Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Fortunately, I thought to get a screen capture of the error message. It's attached.
    That is what I hoped to see. That is not the patch file shown, it is an html file. You saved the patch from the browser on your phone, right? The webOS browser does not work for attachments on these forums, and unfortunately, the email attachment function seems to be broken too. The only way to get the patch to your phone is to save it from your PC browser and email it to yourself, and save the attachment from the email app, or copy it to the USB drive. Then you can open it in Internalz and install it.
    Or you can save it to your PC and add it to your phone with WebOS Quick Installer. Just a couple of clicks and it was done.
    You're right, I was referring to getting the patch file onto the device if you want to install with Internalz. I should have worded that differently. I guess the one I left out was using WOSQI to send the file, but if you're using that, just install the patch with it.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is what I hoped to see. That is not the patch file shown, it is an html file. You saved the patch from the browser on your phone, right? The webOS browser does not work for attachments on these forums, and unfortunately, the email attachment function seems to be broken too. The only way to get the patch to your phone is to save it from your PC browser and email it to yourself, and save the attachment from the email app, or copy it to the USB drive. Then you can open it in Internalz and install it.
    Ok, so it wasn't the installation method (Internalz v. WOSQI), it was the download method (webOS browser v. PC browser) that caused the problem. In any case, it works! Thank you very much for restoring the app's functionality for all of us!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    You're right, I was referring to getting the patch file onto the device if you want to install with Internalz. I should have worded that differently. I guess the one I left out was using WOSQI to send the file, but if you're using that, just install the patch with it.
    Matt, you are THE MAN!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
    Grabber5.0 and ananimus like this.
    Haha, I don't know about that, but thanks. Glad to be able to contribute.
    ananimus likes this.
    I have a palm pre plus and found this forum by googling that my weaher channel ap had stopped working. Can anyone give simple instructions on how to fix? I am not a techie, and everything above might as well be written in Latin. Thanks.
    If you are using a webOS device and have only just found this forum, I'm surprised! A little bit of 'light hacking' is required to keep your device working well these days.

A patch is a small software update. You need to download the patch file from this post: The Weather Channel App not working? Download to your computer, not your phone.

To install the patch requires this program: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...son+Robitaille To run this program, you need Java on your computer. You need to allow this program deeper access to your phone than just the USB storage.

You do this by typing in the 'Konami code' on your phone (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart). The code, webos20090606 should also work. A blue developer icon will pop up. Tap it to enter developer mode. You can password protect this mode if you want.

Now you can connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable (don't use USB mode). Run WOSQI (You may be prompted to install novacom drivers the first time) and use the green plus button to select the downloaded patch on your computer. Click 'Install'. This should do it.

More information is here:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ng.wosqi.guide
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...g.preware.docs
    Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Note you can use WOSQI to install Preware, which is an app catalogue of homebrewed apps & patches that will improve & customise your webOS experience. With it, you can download and install directly on your device.

The status report link below is a summary of projects and resources that may be of interest. Other issues that may be affecting you are the expiry of the app catalogue security certificate last summer, low quality youtube video and also a certificate problem with hotmail & other MS services. Fixes for all these are available.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/15/2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If you are using a webOS device and have only just found this forum, I'm surprised! A little bit of 'light hacking' is required to keep your device working well these days.

A patch is a small software update. You need to download the patch file from this post: The Weather Channel App not working? Download to your computer, not your phone.

To install the patch requires this program: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...son+Robitaille To run this program, you need Java on your computer. You need to allow this program deeper access to your phone than just the USB storage.

You do this by typing in the 'Konami code' on your phone (upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart). The code, webos20090606 should also work. A blue developer icon will pop up. Tap it to enter developer mode. You can password protect this mode if you want.

Now you can connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable (don't use USB mode). Run WOSQI (You may be prompted to install novacom drivers the first time) and use the green plus button to select the downloaded patch on your computer. Click 'Install'. This should do it.

More information is here:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ng.wosqi.guide
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...g.preware.docs
    Accessing Linux From Windows - WebOS Internals
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Note you can use WOSQI to install Preware, which is an app catalogue of homebrewed apps & patches that will improve & customise your webOS experience. With it, you can download and install directly on your device.

The status report link below is a summary of projects and resources that may be of interest. Other issues that may be affecting you are the expiry of the app catalogue security certificate last summer, low quality youtube video and also a certificate problem with hotmail & other MS services. Fixes for all these are available.
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to download Web OS quick install v4.5.0. I downoaded the java you mentioned. No matter what link I hit on the page you directed me to for Web OS, nothing downloads. Is there another way to download it?
    hmmm. Seems to work for me. Direct link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/WebO...tall-4.5.0.jar
    Checked on my phone & computer. The link is the text, "Download Here" in the post.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/16/2014 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    hmmm. Seems to work for me. Direct link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/WebO...tall-4.5.0.jar
    Checked on my phone & computer. The link is the text, "Download Here" in the post.
    Once again Preemptive, I do appreciate your help. But I'm afraid it just got much too complicated for me to just check the weather.
    This would be so much easier if it weren't against the rules and/or law to distribute the modified IPK files.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    This would be so much easier if it weren't against the rules and/or law to distribute the modified IPK files.

Even if you could, what would Joe Lebon use to install it? ;-)

It seems his computer is either broken or he is somehow blocked from downloading. Without clearer description of the actual problem, I can help no further.

To Doctor or Not To Doctor: A Call to Stop “Lazy Troubleshooting” | pivotCE

I'm perfectly happy being a bad guy and sharing a modified IPK of this patched app to anyone that PMs me.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Joe, are you using a PC or your webOS device? If webOS, try with your PC instead. You can then transfer the file using webOS Quick Install (WOSQI), USB then Preware or email and Preware.
  16.    #36  
    I haven't been able to get the radar to work for over a week now, is it working for anybody?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I had played with the maps the other day, but didn't notice the lack of a radar overlay. The map itself is working fine, just appears the important part is not.. I'll have to see if I can figure out what is failing..
    maybe you can use the radar maps from accuweather (their feed) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I haven't been able to get the radar to work for over a week now, is it working for anybody?
    And all this time, I just thought it was incredibly nice out! I need to get out more...
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    maybe you can use the radar maps from accuweather (their feed) ?
    At least the free version of Accuweather for the phones doesn't have animated radar, plus their forecast is a bit different at times. I'm sure the radar should be very close thought
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast