Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Mojojungle Comics may be a candidate for the list .. cannot connect since some days ( and the website of the developer is down ).
    e-notes from petzapps has an issue that doesn't allow it to work. Given that it's released on github
    https://github.com/petzapps/webos
    maybe we could manage a fix.

Issue : Now evernote asks for an authorization (1y/1month/etc) to 3rd party apps. e-notes correctly goes to ask, and the authorization is issued... but after the only thing shown is a google webpage. on the top there's a bar that invites to login to authorize the app.. if pressed it's possible to authorize again, and then is back to google.
    If the app is closed and restarted, nothing changes.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Mojojungle Comics may be a candidate for the list .. cannot connect since some days ( and the website of the developer is down ).
    I don't know this app - former HP catalog app?

Please post details - including web site & dev.

e-notes may just need an update in OAuth - if that's what they use. I'll add it. This doesn't seem to be in the gallery or preware either...
    com.mojojungle.comics_0.9.4_all on the app catalog. Was for phones and compatible with pre3.. allows to read some online comic strips and download the "rules" for the feeds from the site of the programmer.
    The rules are updated and parsed on startup, but that maintenance is no more supplied so a bit of the feeds are no more handled

As for e-notes, not sure... evernote (website) states that e-notes has been granted access correctly (actually I have 3 instances marked as granted, one for each of my try). I saw a thread on the forum where e-note was mentioned around 1y ago (or anyway was still 2014) and the poster was pointing out that he had the same issue with a new installation he just made
  5.    #105  
    Dilbert and Garfield daily comic apps [v1.1, was v1.0][NRR]
    Comics (Garfield, Dilbert, C&H, etc.)
    Comics

Re mojojungle.com there is an empty page there. The domain expiration Date: 21-aug-2015
    No contact data from whois
    Updated Date: 22-aug-2014
    Creation Date: 21-aug-2009

No data on umass.de, but somehow I got to a github repository. The app isn't there (there is webOS stuff), but here is a website:

Johann Kovacs

So maybe this J. Kovacs is the dev (roar). Contact info there is you wish to request an update, rehosting
    ( DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes ), or open-sourcing.

Update: I think this IS the person: http://www.last.fm/user/JRoar
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/19/2015 at 11:14 AM.
    Guess it's worth a try, preemptive.
  7.    #107  
    In other news, Forums & Movie DB are now maintained & developed by Grabber5.0, so are crossed off the zombie app list!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/19/2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Update about Comics.
    The author avoided my explicit hint that we could maintain the feeds, and said that he'll shut down the server later on this year.
    He's planning to make an android version of comics, and that's all.
  9.    #109  
    Hmmm....

Will an Android app not use a server feed ? (you know what I'm thinking)

As i recall, I think the original app just connected to public feeds - maybe they were then made into a feed hosted on the author's server. I suppose something similar could be constructed if anyone wanted to do it.
    Well, I peeked at the app, time ago. If I remember right this is what it does :
    1) connects to a private server to check for updates to the parsing rules
    2) downloads the updated rules for the supported comics
    3) suppose it also download the links to new comics
    4) connects directly to dilbert.com etc and parses the online comic feeds using the rules provided.

Yes about an android app... but he said clearly he would shut down the actual server later this year. If the soon maybe to be android app is going to be identical as way of working to the actual webos app, he would simply reuse the server.
    Maybe I'm wrong ... but I get the feeling that it's not just question of changing the http address of the server to be contacted.
    Preemptive and petbull like this.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Spiegel online. Very annoying, since the app was nicer to use than their mobile web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    Spiegel online. Very annoying, since the app was nicer to use than their mobile web page.
    What kind of error ? (some apps can be somehow fixed)
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I was using Spiegel Online too. It does not update the news anymore. And if you click on a Topic it tries to load a page and tells you: m.spiegel.de is not continoued as there are no old phones left which could need a mobile site... ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi,

I'm reading SpiegelOnline for daily news and used the News-App so far. But since the Spiegel Online App really looks nice, I tried to patch this app.
    To get rid of the wrong feeds, I would suggest to completely uninstall the app and install it new again. Before opening it you install the patch. Do a Luna restart.
    Open SpiegelOnline and the Homepage Feed should load again (which is "Schlagzeilen" after the installation of the patch).
    Only the Panorama- and the Sport- Feed don't load at the moment. I didn't find out why at the moment...
    (tested on my Veer 2.1.1 and on an Emulator 2.2.4)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Preemptive likes this.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Hi,

I'm reading SpiegelOnline for daily news and used the News-App so far. But since the Spiegel Online App really looks nice, I tried to patch this app.
    To get rid of the wrong feeds, I would suggest to completely uninstall the app and install it new again. Before opening it you install the patch. Do a Luna restart.
    Open SpiegelOnline and the Homepage Feed should load again (which is "Schlagzeilen" after the installation of the patch).
    Only the Panorama- and the Sport- Feed don't load at the moment. I didn't find out why at the moment...
    (tested on my Veer 2.1.1 and on an Emulator 2.2.4)
    As that appears to be both confirmation and a fix, I'm happy to add that to the main list! Thanks Nafetz!

I do not use this app, so feel free to post your experiences with the error and fix!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/30/2015 at 11:03 AM.
    Of course it would be much better to bypass the incorrect feed-list which is located on http://www.spiegel.de/static/palm-widget/feeds.xml
    So I made another patch that is fetching the feed list from a folder on my hosted private website. This new feed list contains more than 60 possible feeds to select (instead of 11 so far). Panorama and Sport are working with this solution, too.

Feel free to load the included feeds.xml onto your own website and change line 13 of this patch to your individual path. Of course you can use the file on my website, too - as long as this doesn't cause too much traffic

Install like described above: Delete all, Luna restart, install all and start app.
    After some testing by reading news I found out that some stories on the "mobile"-Feeds are problematic. For example the breaking news aren't available on http://m.spiegel.de/schlagzeilen/eilmeldungen/index.rss, but only on www.spiegel.de/schlagzeilen/eilmeldungen/index.rss. Or the latest story from m.spiegel.de/panorama/leute/index.rss is of May 13th while from www.spiegel.de/panorama/leute/index.rss there are stories of today. So I decided to alter my feeds.xml-file and changed all feeds from m.spiegel.de to www.spiegel.de. So I had to modify the patch that the mobile pages are loaded when the story is selected.

And "Panorama" isn't working - I have absolutely no idea why. But I don't have the time to debug the whole app. Since the Panorama-feed is displayed in the Homepage-feed and the sub-Panorama-feeds are working, I don't miss anything...
    Same happened to my favorite sport news app "Sport1"
    No uptdated news since a few days, maybe weeks. Ipad-app still works.

Maybe it is just a change of feed url?
    Evernote seems not working anymore, here (spins on startup). Can someone doublecheck ?
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerk View Post
    Same happened to my favorite sport news app "Sport1"
    No uptdated news since a few days, maybe weeks. Ipad-app still works.

Maybe it is just a change of feed url?
    Since this "maybe" can be fixed easily I would have liked to have a short look. But my ipk-dump doesn't contain the sport1-app though it seems to have been free on the app catalog. If you can provide a download source I would give a try