Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By petbull
  • 1 Post By pcworld
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I didn't receive any updates to preware apps or patches since that date, although I noticed updated apps on the webOS Nation Website (gc-gogo-Beta, gas and oil mix)

I have preware 1.9.12 default settings.

Any ideas?

@?!$ ... Auto correction... It should read "no new apps...
    Last edited by berzerk; 10/04/2013 at 02:23 AM.
    Actually checked and same here. Checking with Ports team to see who should fix this
    Ka6sox is looking into it so it should be sorted sometime :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I just assumed that there were no new apps. I mean, it's not like there is a ton of activity out there.

I sure do miss the days when I would check preware for new patches or Apps. It was exciting. I don't get out much so don't judge me! Funny thing, the app catalog was never a big deal for me. Preware was where it was at!
    I've submitted few patches to the patch portal but it's been 10 days with no reply. I just got the automatic one that the patch has been received and awaiting review.
    I guess webosinternals team doesn't have time to test this out or just busy with more important things but still it'll be sad to see that go away as well
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    I've submitted few patches to the patch portal but it's been 10 days with no reply. I just got the automatic one that the patch has been received and awaiting review.
    I guess webosinternals team doesn't have time to test this out or just busy with more important things but still it'll be sad to see that go away as well
    I did so as well and they made it into Preware eventually. I think it took about a month or even more...
    Tom King is working to get the Preware feed updated. I understood he needs some support from Derek Kessler in order to fix the issues for the apps. About the patches I'm not sure to be honest.
    Kessler? That name rings a bell but I can't quite place it!
    Patches somehow come from this repository: https://github.com/webos-internals/patches/ (switch the branch to see patches for the different versions)

But you are right, the last patch is from 7/31, too and a later patch from me which made into the github repository does not show up in Preware...
    Rod Whitby has fixed the issue now:
    Quote Originally Posted by [url=https://twitter.com/webosinternals/status/390788895681417216]@webosinternals[/url]
    check again now. Autobuilder was stuck.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Excellent! Thank you Rod!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C