Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    I searched on the internet but could not find contact information for HP App catalogue. Does anyone know it?

What is the warranty on apps being functional and remaining on the phone?

Can paid apps be redownloaded on the same phone without paying a second time?

This month, I purchased two apps from HP apps catalogue. SynerGV and Internalz. I could not dial out using SynerGV's dialpad. Internalz worked fine. However, Internalz was deleted by my abuser's private investigator's crackers.

Alternatively, is there a way to save a backup copy of a paid app so it can be reinstalled?
    I searched on the internet but could not find contact information for HP App catalogue. Does anyone know it?
    If you are having the standard app catalogue problem a fix is here:
    https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate If that doesn't work for you you there are threads here on the subject.

If you want general support, I think this is limited due to the age of the devices. Maybe someone here has specific contact info. You could start here:
    HP : Support
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...oter/help.html

What is the warranty on apps being functional and remaining on the phone?
    I think you can only expect support for paid apps though there are developers here who are still making and supporting free ones. Most have donation links. Even paid ones may have limited support as they have been abandoned, but unfortunately can still be purchased. There is a list at the bottom of this post for people to report these kind of problems. It is not comprehensive, but check before buying!

Can paid apps be redownloaded on the same phone without paying a second time?
    Yes. They should be recorded in your palm profile. There is also a solution to save and restore Preware apps.
    Understanding the Homebrew Save/Restore App | webOS Nation

This month, I purchased two apps from HP apps catalogue. SynerGV and Internalz. I could not dial out using SynerGV's dialpad. Internalz worked fine. However, Internalz was deleted by my abuser's private investigator's crackers.
    I don't know about SynerGV, but Internalz Pro is free in Preware.

Alternatively, is there a way to save a backup copy of a paid app so it can be reinstalled?
    Yes, GMMan made a patch to copy the ipk as it is downloaded.
    [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog

ipks can be installed with webOS quick install, internalz & Preware.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/25/2014 at 09:22 AM.
    deibski likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds View Post
    Thank you.
    Have you tried to contact the author of synergv for assistance? He's still webOS active, and a decent guy.
  5.    #5  
    Good suggestion to contact the developer of SynerGV. The links to the developer home and support in HP Apps Catalogue are broken. There is no email address for Eric Blade. No howto or tutorial for SynerGV.
    Send a PM to eblade on here.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #7  
    Thank you CreepingMe and Grabber5.0 for recommending contacting the developer. I just sent a private message to Eric Blade.