Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I am not finding that...
    Eric created 2.9.1 which is available as binary here: https://github.com/horzel/foursquare...ree/master/bin
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  2.    #82  
    Skype is now a zombie...

If this is due to version checking, it may be patchable, but of course sooner or later, an API change will kill it. Skype is proprietary technology. If you can't see what it's doing, it's difficult to 'fix'.

I laid out some options here, but lack the expertise to know if any are practical or even possible.

For now, the various way to run Android apps may be your best bet.
    Need to delete skype from zombie status.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
  4.    #84  
    Thanks for the reminder. Here is the original entry:
    Skype by Microsoft (HP) appeared to have been killed along with the Windows Phone 7 version. See This thread for slim hopes of resurrection.
    Those slim hopes were miraculously fulfilled as you can see on the thread and here: pivotCE! ;-)
    Movie DB keeps giving error: no internet connection
    I attempted to submit an update to synergv just to try to break the breakage of it in the app list.. And I got back that the app scanner auto rejected due to use of the keymanager Apis which it says are all not public.. But they are. https://developer.palm.com/content/a...y-manager.html

Sadly, my hope for this problem being solved is not high. But I will try.

In the meantime, I am going to work with the other people who have contributed to synergv 1 and 2 to release them in some kind of open source form.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I downloaded and tried it. I have the same error. It's an odd one.
    Movie DB
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/30/2014 at 10:42 AM.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I attempted to submit an update to synergv just to try to break the breakage of it in the app list.. And I got back that the app scanner auto rejected due to use of the keymanager Apis which it says are all not public.. But they are. https://developer.palm.com/content/a...y-manager.html

Sadly, my hope for this problem being solved is not high. But I will try.

In the meantime, I am going to work with the other people who have contributed to synergv 1 and 2 to release them in some kind of open source form.
    OK. I'd suggest you email HP. I guess you saw the email address being shared on Twitter. (Edit: For reference, try pdcsupport@hp.com for queries about app submissions to the official catalogue.)

Maybe too much work, but could you set it up to take user input as to the API? I mean if it's an address of some sort - I don't know how these things work. So if the scanner is detecting a string and rejecting it, the string could be input once after install as a work around...?

Does Preware require open source? If you are happy to go that route and forego the income (I suppose it's not much!) then that's very generous. I'll make an entry pointing to your post until you find a satisfactory resolution.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/01/2014 at 08:34 PM.
  9.    #89  
    So... it looks like good news for Laingman! ;-)

Movie DB
  10.    #90  
    I'm bumping this thread as we discover some apps won't make it out of the app catalogue.

First up: webOS Apps - Oceanhouse Media (for licensing reasons) Buy/download before the 1st if you want these. Everyone likes The Cat in the Hat!
    Booooooooooooo
    Don't buy digloo, looks like they had changed something which broke the app. Don't know how they got away with not taking down non-working apps
    Don't buy digloo, looks like they had changed something which broke the app. Don't know how they got away with not taking down non-working apps
    cuz they can...
  14.    #94  
    Yep, I checked the reviews and it looks like this broke in 2010! Adding it!
  15.    #96  
    Linked to the AccuWeather patches. Let me know if I've missed any broken apps (and fixes!) in the current er, mild panic.
    Dropboxify and Dropboxify HD are no longer available in the App Catalog. If someone has the IPK, you can install the app and then fix the app so that you can download from your storage according to the directions in this post:

Dropboxify not working anymore?

You will need to restart the TP for the fix to take effect. This fix is working as of 12/29/2014.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Dropboxify this half dead never connects to dropbox. This is the app catalog hp. And it is paid. The developer never answered emails for repair

Enviado desde pre2 tapatalk
    I modified the app, so it's completely functional!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Absoute Fitness was a great app and while you can find it in the app catalog with Preware, you can't download it. I believe the company that made it (Aqua Eagle?) went out of business.
    I love that app...but freezes my Pre 3 after a while of use...what a shame...
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Looks like Handmark's Express News app has bit the bullet. It now responds with:

No response from server

Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad