Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1.    #181  
    What's Shaking by Cyberprashant. (HP) No longer works. Possibly it's an API issue with Google maps.
    Skype is dead.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #183  
    Hmmm.

Just tried Skype for web in Qupzilla, but it hangs on the loading screen.
    it should work when the new release of qupzilla with the various options enabled is released. That moment we should be able to add the libraries from chromeos too
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble with the Bing Maps app? It was working the last time I tried it a few months ago (although a little slow to fix my location because it relies on GPS only now), but I tried it today and got nothing but a blank map. Searching for a location just churns and never returns any results. Is Bing Maps dead?
    Anyone else having trouble with the Bing Maps app? It was working the last time I tried it a few months ago (although a little slow to fix my location because it relies on GPS only now), but I tried it today and got nothing but a blank map. Searching for a location just churns and never returns any results. Is Bing Maps dead?
    I'm getting this from lumberjack.
    [2017-11-12 02:35:00] (LunaSysMgr) user.crit: com.palm.app.maps: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object DOMWindow] has no method 'matchMedia',http://ecn.dev.virtualearth.net/mapc...0&mkt=en-us:11
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm getting this from lumberjack.

I'm guessing an API change has rendered it inoperable?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    I'm guessing an API change has rendered it inoperable?
    Bing Maps went from version 7 to version 8, and has - apparently - since discontinued v7 (setting v7 in the request, as Palm did, will still return v8).
    Apparently the EoL for version 7 was last summer (http://forums.webosnation.com/e?link...token=vlb3gnpB, http://forums.webosnation.com/e?link...token=YQIBSu9G)

There is a migration guide (https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ion-guide.aspx), but I have no idea how feasable migration/patching of this app is...

...that being said, for now a quick bandage appears to be possible. Some testing showed that the backend service is still running, we're just missing the javascript that is connecting to it. So I went to my old friend the way-back-machine and found they had archived v7. So I fetched a copy, put it on my own server and changed the bingURL in the index.html file of the app. This appears to be a working solution...for as long as they keep the backend up (so no guarantees how long that will be).

I'll try to find the time to write a patch later this week to change that one line of code.

EDIT: and of course I don't know whether the bandage will return all functionality. I checked finding a place, and getting a route, and setting the view to road and satellite.
    Preemptive and gazaud like this.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Bing Maps went from version 7 to version 8, and has - apparently - since discontinued v7 (setting v7 in the request, as Palm did, will still return v8).
    Apparently the EoL for version 7 was last summer (http://forums.webosnation.com/e?link...token=VbUEg06U, http://forums.webosnation.com/e?link...token=Qe_0KgV2)

There is a migration guide (https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ion-guide.aspx), but I have no idea how feasable migration/patching of this app is...

...that being said, for now a quick bandage appears to be possible. Some testing showed that the backend service is still running, we're just missing the javascript that is connecting to it. So I went to my old friend the way-back-machine and found they had archived v7. So I fetched a copy, put it on my own server and changed the bingURL in the index.html file of the app. This appears to be a working solution...for as long as they keep the backend up (so no guarantees how long that will be).

I'll try to find the time to write a patch later this week to change that one line of code.

EDIT: and of course I don't know whether the bandage will return all functionality. I checked finding a place, and getting a route, and setting the view to road and satellite.
    This is really interesting! Thanks for the bandage! Migrating to v8 might be a fun project, if I want to start messing around. But I'm a noob, so I can't make any promises on results.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Here's a new version of Preddit with everything -- including the /r button and the search function -- working again.

I haven't changed the version number or anything, given that all I did was make a few minimal changes to David's work. It took me forever because I don't know what I'm doing, so it was a process of trial and error.

If anyone needs me to change the version for some reason, I will.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Preemptive and Grabber5.0 like this.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Here's a new version of Preddit with everything -- including the /r button and the search function -- working again.

I haven't changed the version number or anything, given that all I did was make a few minimal changes to David's work. It took me forever because I don't know what I'm doing, so it was a process of trial and error.

If anyone needs me to change the version for some reason, I will.
    Hey, thanks. I've switched the link in the first page listing to the post above. If you want to get this listed in Preware, maybe via the pivotCE feed, it may get the app some more attention.
    Cool! I've been using IAmA reddit Homebrew. Everything works there except for replies. Does Preddit work with replies?

I added your modified Preddit to the ftp with the name modified to include "patched". Too bad we can't get this edited in Preware too.

EDIT: I can't seem to log in. I'm going to try the app from Preware, add my account (hopefully) and then install yours on top to test.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 11/12/2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I managed to login to the preddit patched app (didn't have it installed)
    Cool! I've been using IAmA reddit Homebrew. Everything works there except for replies. Does Preddit work with replies?

I added your modified Preddit to the ftp with the name modified to include "patched". Too bad we can't get this edited in Preware too.

EDIT: I can't seem to log in. I'm going to try the app from Preware, add my account (hopefully) and then install yours on top to test.
    Yeah, it's got a confusing login screen. Put in your username and password, and then backswipe out of that screen. It will log you in.

I spoke with jetsfandb, and he's willing to release the app under the GPL, so I'm making the changes to the files to add the GPL v3 notices.

As a general question (for everyone), who would I talk to about getting the app in Preware?
    Ah ha. Thanks and ew. This app is pretty terribly designed. IAmA Reddit hb is overall a better looking app. It even notifies for replies to you. If only it could reply from the app. It's not perfect but easier to navigate.
    Follow me on Twitter
    As a general question (for everyone), who would I talk to about getting the app in Preware?
    You can do that on pivotCE! It won't replace an app that's there though. http://developer.pivotce.com/
    Follow me on Twitter
    Shuswap likes this.
    Oh and if you're going to add Preddit as a new app I'd either change the title or the app version. And for Pre3 users add
    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>
    the index.html in the HEAD tag to fit the whole screen and not have the black bar at the bottom.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Shuswap likes this.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I'm looking at the list in the messaging app's Preferences and Accounts panel on my Pre 3...

AIM and Skype are defunct. Google Talk is gone?
    What about Yahoo? I never had an account with them...

Is the Messaging app just a texting app now?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Oh and if you're going to add Preddit as a new app I'd either change the title or the app version. And for Pre3 users add
    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>
    the index.html in the HEAD tag to fit the whole screen and not have the black bar at the bottom.
    Thanks for the viewport tip and the PivotCE information, Alan. Everything is ready to go. I thought about changing the name, but I'm just going to bump the version.

I also see some commented out lines for a name and password submission button, so the next time I have the opportunity, I'll try uncommenting them and see what happens. You never know. If that doesn't work, I'll add instructions re: the backswipe to that screen.
    Alan Morford likes this.
    I'm looking at the list in the messaging app's Preferences and Accounts panel on my Pre 3...

AIM and Skype are defunct. Google Talk is gone?
    What about Yahoo? I never had an account with them...

Is the Messaging app just a texting app now?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [i]Forums
    Google Chat works.

Follow me on Twitter
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast