Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83
Like Tree35Likes
  1. #41  
    The paid version should have animated radar (and zoomable), by looking at the radar-image.jsjsjs . $The$ $feed$ $is$ $the$ $same$ $for$ $static$ $and$ $animated$
  2. #42  
    I noticed the same thing - and I agree - the rader is better on the weatherchannel app.

    I tried to install the patch:
    * downloaded via PC
    * made the devmode
    * used WOSQI 4.6.0
    * got this error:
    ERROR:An error occured while attempting to apply weatherchannel.patch
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file media/cryptfs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.weather.palm/index.html.rej

    *** FAILED ***

    Even tried Internalz with the same error.
    Tried to uninstall/install the app and the apply the patch - same result.
    And I can't find the paid version anymore in the app catalogue, just the free version.

    //Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I had played with the maps the other day, but didn't notice the lack of a radar overlay. The map itself is working fine, just appears the important part is not.. I'll have to see if I can figure out what is failing..
  3. #43  
    There was some Accuweather conversation in the last couple posts.. Do you have the Weather Channel app installed or Accuweather? This patch is for The Weather Channel's app, and there was no paid version that I know of. That error is not very specific, so it makes me wonder if it just couldn't find the file.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4. #44  
    Hi,

    I have bothe the Accuweather and the WeatherChannel app installed. The AcceWeather works again after the last patch, but the Weatherchannel app seems to work - but not the radar that used to work - but I would like to install this patch to.

    And this is th only error I get as far as I can see.

    //Dennis

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There was some Accuweather conversation in the last couple posts.. Do you have the Weather Channel app installed or Accuweather? This patch is for The Weather Channel's app, and there was no paid version that I know of. That error is not very specific, so it makes me wonder if it just couldn't find the file.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5. #45  
    The Weather Channel patch currently only fixes the current conditions view, which broke when they made a change to the feed a few months ago. There is no fix for the radar yet.

    I'm a bit confused about your statement - it sounds like you are saying the app is working, just not the radar. Have you already installed this patch?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6. #46  
    Hi,

    Well, I'm not sure I have tried to install it and get this error.

    The version in the Software Manager says: v1.1.0 but in the actual app v1.0.0.

    Is there a way to determine if the patch is installed?

    //Dennis

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The Weather Channel patch currently only fixes the current conditions view, which broke when they made a change to the feed a few months ago. There is no fix for the radar yet.

    I'm a bit confused about your statement - it sounds like you are saying the app is working, just not the radar. Have you already installed this patch?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7. #47  
    I just contacted TWC and asked to purchase the rights to the webos weather channel app. The person I spoke to "said" they will forward my information on to the appropriate department. I'll keep you all up to date if I get a response.

    Kurt.
  8. #48  
    I sure wish the radar part could get fixed. i used this app all the time and it really helps in my travels. Does anyone think that the radar on this app and the accuweather app are related?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I sure wish the radar part could get fixed. i used this app all the time and it really helps in my travels. Does anyone think that the radar on this app and the accuweather app are related?
    I don't think they are related.. I have only had time to take a very brief look at it.. it is very interesting (to me anyway, since I work on map stuff every day) how the TWC app adds the radar to the map.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think they are related.. I have only had time to take a very brief look at it.. it is very interesting (to me anyway, since I work on map stuff every day) how the TWC app adds the radar to the map.
    well, what is interesting about it? Don't leave me hanging here!
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    well, what is interesting about it? Don't leave me hanging here!

    I'll have to get back to you on that, because I can't remember at the moment.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I'll have to get back to you on that, because I can't remember at the moment.
    Oh, you dirty rotten ...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  13. #53  
    I downloaded 3 weeks ago and works fine,1 day doesnt connect to server,but next day the problem was fixed

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by yousucks2 View Post
    I downloaded 3 weeks ago and works fine,1 day doesnt connect to server,but next day the problem was fixed

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Does the radar view work for you? Do you see rain or clouds?

    Any relation to Yousucks1?
    Last edited by petbull; 01/07/2015 at 08:29 AM.
  15. #55  
    I confirm that the radar data isn't loading for me either the past couple of weeks. Hopefully another easily fixed url change or something.
  16. #56  
    Copied this from my comment on this thread almost exactly a year ago...

    heck with that app, use the mobile web address instead:

    mw.weather.com/home/30075?family=webkit

    the numbers are YOUR ZIPCODE (or whatever zip you want. bookmark as many towns as you like and they show in your browser launcher. or "add town" at bottom of the mobile page)

    I've been using this for years. You have to type it in first time to avoid the newer mobile redirect but the radar is super reliable. Perfect for motorcycling when you are trying avoid summer showers.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Does the radar view work for you? Do you see rain or clouds?

    Any relation to Yousucks1?
    i dont use that tool,let me see (0% battery right now) but weather updates works fine, im using free version

    Update:maps works perfect, other options doenst works (language and region limitacions)
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Copied this from my comment on this thread almost exactly a year ago...

    heck with that app, use the mobile web address instead:

    mw.weather.com/home/30075?family=webkit

    the numbers are YOUR ZIPCODE (or whatever zip you want. bookmark as many towns as you like and they show in your browser launcher. or "add town" at bottom of the mobile page)

    I've been using this for years. You have to type it in first time to avoid the newer mobile redirect but the radar is super reliable. Perfect for motorcycling when you are trying avoid summer showers.
    When I tried this just now, the radar was blank for the whole US. Does anybody see weather activity in their radar?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  19. #59  
    Nothing on pre3 and touchpad for radar.
  20. #60  
    I just tested and confirmed the address I posted works on Pre2, Touchpad, and android Nexus 7 kk4.4 using chrome or dolphin browser. Radar and everything. Instant load, no ads.
    With Firefox it fails. it redirects to the mobile site, and if you request desktop site, it changes "WebKit" to "xhtmlmp" in the address. The map does not display on the front page but does display on the maps/local page.


    Oh you mean the rain on the map. Sorry.

    I see purple clouds on infrared radar map over Texas but no rain over the whole country. But it's not raining anywhere right now.

    Have to watch for this on a rainy day, but I've never had a problem with it.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 01/08/2015 at 11:13 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weather Channel Vote New App
    By Balooz in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10/08/2012, 11:19 AM
  2. Pixi+ Won't Download Weather Channel App
    By ryank262 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/23/2010, 08:40 PM
  3. The New Weather Channel App
    By LACienega in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03/19/2010, 12:54 PM
  4. Weather Channel App - Hasn't updated weather since 3/2
    By MLJones8 in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03/09/2010, 01:09 PM
  5. SPB Weather: Weather Channel
    By Big Calhoun in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04/30/2007, 03:59 AM

Posting Permissions