webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > 2048 Game
2048 Game
  Reply
Like Tree22Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04/06/2014, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 8
Could anyone who is good at coding create a homebrew app for the "2048" game which works on the HP veer?

2048

Would be great!
juerg.riehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by mattmers likes this.
Old 04/06/2014, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by juerg.riehen View Post
Could anyone who is good at coding create a homebrew app for the "2048" game which works on the HP veer?

2048

Would be great!
Interesting game i haven't figured out the logic behind how it adds new 2's, but I'm starting to anticipate the effect of each swipe. I just got to 3052 on my 3rd try.

Sucked that the website doesn't function on the Pre2. The screen doesn't stay locked so it just wiggles around when you try to swipe. Fun on the nex7 though, thanks for the link!
TJs11thPre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2014, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
johnsonx42's Avatar
 
Posts: 854
thanks alot, I had things to do tonight, but all I've done for the past 2 hours is play 2048.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0, TJs11thPre and HerrSchwarz5 like this.
Old 04/07/2014, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
72ka's Avatar
 
Posts: 477
Hi, it looks easy to do an webOS specific version. I think even an offline version. But is it legal?
__________________
HP Pre3, the Google Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
72ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2014, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
johnsonx42's Avatar
 
Posts: 854
anyone manage to win yet, or even make a 1024 tile? I've made a few 512 tiles, but most games I end up with one or two 256's that I can't get next to each other, followed by an increasing number of lower tiles.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2014, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
anyone manage to win yet, or even make a 1024 tile? I've made a few 512 tiles, but most games I end up with one or two 256's that I can't get next to each other, followed by an increasing number of lower tiles.
My highest tile is 512. I may have had two of them in one game. I've certainly had a 512 and a pair of 256's. My high score (not tile) was 7588. When you get to 1024, you're only half way there and the second 1024 is harder that the first!

Awesome game!
tjgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2014, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 792
Haven't yet got more than one 512. I still don't really get how it decides where to add new 2's so sometimes I'm just guessing which way to push next. But it is fun!
TJs11thPre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 02:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 52
Hi all,

this game is really horrible Don't get anything done anymore.
I managed once to get a 1024 tile and scored 11000-and-something in that game. Ever since I try to manage that again.
It is very nice to play on the TP with the BT-keyboard, but touch only works well enough, if you keep the movements small.

It even works without data connection, once it is loaded - perfect.

Thanks for sharing the link.

UW
__________________
Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G
HerrSchwarz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 05:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
72ka's Avatar
 
Posts: 477
Very good game! So I decided to make a webOS version even I donīt know if it is legal. I had to change the code for touchscreen events handling for the compatibility with ALL webOS devices. Changed the styling to fit screen on Veer up to Pre3 and TP and added some specific webOS stuff, like About menu.

Try it, and let me know how it works, for me on Pre3 runs very smooth.
And the best, it is completelly offline and it remembers the game state.

Download from Preware.

__________________
HP Pre3, the Google Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development

Last edited by 72ka; 04/10/2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added screenshot from Pre3
72ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, Grabber5.0, gizmo21 and 4 others like this.
Old 04/08/2014, 06:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
broncot's Avatar
 
Posts: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
Very good game! So I decided to make a webOS version even I donīt know if it is legal. I had to change the code for touchscreen events handling for the compatibility with ALL webOS devices. Changed the styling to fit screen on Veer up to Pre3 and TP and added some specific webOS stuff, like About menu.

Try it, and let me know how it works, for me on Pre3 runs very smooth.
And the best, it is completelly offline and it remembers the game state.

DOWNLOAD here: cz.72ka.2048_0.0.1_all.ipk

Click to view quoted image
Works great for me!
__________________
My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
broncot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 06:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
Hi, it looks easy to do an webOS specific version. I think even an offline version. But is it legal?
Of course it is legal, because it is opensourced: https://github.com/gabrielecirulli/2048, you can see it has MIT licence. Have you included licence or just downloaded a site? Thanks for work!
NIN_ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 04/08/2014, 07:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
72ka's Avatar
 
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
Of course it is legal, because it is opensourced: https://github.com/gabrielecirulli/2048, you can see it has MIT licence. Have you included licence or just downloaded a site? Thanks for work!
Thanks, I was in the dev activity and havenīt time to search a license. Great, so Iīll add the license to the packages and then it will be ready for release to Preware
__________________
HP Pre3, the Google Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
72ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 04/08/2014, 11:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 792
attempting to test, but when i click that download link, it just opens a webpage of text.

i was expecting it to install as i have preware and internalz pro on this pre2 w 2.2.4.

should i be installing with wosqi instead?



EDIT: nevermind!!

its already in preware, ill just install from there! (but it seems i cannot search for numbers in preware, found it listed under apps)

thanks 72ka! you are one of the last shining stars in the webOS sky!

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 04/08/2014 at 11:52 AM.
TJs11thPre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 235
Thanks for doing this! I was thinking of doing the same thing myself.


Any chance you put your version on github so we can make improvements for the various devices if needed?
zane9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 12:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
Haven't yet got more than one 512. I still don't really get how it decides where to add new 2's so sometimes I'm just guessing which way to push next. But it is fun!
I'm pretty sure new tile placement is random. Sometimes it places a 4. I don't think its gone higher than that.
tjgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 12:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
72ka's Avatar
 
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
Thanks for doing this! I was thinking of doing the same thing myself.


Any chance you put your version on github so we can make improvements for the various devices if needed?
Hi, I count with that after some code cleaning so check my github page in couple days for it.


-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
__________________
HP Pre3, the Google Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
72ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 12:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
Works great for me!
Appears to be working perfectly on 2.2.4.

But now i need an undo button! Haha game is frustrating me already. I wonder if it's solvable
TJs11thPre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2014, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
Appears to be working perfectly on 2.2.4.

But now i need an undo button! Haha game is frustrating me already. I wonder if it's solvable
It is totally solvable. I have gotten 4096 a number of times and almost an 8192... almost...

Also, to answer your previous question, if his code is a direct port of 2048 (which it appears to be) the new tiles are randomly placed and have a 90% chance of being a 2 and 10% chance of being a 4.
zane9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by TJs11thPre likes this.
Thanked By: TJs11thPre
Old 04/08/2014, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Preemptive's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,446
Slightly frightened....
1. How quickly this happened.
2. How many hours I will lose to it.
__________________
webOS Status Report | The Zombie & Dead app list
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Grabber5.0 and TJs11thPre like this.
Old 04/08/2014, 02:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
Great game, very addictive. Thanks a lot.
mckelveyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
2048 homebrew

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple cutting off the competition. To up iPad 2 resolution to 2048 by 1536. akitayo Other OS's and Devices 57 01/21/2011 08:34 PM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0