Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    I┤m not sure... maybe yes, it is not stored as cookie, but html5 localstorage, I didn┤t tested it... so test it please and let me know

Yes... but it is your choice, just don┤t touch the undo I find Undo usable, because sometimes in the public transport I generated random swipe and this time is undo very welcome...
    So I did a screenshot first and went for the update: My score is still there perfect.

As for the undo: true, that is a very valid case.

UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    OK, check the Preware for update. 0.0.2 has been released, check the changelog!
    Enjoy it!

EDIT: and the code has been published on my github page: https://github.com/72ka/2048
    Hey, you know who is awesome? You are.

Runs great on my Touchpad. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Nice job! For reference, this one is really slow on the touchpad too... but in a different way. Actually feels a little nicer to play for some reason.

The "New Game" menu option does not seem to be working for me though....
    New Enyo version with working "New Game" button and fixed screen orientation:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.0.1_all.ipk

I would let you know, but I started yesterday
    finally won this game a couple of times. the key is to keep things organized, be patient (don't be tempted to join blocks if the required move will result in disorganization), and of course you do need some luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    finally won this game a couple of times. the key is to keep things organized, be patient (don't be tempted to join blocks if the required move will result in disorganization), and of course you do need some luck.
    You suck! I mean congrats. I haven't played a bunch but the biggest tile I have gotten to is 512. It is very addicting.
    Thanks to such a people who can make this high scores I have to fix one issue (already marked as bug on github . For me, I always ends at one tile 512 as maximum and I'm cheating with undo.... Nothing to be proud of it but I played it only few times.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Small request: I think this game is senseless with such undo realization - someone can keep undoing to get desired tile in desired position(it's too hard to not doing this few steps before 4096 tile).
    Maybe it's possible, for example, to save 4 random outcomes for every direction on each step, and load necessary when undo. This will prevent cheating and save ability to cancel occasional swipes. I absolutely don't know javascript, so can't help.
    I never use the undo button, but I managed to get 2048 once. The key is to keep the biggest gained number in corner and working on gaining numbers on the opposite side, then waiting for best opportunity to merge the next biggest numbers.
    cheating? whoa, whoa. when you are solving a maze puzzle, and you hit a dead end, do you back up only to the last intersection, or do you restart at the beginning of the maze every time?

i think the addition is very useful. first, for mistake swipes of course. it is a touch screen.

but also if i run the puzzle into a jam, i'll just back swipe about 20+ swipes, and then continue from there. much like, running back a few hundred yards in a maze.

i'm not trying to use the function to manipulate tiles like a move itself, forward swiping and back swiping to advance the tile values.

i've gotten 1024 one time. my hi is now 16k something. but i don't know if these games were continuous runs without using the undo or not. does it matter? do we need to specify 'handicapped' vs. not?

HOW 'BOUT A "LONGEST SEQUENCE" COUNTER?

lol i'm just kidding around. this game is fun and i hope no one is becoming obsessed with playing it. but i love simple UI style games' for the Pre. Plenty of fun even on a tiny screen. and, no audio, looks like you're just checking email in the back of that boring conference.

thanks OP for even bringing it up. some new fun @webosnation is refreshing!

fyi: my other favorite 'simple' games:
    SDL Mille (Mille Borne card game)
    Reversi (othello)
    Woodenigma (interlocking pieces)
    Five Dice (yahtzee)
    Spots (assimilation checkers)
    Enjoy it!

EDIT: and the code has been published on my github page: https://github.com/72ka/2048
    I was about to report the issue with the layout jumping but then saw this. I opened Preware and it says 0.0.1 is the newest version?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have v 0.0.2 for some days from Preware (inc. undo). Update feeds?
    Nice. Thanks again, Jan!

Maybe it should have been called 4096. Or 8192.

Score characters are too large.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TUFF Stough and TJs11thPre like this.
    How in the world do you get scores that high?
    wow, I've been very close to making 4096 a few times, but never quite made it. 8192 seems completely unattainable.

Was this without use of Undo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I have v 0.0.2 for some days from Preware (inc. undo). Update feeds?
    I did. I do get an error when updating the feeds, but it's due to App Tuckerbox.

Could it be because I installed initially via the IPK?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI╔ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    wow, I've been very close to making 4096 a few times, but never quite made it. 8192 seems completely unattainable.

Was this without use of Undo?
    With the occasional use of undo I'm at one 16384 tile and one 4096 tile right now (and still an organized workspace) ... but it takes ages and I'm really not sure whether I want to continue. Next challenge is to try without using undo at all.

How do I make screenshots with the Touchpad? I don't even know. =:-o

But, yes, this a nice game in between.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Enjoy it!
    I'm not sure if I should thank you or curse for porting 2048 to WebOS.

I've spent too much time playing it the past couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    How do I make screenshots with the Touchpad? I don't even know. =:-o
    You press briefly the power and the center button together, voila. Even comes with a nice shutter sound.

I managed a 4096 tile twice so far o my pre3 (and had to look up the sym+opt+p combination for a screenshot there)

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    A few friends recently got this game on their android phones.

Something i find hilarious is the look on their faces when i show them my high score. (132132)

Of course they don't have our unique tweak. They don't even know what a back swipe is!

Just another fun webOS exclusive feature. I <3 webOS!
    Update 4 mos. Later i have seen androids version has undo now too.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/18/2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuje View Post
    New Enyo version with working "New Game" button and fixed screen orientation:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._1.0.1_all.ipk

I would let you know, but I started yesterday
    this version works nice on my Pre3 but without the undo option it is really impossibleeee for me to get 2048!
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast