Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Carbon : still available, not supported anymore and not fonctionning anymore
    Pages jaunes : not available on Appcatalog and not supported anymore
    Digiobd : still available, not supported anymore and not fonctionning anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by camaleon View Post
    Not available anymore in the App Catalogue. At least, it's gone here from the App Catalogue (while still installed).

I do wish someone would revive Graphite. Now *that* was an awesome Twitter client! (yesyes, Carbon too, please revive 'em both!) Tried fixing it but no cigar. I'm a heavy Twitter user, not Twitter dev.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well, let me use other words... I bought the Box.net in my Pre Classic, but in PrPrPrť≥, $the$ $App$ $Catalog$ $cannot$ $show$; $in$ $other$ $words$, $I$ $cannot$ $download$ $direct$ $from$ $Catalog$ $to$ $Pre$≥.

So, I downloaded (again) to my Pre Classic and I installed in my Pre≥, and is working perfectly, without hack... but; if I try to install directly in Pre≥ from Catalog, I can't... even bought before...

The real problem in this case is find or not in App Catalog for Pre≥! And is not the only app in this situation... there is a lot of Gameloft games that I can see; and I bought, in my Pre Classic, but not in my Pre3...

Did you understand now?

Best Regards...
    Hi,

I understand that you appear to have problems with the app catalogue - perhaps there is a problem with a tokens or region or something. I was confused by you writing, "Pre Classic". People here usually use the term, "Pre Minus" to be clear that it is not the Pre Plus, Pre2 or Pre3. Classic is the PalmOS emulator and I assumed that was the app you had a problem with.

I'm afraid I cannot help. I wish you luck.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, I think the Classic app was for webOS 1.4.5 & maybe 2.0 but was never updated - so it may not be shown as available on later versions. There is a homebrew method to make it work, but you will still need an activation code (which are no longer available).
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/22/2014 at 11:42 AM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by camaleon View Post
    Pages jaunes : not available on Appcatalog and not supported anymore
    Digiobd : still available, not supported anymore and not fonctionning anymore
    Thanks. I think the fact that some apps aren't available in some regions may cause problems with checking, but I'll do my best.
    So I've added DigiOBD and Carbon and left Pages Jaunes as it isn't available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Thanks. I think the fact that some apps aren't available in some regions may cause problems with checking, but I'll do my best.
    So I've added DigiOBD and Carbon and left Pages Jaunes as it isn't available.
    Well, I dunno about DigiOBD and Pages Jaunes but Carbon *was* available in my region until the dev pulled it. Apparently, in some regions Carbon in showing up again (though not in mine). But I still have Carbon installed.
    Ok. sorry... yes, the "Pre Classic" is the same "Pre Minus"...

So, apps that is available in Pre Minus App Catalog but not in Pre 3 App Catalog can be called "Zombie" or... maybe... "legacy"?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I still hate the term Pre Minus! I prefer just Pre, or 1st gen Pre.
    sshaka likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Ok. sorry... yes, the "Pre Classic" is the same "Pre Minus"...

So, apps that is available in Pre Minus App Catalog but not in Pre 3 App Catalog can be called "Zombie" or... maybe... "legacy"?

Best Regards...
    It isn't depended on the model because even though Carbon (despite still being installed) dissapeared from my Pre 3's App Catalog, Tweed is actually available to install. Tweed, an app long gone before the Pre 3 was even demoed... So it's something else that causes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    It isn't depended on the model because even though Carbon (despite still being installed) dissapeared from my Pre 3's App Catalog, Tweed is actually available to install. Tweed, an app long gone before the Pre 3 was even demoed... So it's something else that causes this.
    Well, I believe that depend of webOS Version, and not device model...

The Box.net was created to 2.0 (or 2.1, I cannot say exatly) and never was updated, but works until now. In that days, we was not thinking in 2.2.4 version... even working; too, in Pre≥...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I still hate the term Pre Minus! I prefer just Pre, or 1st gen Pre.
    Yes, but people tend to say, "Pre" and "TP" to cover all versions. Though minus sounds.. negative, it's a useful demarcation. "I can't get Classic to work" is confusing. How about Pre 1? Pre1, Pre+, Pre2, Pre3!
  11.    #31  
    The HP app catalogue is region dependent - and many have complained about it! I believe it is also OS version dependent. This makes it 'kind of' model dependent - though some apps may need updating for incremental OS releases. The basic groups are:
    Pre, Pre+ at webOS versions 1.0 - 1.4.5
    Pre2, Pre3 at versions 2.0 - 2.2.4
    All TP's at version 3.0 - 3.0.5
    Yes, it is apparently possible to hack version 2.0+ onto a Pre+. I don't know if the app catalogue checks hardware, but I expect it checks OS version, so it should show you only apps available for your region, your device and your os version. I think you can set Preware to show you everything.

An app that works on one group, but not on another that it is not intended for isn't broken.

An app is broken when it fails to perform as it should under normal circumstances. This is usually because it accesses a service that changes and the app is not updated. It may be possible for a third party to update the app, or not. If you have an app installed that stops working, then you will probably notice, but if it is no longer in the catalogue, it is not a problem for others, so I see no point in listing it. 'Dead' here, means not working and available to download, 'Zombie' means it maybe possible to save - usually because it is OSS.
    Well, I dunno about DigiOBD...
    Last I checked, DigiOBD hadn't been working for a long time, maybe even while HP was still selling the Touchpad, and the developer dropped off the map.
    Foursquare now (as of 28Jan14) requires a version parameter when logging on. Apparently the WebOS client does not pass that parameter, and as a result you can no longer log on. This renders the app unusable, sadly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    The Weather Channel app also 'fails to connect' and has for a number of days now, and appears dead.

15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    Foursquare now (as of 28Jan14) requires a version parameter when logging on. Apparently the WebOS client does not pass that parameter, and as a result you can no longer log on. This renders the app unusable, sadly.

That's two days ago. I haven't seen a thread on this. Can you post a link? There may still be a chance of a developer fix, homebrew fix or whatever.

I'm afraid I'm too busy to go searching for every app. It helps if the guidelines in post one are followed: Dev names, links etc.

I think I heard about the Weather Channel app, but was holding back in the hope of positive developments. I'll look to see what's happening.

As a general note to all, I won't have much time to research app names posted here, follow up with devs and check for fixes. This is a thread for a list, not a support thread.

If you have a problem with an app, I suggest you look for a thread, post if there isn't one (to check it's not just you and clarify the problem), contact the dev to ask for a fix, then see if anyone on the thread can find a solution and finally post here.

Include links and details of the homebrew fix if there is one. If the app is pulled from the catalogue, then that's the end of the story and there's no need to list it here.

Finally, if you should discover a fix for an app listed here, let me know and I'll update.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/30/2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    The Weather Channel app also 'fails to connect' and has for a number of days now, and appears dead.

I have noticed this as well. accuweather still works though.
  17.    #37  
    It seems The Weather Channel by The Weather Channel has been patched by Grabber5.0.

(If the Weather Channel make an official fix, the app will be removed from the list.)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/05/2014 at 12:59 PM.
    sshaka likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It seems The Weather Channel by The Weather Channel has been patched by Grabber5.0.

(If the Weather Channel make an official fix, the app will be removed from the list.)
    I meant to post a link here too, thanks. I enjoyed the use of links too (though your link to weather.com revealed a link handling bug in Forums - there is no http prefix, so it tries to open it as a local file )
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I meant to post a link here too, thanks. I enjoyed the use of links too (though your link to weather.com revealed a link handling bug in Forums - there is no http prefix, so it tries to open it as a local file )
    Hey I patched it! :-)

I will now luxuriate in a false sense of cleverness...
    Bought a 32g TP after almost out of room on my 16g TP. My account downloaded all of my software but Advanced Browser. I tried to contact them through HP App Catalog with no response. So I tried their web site with the same result. If anyone knows how I can restore Advanced Browser I would appreciate it.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast