for the phone splashtop remote app? I did originally buy it but hp apparently pulled it. (pm if you have it)

I googled everywhere I could but only found the touchpad version.

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    wow, i still use my primary touchpad in webos a lot for the splashtop client, because the newer splashtop versions require subscriptions to use when on remote networks!!! i'd be really annoyed if my splashtop were lost and i couldn't restore it i don't remember ever seeing a version for phones, though ...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    wow, i still use my primary touchpad in webos a lot for the splashtop client, because the newer splashtop versions require subscriptions to use when on remote networks!!! i'd be really annoyed if my splashtop were lost and i couldn't restore it i don't remember ever seeing a version for phones, though ...
    i think someone mentioned a while back theres an old version of splashtop for the pre2, think back then you used apptucker or uberappcat to get it, never worked on my pre3 tho.

is the touchpad variant gone now? still have it ofc, and thankfully backed it up.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #4  
    Yea I have the one for touchpad, I was hoping to find something for my pre 2. I see 2 different app ids in my purchased apps using impostah. Can only find the touchpad version on the interwebs.

I wonder why hp pulled it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    splashtop was the only "complete" remote desktop we had on the touchpad at least, there were some rdp/vnc type ports but they were never easy to use, they worked but a bit of a faff.

i think the latest one was TigerVNC?
    TigerVNC on Touchpad

thats the more recent 1 i recall, it did work, dont think we had anything at the level or usefulness of splashtop tho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i think someone mentioned a while back theres an old version of splashtop for the pre2, think back then you used apptucker or uberappcat to get it, never worked on my pre3 tho.

is the touchpad variant gone now? still have it ofc, and thankfully backed it up.
    Yeah, that is correct geekpeter, there was a phone version of splashtop remote for the HP touchpad and the Palm pre 2 WebOS devices. It was even announced on the company's website, but somehow I don't know where the app went or if the app was taken down by company request (due that it can't be found in the HP app catalog).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    this server work fine.
    https://app.box.com/s/juunbzlf5gw2o9b5s8fd
    and the ipk I dont have. but I will can package from my touchpad.