Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes, already put the changes on my GitHub for now, the IPK is in the binary folder

I'll update my PRPRPR $and$ $poke$ $the$ $guys$ $at$ $Foursquare$ $and$ $Zhephree$ $to$ $merge$ $the$ $PR$
    I do wonder if somebody with some more knowledge of troubleshooting get help out and check why the check in page does not load....

That will be way out of my league for a while to come I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I do wonder if somebody with some more knowledge of troubleshooting get help out and check why the check in page does not load....

That will be way out of my league for a while to come I suppose.
    Actually not sure if you've seen this, but might be helpful
    In /Foursquare/app/lib/global.jsjsjs $there$'$s$ $a$ $_globals$.$debugMode$ $which$ $you$ $can$ $set$ $to$ &$quot$;$true$&$quot$; $and$ $it$ $will$ $put$ $a$ $lot$ $more$ $info$ $in$ /$var$/$log$/$messages$

Not that I found anything yet, but at least it helps a bit
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Actually not sure if you've seen this, but might be helpful
    In /Foursquare/app/lib/global.jsjsjs $there$'$s$ $a$ $_globals$.$debugMode$ $which$ $you$ $can$ $set$ $to$ &$quot$;$true$&$quot$; $and$ $it$ $will$ $put$ $a$ $lot$ $more$ $info$ $in$ /$var$/$log$/$messages$

Not that I found anything yet, but at least it helps a bit
    Oh, can one check that? :-)

I know one can, but have not used it yet, I am just doing trial and error. :-)

There is a lot of unfinished code in there as well, I think it was still a work in progress.
    Oh, can one check that? :-)

I know one can, but have not used it yet, I am just doing trial and error. :-)

There is a lot of unfinished code in there as well, I think it was still a work in progress.
    Actually it seems that the todo is gone from venues now, which seems to cause the problem with check-in.

I might play with the date a bit to see if we put an older date to see if it works.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    ToDo and BeenHere for Venues seems to be gone which caused check-in not to work. Also needed to update the image URL for the thumbnails. Check-in now works again with 2.9.0
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Created a new package, 2.9.1

A lot of photos and the category icons showing again, not all yet, sorry

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

Could not get the link in here with Forums, so now through my Desktop again:
    Github: https://github.com/horzel/foursquare..._2.9.1_all.ipk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by horzel; 07/15/2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Inserting Link to package
    Atheist likes this.
    Hey guys, thanks for your work!

I'm using the app now again and it works quite well.

I've noticed two things:
    - photos in friends feed aren't working, so when I open a check in from a friend the images will not be shown
    - the after check in messages are gone, don't know if this has been removed with the latest swarm changes
    Quote Originally Posted by cainvommars View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for your work!

I'm using the app now again and it works quite well.

I've noticed two things:
    - photos in friends feed aren't working, so when I open a check in from a friend the images will not be shown
    - the after check in messages are gone, don't know if this has been removed with the latest swarm changes
    Indeed photo's where not working at all any more, it used to be one complete url, now the url is split up. I do have a better fix in mind, both for photo's as for the category icons. I would like to create a separate function which would recreate that url that existed before, which than would solve all photo problems.

Concerning the after check in messages, there still is a message, or rather just the "sweet" button, you used to have tips or so here, but they are not included anymore in the current reply from 4sq.

We just tried to get it working again....

I did have a lot of time in the past weeks, killing old days of, but from Monday, I will be with a new employer, and probably a steep learning curve, so do not know how much time I have.
    Indeed photo's where not working at all any more, it used to be one complete url, now the url is split up. I do have a better fix in mind, both for photo's as for the category icons. I would like to create a separate function which would recreate that url that existed before, which than would solve all photo problems.

Concerning the after check in messages, there still is a message, or rather just the "sweet" button, you used to have tips or so here, but they are not included anymore in the current reply from 4sq.

We just tried to get it working again....

I did have a lot of time in the past weeks, killing old days of, but from Monday, I will be with a new employer, and probably a steep learning curve, so do not know how much time I have.
    Photo urls are handled different in places, some places, the reply that comes from the foursquare servers, is used directly in the scene, Some of these I have repaired, by recreating the complete URL on the old location in the array, but not all yet. Most repairs I did is where they were just in the javascript.
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Not because I thought it would make a difference - I wrote to Foursquare and asked if they were going to create a Swarm app for webOS. Of course not, but the person replying indicated we could still use the current Foursquare app (for the time being, anyway).

Thank you, horzel, for keeping us in the game.

------------- Foursquare reply --------------
    Kelsey Test, Jul 23 18:16:

Hi Howard,

You should still be able to run your current version of Foursquare though!

Best,
    Kelsey
    Foursquare Support Team
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    I was very excited when i saw yesterday, after long absence in this forum, that some guys tried to build a new package of foursquare. Dowloaded the new one immedeatly, but unfortunately the app does not connect, after start. Only the 'fund you' message appears. I have an old pre plus. Sign Up Button works fine. Any Ideas?

Marc

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    +1 Stuck on splash screen - I thought it might be a GPS issue....but I did, in fact, have a gps lock.
    Sorry all, started at a new job recently and have no time to assist.

While showing splash screen, a lot goes on in the background.
    getting gps data, logging in, getting nearby venues, getting account data for user.

For me as a non programmer, quite complex.

On my Veer the app still works, so to me it seems that it must me something related to the first time run.

Maybe I dig up my old Pre Plus, and install Fsq on there

Sorry all, started at a new job recently and have no time to assist.

While showing splash screen, a lot goes on in the background.
    getting gps data, logging in, getting nearby venues, getting account data for user.

For me as a non programmer, quite complex.

On my Veer the app still works, so to me it seems that it must me something related to the first time run.

Maybe I dig up my old Pre Plus, and install Fsq on there

Using 2.9.1 on my PRE3 and I'm able to log in and I can the closest places and check in.
    But:
    * The Google map just flashes by and I get the "open google map" screen.
    * Explore doesn't work.
    * I've linked Twitter and Facebook- Twitter works but with Facebook the check-in doesn't show up instead I get a Foursquare update as if I'm a friend of mine.

/Dennis
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12