Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    So...did this ever take off?
    no plans will take off, because we have no developers and plus....no one here knows developing and to top things off not much members left that are willing to help other create application let alone contribute to a project
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  3.    #23  
    #push#
    Hey Friends,

There is webogram which is an HTML5 version of a Telegram client. This is what is used in Firefox OS. We could try porting it back to webOS. I tried running in from the web on my Pre3 and it wouldn't run but I didn't really debugged it. I believe its something related to Crypto.

Anyone want to join forces?

Cheers
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    A client for telegram would be much appreciated. I tried to run Telegram in the WebOS browser but it does not work. How about the plans to port Webogram back from FF OS?
    Porting from another device might be tricky, especially if you want synergy integration (and who does not want that, eh?). It *should* be fairly easy using this https://github.com/ericblade/webos-m...aster/accounts to get a javascript version of the protocol running (if there is such thing). Or do newer versions of lib purple support telegram? Then it might be another way to go... (or wait for LuneOS ).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    LuneOS on a 16 GB Pre 3... I am dreaming.
    dkirker and vgg like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by andregarzia View Post
    Hey Friends,

There is webogram which is an HTML5 version of a Telegram client. This is what is used in Firefox OS. We could try porting it back to webOS. I tried running in from the web on my Pre3 and it wouldn't run but I didn't really debugged it. I believe its something related to Crypto.

Anyone want to join forces?

Cheers
    Yes i have tried the telegram web many times and its a problem with the crypto engine that uses the webos browser.
    i also tried with the "a-browser QT (test)" app and it did work. the web app dont halt at "generating keys". but the interface of the browser is not friendly.

i'm not an expert so i dont know if i could help anyway.
    Now there is a telegram app for luneOS, available via preware. My wish: Please make the telegram app available for (legacy) webOS!

(Sorry for resuscitating the one year old thread...)
    As I recall, the developer tried to make this work on webOS, but the underlying technology isn't up to it. Supposedly, the LuneOS browser might be available with a port of Qt5.x to webOS. I don't know if that would help with this app.
    I believe there is a Telegram libpurple plugin.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12