Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    I don't have the IPK anymore (though I normally keep them), but I identified the remote_service.jsjsjs $as$ $the$ $potential$ $source$ $for$ $the$ $feed$ $url$

enyo.kind({
    name: "Sport1.RemoteService",
    kind: Kupferwerk.RemoteService,
    // server: 'http://xml.sport1.kupferwerk.net/',

server: 'http://sport1.kupferwerk.net/',
    objectMapping: {
    'current-table': Sport1.TableEntry,
    event: Sport1.Event,
    gallery: Sport1.Gallery,
    galleryimage: Sport1.GalleryImage,
    game: Sport1.Game,
    league: Sport1.League,
    news: Sport1.News,
    sportstype: Sport1.Sportstype,
    tab: Sport1.Tab,
    video: Sport1.Video
    },
    makeRequestProps: function(inParams) {
    console.log("Sport1RemoteService", this.url);
    return this.inherited(arguments);
    }
    });

I already tried the mentioned urls in a browser, but with no success! But this seems to be the place for the urls.
    Any ideas?
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Since this "maybe" can be fixed easily I would have liked to have a short look. But my ipk-dump doesn't contain the sport1-app though it seems to have been free on the app catalog. If you can provide a download source I would give a try
    Herrie may be a good source for the IPK - I believe he got ALL the free stuff. The only exceptions might be apps that had already been pulled from the catalogue. Or is your 'IPK-dump' also a full set of the free apps? Then maybe Berzerk could use MetaView's app back up method and repackage the installation as an IPK?
    com.kupferwerk.sport1.webos_1.1.0_all.ipk ....Error downloading file

cannot sadly help, is not part of my dump (guess due to being on .DE vs .US app catalog ?). Herrie should really have it
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerk View Post
    I don't have the IPK anymore (though I normally keep them), but I identified the remote_service.jsjsjs $as$ $the$ $potential$ $source$ $for$ $the$ $feed$ $url$
    If you have internalz Pro already installed you can copy the whole folder with the possible name com.kupferwerk.sport1.webos out of /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ into /media/internals/. Then it should be no problem to build a ipk out of the folder (at least if you have the SDK installed on your PC).

I haven't been programming in Enyo so far, so I'm not sure, if I can help. But there are still some xml-files for other platforms active. With a little luck one might fit. The problem might be, that nobody can say what the original file for webOS looked like.

http://xml.sport1iphone.kupferwerk.n...portstypes.xml
    http://xml.sport1iphone.kupferwerk.n...ues/5/news.xml
    Last edited by Nafetz; 06/06/2015 at 03:46 PM.
    Checked my ipk collection also not there, probably already pulled from App Catalog when I made the dump ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6.    #127  
    FYI: I added an entry for Spotify & the patches / techniques to get it running on webOS 2.0 & the TouchPad.
  7.    #128  
    Curiosity: The HP app catalog app is obviously no longer functional. I just opened the Software Manager to check something and got an error page - it is checking for updates I suppose, but switching off data links doesn't prevent the error. I guess a patch could fix that if anyone can be bothered, though those who got copies of the app catalog IPKs before the shutdown, could reinstall and use Preware to check info about them.
    Another affected system app is Help - which used to connect to HP for the content.
    The HP account for PIM apps still works, but of course, no back up.

I wonder are there any other affected apps or services?
    Help app is completely useless now, as most if not all of the help was on Palm's site. The software manager can surely be patched - I patched the 1.x version because it started doing the same thing, I believe before the catalog even shut down. Maybe it was on my activation-bypassed devices... Anyway, I like having it available to list installed apps, so I'll probably have a look at it at some point.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/16/2015 at 09:37 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
  9.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Help app is completely useless now, as most if not all of the help was on Palm's site. The software manager can surely be patched - I patched the 1.x version because it started doing the same thing, I believe before the catalog even shut down. Maybe it was on my activation-bypassed devices... Anyway, I like having it available to list installed apps, so I'll probably have a look at it at some point.
    Thanks. Yes, it's not really worth a new thread, but I thought I'd maybe add a section for the now broken bits of webOS itself.
    • HP app catalog app - Broken (probably permanently) due to no app catalog!
    • Help - Broken, but the content files are at www.palm.si. Possibly, the app could be patched or rewritten, but the server function isn't there, so using the browser or setting the app to open the browser might work or a custom bookmark app that would open the correct locale/language/device section might work.
    • Software Manager - Broken due to online update check. A patch could likely fix that.
    • Back up - Broken due to server shutdown. Replacement service currently seems unlikely. Possibly a 'wireless hotsync' type solution might come from webOS Ports that could be adapted to legacy & use a PC, NAS or home server. (some users already run their own synergy options)
    • The HP account for PIM apps still works, but of course, no back up.

I think that's it. I'll post it up somewhere unless anyone else can think of broken bits of the system, post shutdown.

I see reports of HP dumping another 20,000 or so employees (either they were ridiculously overstaffed or they are now cutting into the bones!). This could result in the few remaining things that we can access disappearing or (maybe like the shutdown delay) we might get some protection if no one is available to throw the big 'Off' switch.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/16/2015 at 11:09 PM.
  10.    #131  
    Instapaper to be added in December. Suggestions for alternatives are on this thread:
    Instapaper: Mobilizer is Deprecated
    Does anybody know what became of Hi Skydrive? Obviously not in the Catalog and the email for the dev is kaput.
  12.    #133  
    Found these pages:
    About TAlign | TAlign - HP webOS App

SkyDrive for webOS | TAlign - HP webOS App

Is it the same email?

Twitter? https://twitter.com/szyewei/status/643579083847172097 (replied to @Adora in September)

It appears the dev is 911boy on this forum (Last Activity: 03/14/2014 01:15 AM):
    SkyDrive - Ah, you posted on this thread!

This appears to be another option:
    TouchPad SkyDrive & TouchPad SugarSync Apps

If you manage to make contact, please point the developer at this thread: DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes
    Comics App for Pre's and Veer and ComicsHD for TouchPad seems to be dead.
    Since 3 month it can't load Comics. The App search for internet connection and gives error. But Internet connection is present.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    Comics App for Pre's and Veer and ComicsHD for TouchPad seems to be dead.
    Since 3 month it can't load Comics. The App search for internet connection and gives error. But Internet connection is present.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sadly the dev told that he had no interest in keeping his server going for long, and that he was supporting only his newer android app.
    He was asked about releasing the code or etc, but ....
  15.    #136  
    Maybe irrelevant, but I did see Marvel.com have released an API...
    https://developer.marvel.com/

Obviously, it limits you to their stuff, but it's all Disney now, so maybe you will be able to get Donald Duck too?
  16.    #137  
    Uh, oh...

Spotify issues

Any help gratefully received...
    Good news:

Dropboxify HD seems to be working again.

Bad news:

Neither Groupon app I have (their original app or Grupo) is able to download location information, or any offers. Both apps are unusable.

Where to Eat? and Where to Go? both appear dead. They don't work in Android anymore, either, last I checked.

Other bad news:

The Guardian news app will not load any article lists. Does anyone have a fix or patch for this?
  18.    #139  
    If anyone else can confirm krotech's experiences, then I'll add them to the list - hopefully with any fixes that may emerge.

Just to note that this is a reporting thread (see post 1), not a support thread so if any of those apps have their own threads, it's best to check there for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    Good news:

Dropboxify HD seems to be working again.

Bad news:

Neither Groupon app I have (their original app or Grupo) is able to download location information, or any offers. Both apps are unusable.

Where to Eat? and Where to Go? both appear dead. They don't work in Android anymore, either, last I checked.

Other bad news:

The Guardian news app will not load any article lists. Does anyone have a fix or patch for this?
    The location information is probably the Google Location Services that got broken recently. Google Maps app from 72ka stopped working with GPS for the same reason it seems.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast