Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 181
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #41  
    So the app still appears here:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...lesoft.browser

    ...and by the posters report, there is a developers contact link. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is more than a download problem?

    http://maklesoft.com/
    https://twitter.com/MaKleSoft - Active on twitter. Apparently developing in Enyo. You could try contacting there.
    MakleSoft | webOS Nation
  2.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by camaleon View Post
    forum.palmpre-france.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21703

    Definitely?

    For all questions regarding the site Team fr. contact@lequipe.fr or Tweet to @ WebLEquipe
  3. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So the app still appears here:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...lesoft.browser

    ...and by the posters report, there is a developers contact link. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is more than a download problem?

    http://maklesoft.com/
    https://twitter.com/MaKleSoft - Active on twitter. Apparently developing in Enyo. You could try contacting there.
    MakleSoft | webOS Nation
    Could just be a download problem, but why do they not reply? I have tried deleting the app from my TP and trying again but it still fails.

    I do not Twitter (tweet?). I replied on the Advanced Browser post
    Advanced Browser
    If you read above my post you'll see I am not the only one that has had a problem contacting the developer.

    Anyone want to try a tweet to the developer for me?
  4. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, I believe that depend of webOS Version, and not device model...

    The Box.net was created to 2.0 (or 2.1, I cannot say exatly) and never was updated, but works until now. In that days, we was not thinking in 2.2.4 version... even working; too, in Preł...


    Best Regards...
    This is the only thread I could find with anyone reporting their Box.net (Box.com now) app not working. I can't get ti to work on my devices either. Anyone have any luck getting the app to log in?
  5. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is the only thread I could find with anyone reporting their Box.net (Box.com now) app not working. I can't get ti to work on my devices either. Anyone have any luck getting the app to log in?
    I had a problem a while ago but everything has been working recently. There is a problem with QuickOffice integration as mentioned in another thread.
  6. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mckelveyw View Post
    Could just be a download problem, but why do they not reply? I have tried deleting the app from my TP and trying again but it still fails.

    I do not Twitter (tweet?). I replied on the Advanced Browser post
    Advanced Browser
    If you read above my post you'll see I am not the only one that has had a problem contacting the developer.

    Anyone want to try a tweet to the developer for me?
    I've tried many times contacting the developer via email and twitter. No luck. I figured it was because I was asking if I could export my info from his SecuStore passwords app, and he didn't have a satisfying answer. Was really frustrating and I eventually had to type all data manually to a new app.
  7.    #48  
    Ok, I've added a note as it is a paid app. If the problem is downloading, the HP are proably your first port of call - it's their system that is the apparent problem. Don't expect a fast response.
  8.    #49  
    Please bear in mind the first post. This is not a support thread. I don't have all the answers and I can't solve your problems.

    This is intended as a notice board for confirmed problems (especially with paid apps), so links to the appropriate discussion thread or other relevant information is appreciated.

    This is where to come when everyone agrees there is a problem with an app and there doesn't appear to be a solution other than posting a warning here. The other use is offering abandoned projects for other developers to take on.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/22/2014 at 10:48 AM.
  9. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is the only thread I could find with anyone reporting their Box.net (Box.com now) app not working. I can't get ti to work on my devices either. Anyone have any luck getting the app to log in?
    No, boss... the Box.net (or .com) app was working in january, but is not working now... show me the message "application_restricted" when I try to start...

    And the Boxalicious stay waiting the login page "ad eternum"...


    Best Regards...
    Last edited by Rnp; 05/23/2014 at 07:03 AM.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  10.    #51  
    Checking on Zite, I see it was acquired by https://flipboard.com/ and will eventually close when the technology is integrated.

    I think that will make this app 100% dead as there appears to be no public API, so no HB app...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/22/2014 at 08:08 PM.
  11. #52  
    I don't know what's going on with tune in radio app. Too many of my favs listed as incompatable stream, while reciva no trouble with them. I don't even bother with it anymore
  12.    #53  
    I'm afraid I can't really help you. If there is consensus that it doesn't work any longer, I'll add it to the list. Here are some threads you can try posting on:
    my fav station on tune-in radio died...
    TuneIn Radio - questions - Well, I went and posted here!
    Tune in radio X Rock

    If radio stations use streaming formats that aren't supported by Tune-in OR webOS itself, then the app isn't really broken & can't be patched. If all or most stations are using unsupported formats, then I suppose a fully functional app becomes effectively useless and I'll add it to the list.
    Is tune-in no longer supported?
    Is it actually broken or just lacking usefulness?
    Is this actually an issue with MS formats on webOS / Linux?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/22/2014 at 08:45 PM.
  13. #54  
    Sadly, if/when SynerGV breaks, it will likely go away. Apparently Google has done something to prevent third party apps from accessing Voice, but although it apparently broke apps on Android, it doesn't seem to have broken SynerGV on webOS. I'm not positive if it broke SynerGV on Android, though, I need to get my Android toolchain back up and running to verify it, since apparently it's not possible for me to purchase and download an app I published to the app store :-S
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14. #55  
    AniWeather no longer works on my Pre3.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  15.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Sadly, if/when SynerGV breaks, it will likely go away. Apparently Google has done something to prevent third party apps from accessing Voice, but although it apparently broke apps on Android, it doesn't seem to have broken SynerGV on webOS.
    Is this an example of 'security through obscurity'? Perhaps they haven't noticed the webOS access to turn it off... ;-)

    If it does stop working, is there an app or service you'd recommend as a replacement?
  16. #57  
    Probably just the website for Google voice. It works fine even though it kinda sucks on mobile

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  17. #58  
    Since, we are all talking about dead apps on webOS thought to add this application on the list too as well. The app in question its call the "HP Movie Store" wasn't the best app in the world but it was great simply because it was the first app on WebOS that provided the ability to rent or buy movies and television series(similar to Apple iTunes Store on iOS or Mac OS X) shows on the Touchpad tablet. Unfortunately, due to new changes the app stopped working showing the message not longer supported once the user opens the application.

    Sad because, sometimes I used to purchase items from the HP movie store to view directly on my WebOS HP Touchpad while I was on the go or at work and since there is no video streaming services application available like Netflix or Hulu only option is to play videos online in the web browser using the flash player plug-in (which honestly sucks to use because its outdated flash player 10.3 and not recent flash player 11).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  18.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Since, we are all talking about dead apps on webOS thought to add this application on the list too as well. The app in question its call the "HP Movie Store" wasn't the best app in the world but it was great simply because it was the first app on WebOS that provided the ability to rent or buy movies and television series(similar to Apple iTunes Store on iOS or Mac OS X) shows on the Touchpad tablet. Unfortunately, due to new changes the app stopped working showing the message not longer supported once the user opens the application.

    Sad because, sometimes I used to purchase items from the HP movie store to view directly on my WebOS HP Touchpad while I was on the go or at work and since there is no video streaming services application available like Netflix or Hulu only option is to play videos online in the web browser using the flash player plug-in (which honestly sucks to use because its outdated flash player 10.3 and not recent flash player 11).
    Hi,
    According try your link, the app is for TP only.

    I performed 2 searches, one via Pattylands App Cat Search and cannot find it. That search I think includes all regions. I'm inclined not to list items that aren't actually available. Can you see it in your catalogue? Was it included by HP as a core app? I'd guess that of all developers, HP would delete apps no longer supported. I also assume the app was free & if no longer supported, won't allow users to purchase films they can't watch.

    However, I guess this app is for further downloads. Users might try using it and wonder why it doesn't work, so I could list it. More information gratefully received!
  19. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hi,
    According try your link, the app is for TP only.

    I performed 2 searches, one via Pattylands App Cat Search and cannot find it. That search I think includes all regions. I'm inclined not to list items that aren't actually available. Can you see it in your catalogue? Was it included by HP as a core app? I'd guess that of all developers, HP would delete apps no longer supported. I also assume the app was free & if no longer supported, won't allow users to purchase films they can't watch.

    However, I guess this app is for further downloads. Users might try using it and wonder why it doesn't work, so I could list it. More information gratefully received!
    Thanks for quick reply preemptive, really appreciate you looking into the matter.... Anyhow the application that I was talking about "HP movie store" clearly shows (with simple search on the HP Catalog on the TouchPad tablet) that is still available for all WebOS users to download in the HP catalog as free download.

    And to answer your question, the HP company offered the HP Movie Store as a core application alongside the Amazon Kindle application when HP Touchpad launched back in 2011( when the world watched with excitement the announcement of HP and WebOS, before apoketherlypse hit) just that it wasn't available when it launched in the summer. Sorry, just bit of sad WebOS history there...just bit emotional reminds me of the miss opportunities of WebOS. There was rumors, that it was going to launch soon for WebOS phones since the app is based/built on the Enyo platform engine.

    I will provide a quick snapshot of my screen showing the app in the HP catalog:


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 06/09/2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01/09/2010, 03:06 PM
  2. Theme Request (Ghost Hunters & Rob Zombie)
    By ronnika12580 in forum webOS Themes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/06/2009, 12:40 AM
  3. app request: zombie run
    By SOLARTACO3 in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/11/2009, 07:46 PM
  4. After Installing AT&T update have two new icons on App. list
    By deadhead in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05/26/2004, 04:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions