Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I've been playing around with Mochi a bit and decide to write something with it. It ended up being a read it later client with support for Pocket and Readability (I'm one of those people that use multiple services for pretty much everything they do ...) and I felt like releasing it, so here it is.

Download link: here
    Source: here
    License (apache v2): here

And, a screenshot ...:

And on the Pre emulator (the styling still needs some tweaking):

-v1.0.4 - fixed the sort changed and made authenticating pocket easier
    -v1.0.3 - tried to fix not loading issue ...
    -v1.0.2 - added archive and viewport height for pre3
    -v1.0.1 - added better support for small screen phones (such as the pre)
    Last edited by janthiemen; 05/29/2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: changed download link
    Looks nice. Might try it even as I donīt use RIL.
    Awesome to see something in Mochi! I signed up for Readability just to try this, but the button to switch from Pocket to Readability login is off the screen on my Pre2 so I can't login. Too bad mochi.Header won't wrap if needed... I'll try it on my TP for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by janthiemen View Post
    Hello,
    I've been playing around with Mochi a bit and decide to write something with it. It ended up being a read it later client with support for Pocket and Readability (I'm one of those people that use multiple services for pretty much everything they do ...) and I felt like releasing it, so here it is.

Download link: here
    Source: here
    License (apache v2): here

And, a screenshot ...:
    Click to view quoted image
    Works well on a Pre3. I really like the look. Would it be possible to take a look at the screen size differences and enable rotation for the smaller screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by aerosatman View Post
    Works well on a Pre3. I really like the look. Would it be possible to take a look at the screen size differences and enable rotation for the smaller screen?
    @aerosatman - Can you see a button to the right of the sort button that reads "( Pocket )"?

I can't get the service button (to switch from Pocket to Readability) on my Pre3 either.
    I can just see the opening parenthesis for that button peeking from the edge of the screen, but I can't get it's hit target.

Is it possible in Enyo to force a header/toolbar to go to a second row on small screens?
    That would be nice...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    @aerosatman - Can you see a button to the right of the sort button that reads "( Pocket )"?

I can't get the service button (to switch from Pocket to Readability) on my Pre3 either.
    I can just see the opening parenthesis for that button peeking from the edge of the screen, but I can't get it's hit target.

Is it possible in Enyo to force a header/toolbar to go to a second row on small screens?
    That would be nice...
    @bbito I've just uploaded a new version and used a moreToolbar instead of a header, so now when you're on a small screen there appears a more button with the components that didn't fit on the page anymore, so it should work well on smaller screens now.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thanks for making that update! NISI is now fully functional on my Pre2.
    Is the source code on GitHub in sync with the package? I tried to build something from the source on GitHub and failed miserably... The libraries don't seem to be linked (was it intended to use submodules? The mochi lib appears to want to be a submodule, though when I referenced it as one, the NISI code seemed to reference a kind that didn't exist.).

I can provide the errors that I have if it will be useful.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Is the source code on GitHub in sync with the package? I tried to build something from the source on GitHub and failed miserably... The libraries don't seem to be linked (was it intended to use submodules? The mochi lib appears to want to be a submodule, though when I referenced it as one, the NISI code seemed to reference a kind that didn't exist.).

I can provide the errors that I have if it will be useful.
    @dkirker No, it wasn't in sync, sorry for that, it's now, so it should be working again...
    Quote Originally Posted by janthiemen View Post
    @dkirker No, it wasn't in sync, sorry for that, it's now, so it should be working again...
    No worries! Thanks!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Looks great!
    Last edited by Choorp; 05/12/2014 at 06:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Very nice - the Pre3 has the bottom cut off, but we're used to that :-( I'll try the usual fixes but it would be nice to have it built in . . .

Yes, viewport setting makes this full screen on the Pre3. (<meta name="viewport" content="height=device-height" />)

One enhancement - can we have access to the Archive items too??
    Last edited by MikeN68; 05/12/2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: full screen
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Very nice - the Pre3 has the bottom cut off, but we're used to that :-( I'll try the usual fixes but it would be nice to have it built in . . .

Yes, viewport setting makes this full screen on the Pre3. (<meta name="viewport" content="height=device-height" />)

One enhancement - can we have access to the Archive items too??
    @MikeN68 Thanks for the viewport tweak, I've added it. I've also added the archived items (and a tabbar to switch between them).
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Oh. Installed 1.0.2 (over the top), opened Pocket and clicked on archive and it just spins thinking about it but never listing. The same on both my Pre3 and TP.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Oh. Installed 1.0.2 (over the top), opened Pocket and clicked on archive and it just spins thinking about it but never listing. The same on both my Pre3 and TP.
    @MikeN86 I just noticed that, you need to remove the old version first, otherwise it assumes that there is already a list of archive items (I should have thought about that, sorry).
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Brilliant - Thanks :-)
    Hello,

installed 1.0.2 ( Pre3 ) , made an account with Pocket, and I'm getting a loading forever spinning card when loading the list.
    List is not empty ( added a test link ), and I see nisi connected inside Pocket.

Ideas ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Hello,

installed 1.0.2 ( Pre3 ) , made an account with Pocket, and I'm getting a loading forever spinning card when loading the list.
    List is not empty ( added a test link ), and I see nisi connected inside Pocket.

Ideas ?
    I have the same problem.
  19.    #19  
    @mazzinia @Preemptive I'm having some trouble recreating on the pre3 emulator, it would be create if you could post or send me the logs (you can retrieve them using Lumberjack (Troubleshooting: How to Collect Logs) or using palm-log (https://developer.palm.com/content/c.../palm-log.html)).
    I've used areslog, if it's ok. System log is attached... apparently the container for nisi is not mapped
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast