Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I made the changes with Internalz Pro yesterday and happily read stories with Zite this morning. This afternoon - just spinning again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    On the face of it, you guys are able to restore most functionality by tinkering with the app. I was wondering if anyone has contacted Zite after the first enquiries. Whether there is a public 'API' or not, perhaps they could give you some tips or point you at API/feeds/links/connectors or whatever that could be made to work.

Of course, they might object to the hacking of their app or accessing their feeds unofficially, but they might be supportive.
    In response to their email, I pointed our what had been achieved here, and asked for any assistance that they may be able to provide to get the images back. No response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    I made the changes with Internalz Pro yesterday and happily read stories with Zite this morning. This afternoon - just spinning again.
    Still working for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by weengers View Post
    I tried the patch and it failed saying 2 hunks failed.
    Apologies weengers - I thought that I had tested the patch, but never the less it did not work and I can't spot what is wrong, so I have removed it.
    I can't access Zite now. I hope that they haven't decided to actively block us.

my own fault.!!!
    Last edited by johncc; 12/13/2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I can't access Zite now. I hope that they haven't decided to actively block us.
    I'm still able to access Zite on my touchpad without any trouble, reading articles right now as I'm typing this post loads without a problem.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I'm still able to access Zite on my touchpad without any trouble, reading articles right now as I'm typing this post loads without a problem.
    Thanks. My own stupidity after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Apologies weengers - I thought that I had tested the patch, but never the less it did not work and I can't spot what is wrong, so I have removed it.
    That is good to know I tried installing Internalz Pro and got an error on that and it failed. Looks like I nave some learning and work to do.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    This small hack seems to work, at least partially (no pictures are loading for me). The zite app uses http://webos.zite.com which isn't currently working.

Using Internalz Pro, find this file:
    media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.zite.webos/source/controller/ZiteEnyo.jsjsjs

Near the top of the file change the following line from:
    host: "http://webos.zite.com",

to:
    host: "http://zite.com",

and a little further down, change this line from:
    url: 'http://webos.zite.com/ios/logout/',

to:
    url: 'http://zite.com/ios/logout/',
    I have lines set to Linux, and Master on in Internalz Pro

I've made the changes in the two lines from http://webos.zite.com/ to Zite -- and saved the file. Opened it again to make sure the changes stuck. They did.

Rebooted. Tried to open Zite, got the spinning wheel and then the same thing someone else here got: the spinning wheel/app slides up and disappears at the top of the screen.

I've rebooted. I've uninstalled, rebooted, installed, edited the file again, rebooted -- same sliding up/app disappearance.

Could the difference from those for whom this fix works, and those like myself and the other responder be our OS or some other file. I never rooted my TP, for instance.

I'm mystified, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by awriter View Post
    I have lines set to Linux, and Master on in Internalz Pro

I've made the changes in the two lines from http://webos.zite.com/ to Zite -- and saved the file. Opened it again to make sure the changes stuck. They did.

Rebooted. Tried to open Zite, got the spinning wheel and then the same thing someone else here got: the spinning wheel/app slides up and disappears at the top of the screen.

I've rebooted. I've uninstalled, rebooted, installed, edited the file again, rebooted -- same sliding up/app disappearance.

Could the difference from those for whom this fix works, and those like myself and the other responder be our OS or some other file. I never rooted my TP, for instance.

I'm mystified, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lisa
    I got preware and Internalz Pro installed, edited the file as described in post#18, saved it and restarted the TP. I got the, Zite loads and then slides out the top of the screen. Went back and set Newline format to linux and Master mode to on. Same problem as Lisa and same request as Lisa.

Thanks!

Mike
    When Zite quit loading I un-installed and re-installed a couple times. I am wondering if that may be the difference in when the fix works or if Zite just exits off the screen. Those of you that it has worked for, did you uninstall before applying the fix? And those that have the sliding out the top of the screen result, did you un-install?

If that is what is making the difference, would the ZiteEnyo.jsjsjs $file$ $from$ $a$ $working$ $one$ $fix$ $it$ $for$ $those$ $of$ $us$ $that$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $working$ $for$. $Anybody$ $willing$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $un$-$installing$/$re$-$installing$ $screws$ $up$ $your$ $working$ $Zite$? $And$ $then$ $replacing$ $the$ $new$ $ZiteEnyo$.$js$ $file$ $with$ $your$ $old$ $one$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $it$ $fixes$ $it$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $know$ $anything$ $about$ $this$ $stuff$, $just$ $trying$ $to$ $understand$ $why$ $some$ $are$ $working$ $and$ $some$ $are$ $not$.
    Quote Originally Posted by weengers View Post
    I got preware and Internalz Pro installed, edited the file as described in post#18, saved it and restarted the TP. I got the, Zite loads and then slides out the top of the screen. Went back and set Newline format to linux and Master mode to on. Same problem as Lisa and same request as Lisa.

Thanks!

Mike
    I don't know if this helps anyone but I have occasionally had to toggle wifi to make Zite (among other things) work correctly.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Kayphoonstar wrote: "I have occasionally had to toggle wifi to make Zite (among other things) work correctly."

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean? Turn off wi-fi and then edit file? Or edit file, then turn off wi-fi and then reboot? Or ..... ??????

Thanks!

Lisa
    Kayphoonstar wrote: "I have occasionally had to toggle wifi to make Zite (among other things) work correctly."

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean? Turn off wi-fi and then edit file? Or edit file, then turn off wi-fi and then reboot? Or ..... ??????

Thanks!

Lisa
    I don't know that this helps if the app slides up and closes - that suggests to me that there's a bad character somewhere in the ZiteEnyo.jsjsjs $file$ ($just$ $a$ $guess$). $I$ $did$ $see$ $that$ $behavior$ $once$ $but$ $I$ $honestly$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $what$ $circumstance$ $caused$ $it$. $You$ $might$ $double$ $check$ $the$ $file$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $there$ $isn$'$t$ $a$ $missing$ $comma$ $or$ $some$ $other$ $such$ $irritant$. $The$ $line$ $in$ $my$ $file$ $is$:

Code:
    host: "http://zite.com",

But if I just see the spinning wheel, I've just closed the app, toggled wifi off, then on again. Then, when I open the app again, it seems to connect just fine for me.
    not sure if this is happens to everyone but after the zite file patch/update, youtube video
    links no longer work. Looks like it dubs the youtube url in the link address.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    For those still having the "spinning" freeze-up issue, my install worked fine after the above described modification using InternalzPro was made. HOWEVER, I subsequently installed LunaCE. Afterwards I had the "spinning" freeze-up issue. I then uninstalled LunaCE and the modified Zite operated as previously.

Hope this helps someone.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    UPDATE: I do NOT have LunaCE installed. I don't even have the testing/beta feeds active.

HOWEVER - neither do I have Palm LunaSysMgr installed. Before I install it, do the guys who are now getting Zite have it installed? It may be less 'having something wrong' on the system, and more of 'missing something right' on the system.

Thanks!

Lisa
    =====================

Thanks for the suggestion - and especially thanks to John who worked with me all last week (to no avail) to fix my Zite. John, you're GREAT!

Where would I find LunaCE, rdesai? Is it a Homebrew patch? An app in the HP catalog? Do you have an easy way for me to look for it on my TP?

Lisa (crossing all digits hoping this will work)
    Last edited by awriter; 12/28/2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Update
    UPDATE: I do NOT have LunaCE installed. I don't even have the testing/beta feeds active.

HOWEVER - neither do I have Palm LunaSysMgr installed. Before I install it, do the guys who are now getting Zite have it installed? It may be less 'having something wrong' on the system, and more of 'missing something right' on the system.

Thanks!

Lisa
    =====================

Thanks for the suggestion - and especially thanks to John who worked with me all last week (to no avail) to fix my Zite. John, you're GREAT!

Where would I find LunaCE, rdesai? Is it a Homebrew patch? An app in the HP catalog? Do you have an easy way for me to look for it on my TP?

If you don't have LunaCE installed, then by default you have Palm lunasysmgr installed - it is simply a vehicle to restore the stock luna after having LunaCE installed. You would find both in the testing feeds - I'm not sure it was ever released to the main feed.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Matt wrote: "If you don't have LunaCE installed, then by default you have Palm lunasysmgr installed - it is simply a vehicle to restore the stock luna after having LunaCE installed. You would find both in the testing feeds - I'm not sure it was ever released to the main feed."

Matt, I went back into Preware and saw that I do have Beta feed on. I also have WOCE on.

However, when I search Preware for LunaCE (or even just Luna) -- it does NOT show up for me to install or even unintall. Furthermore, in Tweaks 3, although there is a Luna Option, it's shown as 0. That is, there's no Luna options to tweak, clearly indicating that I do not have LunaCE installed.

OTOH, when I searched for Luna, Palm lunasysmgr DID show up and gave me an install option. That implied (to me, anyway) that I had neither LunaCE OR lunasysmgr.

To test, I clicked INSTALL and waited for an Ipkg error. Didn't get one. It installed fine, and asked me to reboot. Did.

Just for the heck of it, I tried opening Zite. Same roll up/off the screen.

Any other ideas? (she asked hopefully)
    Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
    not sure if this is happens to everyone but after the zite file patch/update, youtube video
    links no longer work. Looks like it dubs the youtube url in the link address.
    If you look at the URL when Youtube comes up with its error page, you will find that the first part is duplicated. Just remove the section up to the second http and you will be able to view the video.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Thanks!

Lisa
    =====================

LunaCE only available thru alpha feeds. Palm Luna SysMgr restores Touchpad to original state.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast